Sales -proposed Extra Guidelines

Mike

below is first draft of proposed extra guidelines

the thinking is to provide simple, common sense ones that can apply generally rather than specfic cover every type guidelines

1. single posts

all members are asked where possible to group sales in one list

if feel the sale deserves it ( say for example a interesting three or four figure record) then should be no problem

however it should be the exception rather than the rule

2. re-listing - listing of sales that have already been posted

if wish to relist (re-post) please wait 48hrs before doing so

3. ebay - posts linking to ebay sales

ebay section is to be used for all ebay linked sales - it has moved it is now under sales market not sales

4 ended - posts that contain sales no longer available

if sales are no longer avialable(sold, withdrawn etc ) please indicate either by editing post or posting a reply to the orig post

as said first draft, hopefully cover some of the concerns expressed

again as a member run affair feeback/views most welcome

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 11
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest DAWEEDSMOKA

I like how the sales are posted by date, but is there any chance of ever being able to search in one section oppose to searching the entire forum?

Social source share

I can understand the reasoning for getting people to make lists of sales up..... but...

This week I posted six seperate items and a list of sales, all of which had been posted before.

Two of the single items listed have 'sold' whereas not one item on the 'list' has.

As daft as it sounds, some people just can't be bothered with reading lists.

Edited by pikeys dog
Social source share

I can understand the reasoning for getting people to make lists of sales up..... but...

This week I posted six seperate items and a list of sales, all of which had been posted before.

Two of the single items listed have 'sold' whereas not one item on the 'list' has.

As daft as it sounds, some people just can't be bothered with reading lists.

Joe

interesting point, as you say single item are always going to have a better 'sales' reaction

but if everyone started posting single sales then in one day 10 members posting 5 will swamp the index page

maybe a q of balance

whatcha reckon if have in guidelines a limit of say 3 sales posts a day ?

gonna need some heavy monitoring!

mike,you haven't mentioned what happens to the rule breakers,e.g forty lashes etc

john

nah, idea of guidelines is that they are flexiable enough to avoid heavy moderating/monitoring but clear enough so that all aware

rule breakers ? hopefully if all members are aware, all will play the game

can't remember last time had to take any sewrious actions against any member for over the top sales

while always gonna get a few pushing things to the limit hopefully if guidelines clear then things will stay like that

Social source share

Joe

interesting point, as you say single item are always going to have a better 'sales' reaction

but if everyone started posting single sales then in one day 10 members posting 5 will swamp the index page

maybe a q of balance

whatcha reckon if have in guidelines a limit of say 3 sales posts a day ?

No arguments with you there Mike,

As you say it's a question of balance.

Whatever way you decide to go is up to you - afterall it's your site - your rules :ohmy:

Agree six in one day was probably OTT - but came to that conclusion myself when I realised I'd probably knocked a few of that days posts off.

Is it possible to show the last 24 hrs posts on one page?

That way no ones sales would get missed just because theyve been bumped down?

Social source share

Guest REVILOT

Some good ideas Mike

How about - one list per member per day max - then if one chooses to list one record ar twenty it is up to them.

Perhaps putting quantity of records being listed in the sub title - so browsers know if it is only one record or 20 they are gong to look at will help.

The forum does work well as it is but it can get frustratig when age old listings are constantly bumped to the top with trivial remarks.

Perhaps the order should be of date listed rather than replies given Then those looking for records will be able to keep track of the lists they have looked at and geninely new ones that they have not.

But whatever suits all suits me :ohmy:

Just keep up the good work.

below is first draft of proposed extra guidelines

the thinking is to provide simple, common sense ones that can apply generally rather than specfic cover every type guidelines

1. single posts

all members are asked where possible to group sales in one list

if feel the sale deserves it ( say for example a interesting three or four figure record) then should be no problem

however it should be the exception rather than the rule

2. re-listing - listing of sales that have already been posted

if wish to relist (re-post) please wait 48hrs before doing so

3. ebay - posts linking to ebay sales

ebay section is to be used for all ebay linked sales - it has moved it is now under sales market not sales

4 ended - posts that contain sales no longer available

if sales are no longer avialable(sold, withdrawn etc ) please indicate either by editing post or posting a reply to the orig post

as said first draft, hopefully cover some of the concerns expressed

again as a member run affair feeback/views most welcome

Social source share

No arguments with you there Mike,

As you say it's a question of balance.

Whatever way you decide to go is up to you - afterall it's your site - your rules :g:

Agree six in one day was probably OTT - but came to that conclusion myself when I realised I'd probably knocked a few of that days posts off.

Is it possible to show the last 24 hrs posts on one page?

That way no ones sales would get missed just because theyve been bumped down?

on the single items - some have made the point and posts like benji and bueys latest demo it

that if use the subtitle to show 45s - you can sort of get best of both worlds

on last 24 hours - it be could be done but it be a custom thing which am trying to avoid at moment

Some good ideas Mike

How about - one list per member per day max - then if one chooses to list one record ar twenty it is up to them.

Perhaps putting quantity of records being listed in the sub title - so browsers know if it is only one record or 20 they are gong to look at will help.

The forum does work well as it is but it can get frustratig when age old listings are constantly bumped to the top with trivial remarks.

Perhaps the order should be of date listed rather than replies given Then those looking for records will be able to keep track of the lists they have looked at and geninely new ones that they have not.

But whatever suits all suits me :thumbsup:

Just keep up the good work.

on first suggestion think a guideline of 3 may be more workable

yep the better use of titles and subtitles is something that could be improved so its more helpful to buyers

on second hopefully the new display which is as you suggest will improve things

thanks again to all for passing on views

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!