Not Had A Natter About Watches For A While

Guest Trevski

On 24 March 2015 at 22:27, Dave Ward said:

If you are really into mech. watches, there are lots of forums on the internet. Most make Soul Source appear light-hearted by comparison, these guys live for dates, originality and price. They even post photo's of the watch they are wearing today.  It's worth a look, you may not be as anally retentive as you thought as you discussed the ink colour on the label of a Demo !

Wouldn't have A look if Yur pride & joy is either A quartz or A tag heuer watch ! 

Social source share

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 05/11/2016 at 18:11, Addio said:

Probably the strangest watch in my collection. Bought dirt cheap off ebay years ago.20161105_110101_001.jpg

Bought my 1st LCD watch in the early to mid 70s for £12....a timex. Still have it somewhere, what a brilliant time keeper!

Social source share

17 hours ago, sheldonsoul said:

Out of around 14 watches not expensive  I decided to take the plunge and buy a nice bugger, but now I've got the bug and shopping around for another

IMG_0663.JPG

While I believe every one should pay retail on at least 1 watch from an official retailer ! I find iconic watches ( A grey dealership ) 1st class with big discounts ! 

Social source share

No discount at all when I bought my wifes Rolex (a few months ago) they offered me interest free for 30 months. Paid with debit card and they offered a free gift one either a Rolex purse , a watch winder and something else . Went for the Watch Winder.

When I bought my wife a birthday present last week ( instant 10% off as a valued customer without asking) , I was looking at the Rolex's and the sale assistant advised they are going up shortly due to the £/Euro.

So if your in the market for a new Rolex buy it now !!

Social source share

39 minutes ago, spook said:

No discount at all when I bought my wifes Rolex (a few months ago) they offered me interest free for 30 months. Paid with debit card and they offered a free gift one either a Rolex purse , a watch winder and something else . Went for the Watch Winder.

When I bought my wife a birthday present last week ( instant 10% off as a valued customer without asking) , I was looking at the Rolex's and the sale assistant advised they are going up shortly due to the £/Euro.

So if your in the market for a new Rolex buy it now !!

2 late they have gone up ! Would like A white faced watch if Santa watching , tried it 4 size A few times !

IMG_0311.JPG

Edited by hornet
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

1 hour ago, sheldonsoul said:

I actually tried both of these on but the price scared me a tad 7k for the gold tag and 6k  for the breitling chronograph which is preowned but only 10 k new :wink:

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0049.PNG

Ok if you want to look like a premier league footballer!

:P

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Lane said:

Ok if you want to look like a premier league footballer!

:P

I like probably most on here had nowt until the kids were grown up, but ow the pension pot came in I'm in the position where I can if I want. 10k for a watch or 10k for a record lol, I think if it was the right tune I know what I'd do  !!

Social source share

13 minutes ago, sheldonsoul said:

I like probably most on here had nowt until the kids were grown up, but ow the pension pot came in I'm in the position where I can if I want. 10k for a watch or 10k for a record lol, I think if it was the right tune I know what I'd do  !!

Watch every time !

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest MBarrett

I have no real interest in watches but spotted a documentary on BBC4 about Abraham Breguet and his iconic "Marie Antoinette" watch.

Seeing that the presenter was 92 year old Nicholas Parsons I thought it might be rubbish . . . . but on the contrary I found it fascinating and spellbinding.

If you have an hour to spare you might like to give it a try.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07xtbhr/the-incredible-story-of-marie-antoinettes-watch-with-nicholas-parsons

Edited by MBarrett
Social source share

Batteries (TAG)

The last battery in my TAG lasted about 5 years but my wife's seems to die every two .

We were sending them direct to Manchester (Official tag repairer) to save a bit on the price but it took about 4 weeks to turn them around !

We have now found our  local Tag / Rolex / Omega Jeweller (John Pass) in Newcastle under Lyme did a battery change and pressure test for £25 !

So if you live in the the area and need a new battery for your TAG take it there (I'm not oncommission)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

On 21/12/2016 at 15:37, spook said:

Batteries (TAG)

The last battery in my TAG lasted about 5 years but my wife's seems to die every two .

We were sending them direct to Manchester (Official tag repairer) to save a bit on the price but it took about 4 weeks to turn them around !

We have now found our  local Tag / Rolex / Omega Jeweller (John Pass) in Newcastle under Lyme did a battery change and pressure test for £25 !

So if you live in the the area and need a new battery for your TAG take it there (I'm not oncommission)

I got quoted £32 just for the battery for my old TAG Link. Found a corner shop and paid 75 pence and did it myself!

Social source share

Guys

If your into watches my daughter works for a jewellers and they have a large website.....https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/. Theres something on there for most budgets.

You can have a butchers on the site and then if you live near one of their stores (mainly around the east midlands) you can ask them to get it in store so you can have a look and then do some negotiation. If you order straight off the site you pay the price on there. They also provide a feebie with your purchase and do HP to spread payments.

Now...I'm just off to get my own xmas pressie and decide between a Maurice Lacroix or a Glycine. Decisions...decisions...:lol:

Andy

• Helpful 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Steve Lane said:

I got quoted £32 just for the battery for my old TAG Link. Found a corner shop and paid 75 pence and did it myself!

Got an 11 month old aquaracer in pristine condition with all paper work if any one wants A late Xmas present £650

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0327.JPG

Edited by hornet
Social source share

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I`m never without a watch on my wrist even in bed I have to know what time I wake up in the night and how long I spend in the "Awake Zone" (most of us have one) I`ve had a tritium watch just for this purpose but it`s no longer accurate so I bought this good lucking fella.

pollmann1.jpg

pollmann2jpg.jpg

Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!