Lenny Harkins

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

was there a few of these found? how much are they now

Seven copies in two hits apparently...certainly not enough to satisfy demand or to affect it's warranted safe four-figure valuation...imo.

This is one of the truely great Chicago Soul sounds...faultless...harmonies par excellence...brass section from Heaven etc etc...LOVE IT!

thumbup.gif

Social source share

Seven copies in two hits apparently...certainly not enough to satisfy demand or to affect it's warranted safe four-figure valuation...imo.

This is one of the truely great Chicago Soul sounds...faultless...harmonies par excellence...brass section from Heaven etc etc...LOVE IT!

:thumbsup:

totally agree with that,fantastic piece of soul music, one of the best in my opinion

Social source share

totally agree with that,fantastic piece of soul music, one of the best in my opinion

That one on ebay was only vg but still a bargain for someone. Very under rated in my humble opinion.....I've still got mine and haven't had any offers that were anywhere near it's value to me. So I'll hang on to it, or maybe put it on JM's auction.

Social source share

That one on ebay was only vg but still a bargain for someone. Very under rated in my humble opinion.....I've still got mine and haven't had any offers that were anywhere near it's value to me. So I'll hang on to it, or maybe put it on JM's auction.

Phil, you're saving it for me.... :thumbsup:

Its one of them records that turns me into a quivering mess whenever and wherever I hear it

truely stunning

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Still worth every penny of a 4 figure sum. It just builds and builds to a pinnacle wall of sound at the end.

Awesome, a great Northern Soul oldie :thumbsup:

Social source share

I had the first batch of 3 found about 18 months ago, cut Shifty in on the deal cause it was all going on while i was about to get married/go on honeymoon etc. There was another one that was badly warped, we tried to get it straightened but had no luck. I was offered the vg one a few weeks ago but suggested the guy put it on ebay. I`m not sure if there are any more found, I`ll ask the question and get back.

Never kept a copy for myself, strange cause i always loved the record. I was maybe planning to keep the warped one if it straightened out ok.....just my luck!

Chris

Social source share

Just heard back from my friend in the US...this is what he had to say...

"There were 5. The 3 we sold you. The one with the slight heat damaged edge. we sold on EBay a couple months ago - plus the damaged one. A guy bought the damaged one for a wall decoration several weeks ago. All came from a person who purchased the stock from a record store that was located along I94 in central Michigan. It closed in the early 80s. The records had been in storage for years and Joe bought them from the folks who had stored them"

Chris

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!