Info And Facts About These Records?

I'm trying to find some information about five records and was wondering if anyone might know of any facts or details about them, such as biographies of the artists, label/companies that the originals were produced with, stories related to them etc. I've been looking online, but so far haven't been able to find much apart from labels/dates! The records are:

You didn't say a word (Yvonne Baker)

Touch my heart (The Vonettes)

I'm on my way (Dean Parrish)

No part time love for me (Martha Starr)

Open the door to your heart (Darrell Banks)

Hope someone might be able to help. Many thanks!

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

No offence Matt but you couldn't really have picked easier artists to find facts out about; without looking anywhere I'd say most people on here could tell you a fact or two about any of them...Yvonne Baker was singer with The Sensations; Darrell Banks was shot dead by a policeman; Dean Parrish was white; Sandi Sheldon was the lead singer of the Vonettes who were meant to be called The Vanettes after Van McCoy...and so on...there has got to be rakes of stuff about these artists on the internet.

Social source share

Quite alright Pete ... none taken!! I'm not well up on my vinyl facts as you can tell! I do have some info on Dean Parrish, Yvonne Baker and Darrell Banks ...

Darrel Banks: yep, that he was shot in 1970 by an off-duty policeman.

Yvonne Baker: that she was with the Supremes until 1962. And is it right that this was planned to be used as a 007 theme, but never made it?

Dean Parrish: A Broolyn lad who produced only a small number of records ...

Any other info, (more obscureinfo) though would be great ...

Cheers, M

Social source share

Hi Alan

Good to hear from you ... and to see you at the weekend. Thanks for the link ... and yep, trying to write up some stuff at the moment! Catch up with you again soon.

Cheers

matt

Social source share

Yvonne Baker: that she was with the Supremes until 1962. And is it right that this was planned to be used as a 007 theme, but never made it?

link

That's got to be completely incorrect! Never a member of The Supremes and it was Lorraine Chandler who had the unused 007 theme.

Social source share

If I tried typing the Sensations that would have been much closer to the mark!!!!!!!!!!!

That's got to be completely incorrect!  Never a member of The Supremes and it was Lorraine Chandler who had the unused 007 theme.

link

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!