• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

=============

what does this go for now?

might be tempted to sell mine

link

Must be worth £25/30.00 of anyones money, trouble is this type of record is so right for now so supply may not meet demand, has so much play in it a fantastic record from 1971 aint it?????

Awesome record and not big money, should be pretty easy to locate via the major dealers.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Here's what the last one went for...

recent auction....

Must be worth £25/30.00 of anyones money, trouble is this type of record is so right for now so supply may not meet demand, has so much play in it a fantastic record from 1971 aint it?????

Awesome record and not big money, should be pretty easy to locate via the major dealers.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

Edited by recordwanted
Social source share

Got mine about three months ago for £50, there were three or four on eBay round about the same time.

link

i payed £66 english pounds for mine last month on ebay forgot what it was in dollars but its around the 120-130 mark? and i still dont think i payed over the odds for it :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest rachel

i payed £66 english pounds for mine last month on ebay forgot what it was in dollars but its around the 120-130 mark? and i still dont think i payed over the odds for it :rolleyes:

link

It is a great tune, and one that I always assumed would be more expensive! When I played it at the Heywood alldayer someone came up and wanted to buy it off me there and then biggrin.gif

Social source share

never seen an issue ady but always (on the odd occation that you do see them) seen demos :rolleyes:

give it a while rach and it will be fetching £100+ alot rarer than presumed i think what do you recon ady biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest cC B

never seen an issue ady but always (on the odd occation that you do see them) seen demos  :rolleyes:

Same here. Never seen a issue.

Cheers,

Christian B

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

It is a great tune, and one that I always assumed would be more expensive! When I played it at the Heywood alldayer someone came up and wanted to buy it off me there and then  :rolleyes:

link

sell me yours then, you tight git, £40 and its a deal

Social source share

never seen an issue ady but always (on the odd occation that you do see them) seen demos  :rolleyes:

give it a while rach and it will be fetching £100+ alot rarer than presumed i think what do you recon ady biggrin.gif

link

I'm thinking the same as you Baz, pretty hard on an issue, & it's only a matter of it getting a few spins at soul nights for the price to rocket. When you listen to the quality of it, it amazes me it's still so cheap. So get one quick Mr. Kempster!!

By the way, it's on The Dome free C.D. :lol:

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

I'm thinking the same as you Baz, pretty hard on an issue, & it's only a matter of it getting a few spins at soul nights for the price to rocket. When you listen to the quality of it, it amazes me it's still so cheap. So get one quick Mr. Kempster!!

By the way, it's on The Dome free C.D.  :rolleyes:

link

i'll just cut an acetate off that for 20 quid then biggrin.gif:lol:

Social source share

The same old story: great record gets played on the crossover scene by collectors and sits at the same price for years. Said record gets played on the Northern scene a few years later by a certain deejay and the price rockets, with everyone and his cat seemingly after it.

I can't blame them. In this instance a fantastic tune. The WDJ definitely seems far more plentiful than the issue copy.

Social source share

Guest OskarB

The same old story: great record gets played on the crossover scene by collectors and sits at the same price for years. Said record gets played on the Northern scene a few years later by a certain deejay and the price rockets, with everyone and his cat seemingly after it.

I can't blame them. In this instance a fantastic tune. The WDJ definitely seems far more plentiful than the issue copy.

link

Will someone please tell me what happened with this one and excactly when it happened. Have had three (2 promos 1 issue) copies the last two or three years, all bought at tops £15 and two of them (promos) sold at around the same price.

Great tune no matter what.

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

link

i didn't even know it was getting plays, just heard it on a cd my mate did and thought...wow, i want that

i should have kept my big gob shut, i might have picked it up for £25 now someones going to be looking for a tun :fool:

Social source share

Guest rachel

sell me yours then, you tight git, £40 and its a deal

link

:wicked: sorry!

I have to say that i`ve always liked the other side "Your love" as well.Not for the dancefloor but very nice.

Mark Houghton

link

Must agree with you there whistling.gif

I've heard Butch play this at the last three 100 Clubs.

link

Yep, he played it at the last Lifeline too :D

Social source share

Guest remus

Just curious, is this rarer on the issue or white demo? I've had 2 white demo's & 1 issue.

link

whistling.gif yeah, right oh Pottsy. Both worth the same. £50 TOPS.

Social source share

Guest remus

never seen an issue ady but always (on the odd occation that you do see them) seen demos  :D

give it a while rach and it will be fetching £100+ alot rarer than presumed i think what do you recon ady whistling.gif

link

I've only seen issues! :wicked:

Social source share

Guest remus

=============

what does this go for now?

might be tempted to sell mine

link

£50 seems to be general opion?, will be interested if selling. Please check with member who first posted want. If they have one or don't need now, let me know. Ta whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

link

here, here, the 'old story bit' whistling.gif

Social source share

Guest remus

i didn't even know it was getting plays, just heard it on a cd my mate did and thought...wow, i want that

i should have kept my big gob shut, i might have picked it up for £25 now someones going to be looking for a tun :fool:

link

don't pay a ton whistling.gif , they are there, believe me, wait for it, save youe self £50 or so.

Social source share

Guest remus

never seen an issue ady but always (on the odd occation that you do see them) seen demos  :D

give it a while rach and it will be fetching £100+ alot rarer than presumed i think what do you recon ady :D

link

whistling.gif:wicked::D:D £100 :D:D

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

£50 seems to be general opion?, will be interested if selling. Please check with member who first posted want. If they have one or don't need now, let me know. Ta rolleyes.gif

link

still not got one, but now the search is on............................

Social source share

still not got one, but now the search is on............................

link

just to rub it in mine came in the post today :lol: in a pizza box of all things no slices of pizza tho :)

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting this......mines an issue, sourced it from Mick Smith at a record fair in Manchester only a couple of years back and i think it was only £25.00, best we get this one played out there a little more, great record.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

A bargain Mark - I paid (I think) £50 for my WD and you're so right about getting it played - I've been caning it at gigs in recent months and always gets great reaction - so right for now.

Neil :(

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Source Advert