How Many Copies Known?

John Elias

DUNNO IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE BUT I THINK THIS COULD WELL BE OF INTEREST :thumbsup:

talkin' rarest of rare only here,say maybe under 50 perhaps known copies of the original of course,just name the record/title and the peeps in the know may help provide the details.approx value as well!

....I'll start with....

Terri Goodnight....they didn't know

Edited by dancingcollector
Social source share

• Replies 280
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

DUNNO IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE BUT I THINK THIS COULD WELL BE OF INTEREST :thumbsup:

talkin' rarest of rare only here,say maybe under 50 perhaps known copies of the original of course,just name the record/title and the peeps in the know may help provide the details.approx value as well!

....I'll start with....

only know 1 (must be another!) 9kish

sandy golden your everything masterpiece how many?

Edited by cloth ears
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Not Northern, but I've never met anyone who owns, or has had and sold, a copy of

Don Covay - You're Good For Me (Landa)

...in fact I doubted its existence until we licensed the track at Ace last year and the people at Jami Guyden kindly provided me with a scan of their library copy (a demo) to prove that at least one copy was pressed.

This is my 'holy grail' record, BTW. And it's a different version to the one on Don's first Atlantic LP.

So, unless anyone on her can say otherwise, "One Copy Known"...

Social source share

Not Northern, but I've never met anyone who owns, or has had and sold, a copy of

Don Covay - You're Good For Me (Landa)

...in fact I doubted its existence until we licensed the track at Ace last year and the people at Jami Guyden kindly provided me with a scan of their library copy (a demo) to prove that at least one copy was pressed.

This is my 'holy grail' record, BTW. And it's a different version to the one on Don's first Atlantic LP.

So, unless anyone on her can say otherwise, "One Copy Known"...

this has been on ebay several times. a well known northern dj won the last copy. it went cheap.

ok i'm just messing with you this time, i haven't ever seen this actually.

Social source share

DUNNO IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE BUT I THINK THIS COULD WELL BE OF INTEREST :thumbup:

....I'll start with....

i know of 2 Carl Willinghams and mine :thumbsup:

Kell Osborn- A law against the heartbreaker- Highland, mine went to Tim Brown and Butch has one

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

i know of 2 Carl Willinghams and mine :thumbsup:

Plus mine makes it three in total...Carl`s by the way used to be my first copy of this record which I bought off Gary Spencer around 1993. My actual copy (mint) was found in the basement of an LA second hand shop by the way :thumbup:

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

DUNNO IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE BEFORE BUT I THINK THIS COULD WELL BE OF INTEREST :rolleyes:

....I'll start with....

How about these.............

Billy Woods [sussex]...........

Del- Larks "JOB OPENING"........

Eddie Parker "IM GONE"........

Bobby Adams "Thats The Kinda Man I Am"......

Well,i know theres copies of all of em floating around but just how many...? I often wonder[Thats how sad i am :rolleyes: ]..........

Edited by Ivor Jones
Social source share

How about these.............

Billy Woods [sussex]...........

Del- Larks "JOB OPENING"........

Eddie Parker "IM GONE"........

Bobby Adams "Thats The Kinda Man I Am"......

Well,i know theres copies of all of em floating around but just how many...? I often wonder[Thats how sad i am :rolleyes: ]..........

Must be 6 or 7 Billy Woods (mine was one of the original 5 that John Anderson had, though it came to me from John Manship).

Del Larks - loads if you're talking about blue/silver copies.

Bobby Adams; Polk told me that there were only a handful, because the office burnt down the day they took delivery, the tapes had been returned to them with the vinyl by the pressing plant so they were also destroyed, and though the plant still had the stampers they couldn't afford to get more copies made. A handful had been taken home the label owner. Well thats what Polk told me anyway.

Eddie Parker - can't be many of that one.

Black issue of the Yum Yums - I would love to see scan of that!

good pun Ivor - not so many of those about!

Best,

RB

Edited by Rich B
Social source share

The Combinations - What Cha Gonna Do

Rare As Rockin' Horse Poo ! :rolleyes:

I always thought it was but I'm sure I have heard Butch, Andy Killick and Andy Dyson all play it at Burnley recently. Does Carl Fortnum have one too?

That would make at least three/maybe four copies. Still mighty rare without doubt. But how many copies are there out there?

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Must be 6 or 7 Billy Woods (mine was one of the original 5 that John Anderson had, though it came to me from John Manship).

Del Larks - loads if you're talking about blue/silver copies.

Bobby Adams; Polk told me that there were only a handful, because the office burnt down the day they took delivery, the tapes had been returned to them with the vinyl by the pressing plant so they were also destroyed, and though the plant still had the stampers they couldn't afford to get more copies made. A handful had been taken home the label owner. Well thats what Polk told me anyway.

Eddie Parker - can't be many of that one.

Black issue of the Yum Yums - I would love to see scan of that!

good pun Ivor - not so many of those about!

Best,

RB

Thanks Rich.........

Regarding Del-Larks.........How many is loads in your opinion ....? What im asking is it like 20 or 50 or 100 plus........Same with Eddie Parker ?

Ivor

Social source share

Thanks Rich.........

Regarding Del-Larks.........How many is loads in your opinion ....? What im asking is it like 20 or 50 or 100 plus........Same with Eddie Parker ?

Ivor

As for the Del Larks I would have to say more than 100 - but as most are tucked away in collections you don't get a real idea of the volume. There was talk (by people I trusted) of someone having a 25 box at the Mecca one Saturday.

I think Eddie Parker is harder, but, I reckon the Appreciations would be scarcer of the two...

What about real copies of the Salvadors? or Ernest Mosley?

Best,

RB

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

I always thought it was but I'm sure I have heard Butch, Andy Killick and Andy Dyson all play it at Burnley recently. Does Carl Fortnum have one too?

That would make at least three/maybe four copies. Still mighty rare without doubt. But how many copies are there out there?

I believe Carl owns Steve Kennedys old copy

Steve J

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

How about the two Counts tracks on "Yes" Stronger than ever about £300 Ask the lonely £250 but bloody hard to find also the Poets "wrapped around your finger" J-2 :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest SteveJohnston

dont think Steve Kennedy had a copy cause it was a one known copy when Steve was collecting

Ok Ted just going from what i've been told in the past mate :rolleyes:

Steve J

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

With regard to Billy Woods,i purchased mine from John Anderson at the same time as Richard Searling,John said that he found a 25 count box but took only what would fit on his finger,when he returned to purchase the rest they were gone.The exact number was certainly more than 5,perhaps nearer 10/12.At least 2 more have turned up recently.

Another track that came from JA is the Stanley Evans........Got a good thing going..Phil LA test,only known copy that Sam now has from Gary Spencer via Manny.

How many Little Tony and the Hawks on Shagg? 2 poss?????

Edited by smudgesmith
Social source share

With regard to Billy Woods,i purchased mine from John Anderson at the same time as Richard Searling,John said that he found a 25 count box but took only what would fit on his finger.The exact number was certainly more than 5,perhaps nearer 10/12.At least 2 more have turned up recently.

Another track that came from JA is the Stanley Evans........Got a good thing going..Phil LA test,only known copy that Sam now has from Gary Spencer via Manny.

How many Little Tony and the Hawks on Shagg? 2 poss?????

you sure its on Shagg thought it was Etah

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

On the R&B side of things

Clare Sisters - Cool Cool Cool

2 i know of, mine and Nashees?

Pete Griff

dewy black.....2 copies known of this awesome uptempo r&b pounder

Social source share

Her's a few more

Combinations-Kimtone maybe 4-5

Classics-Yan G maybe 3

Eddie Parker-I lost a true love-Mica(I think)?? Only one I know of is Andy Dyson's. Much better version than the Triple B one. I have an original studio disc of it.

i've seen at least 2 copies of the eddie parker on mica go through ebay both in high hundreds of $$. Didn't shify have some / a couple as well ?

Social source share

Interesting topic potentially..

in m experience a few proven near on impossibles

linda ballatine-bandit

joe walker -nifty

frankie lymon- big apple (certainly the tp group purists stateside will own it) but on the other label only had it the once and kept it)

jeff lane -d-zero

then you start going deeper and you start giving the game away...

things like dewey jeffries are hard but a lower level in quality and rarity (sold 3 of it a few years ago) the other thing b o'b.. on same label i reckonis harder and better yellow label rather than black,

sure i got the kimtone thing on 2 different label designs and had spares of both so again hard but note like the same league as earlier mentioned c.o.d's -she's fire.. or that defenders 45 that's about same tempo just a few years later when spun !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!