How Many Copies Known?

John Elias

Not read the full thread, but I think I saw only listed on Wand Records listing - The Just Brothers Carlenna, never ever seen one on any decks/listed 4 sale or know of anyone having it, unless Mick Smith can through any light on this ????????????????

Social source share

• Replies 280
  • Views 21.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

As for the Del Larks I would have to say more than 100...............

Best,

RB

More than a 100? what, 150, 200?

I would guess most oldies collectors have a copy at the back of their box.

Mostly seen black & silver ones over recent years, or is it the same copies changing hands ?

Social source share

No Ted, definately Eddie Hubbard on the Sat. or Sun? afternoon. Cause i went up and spoke to him about it.

Martyn

where's Eddie? I didn't know of another in the UK...well anywhere until the one appeared on e-bay couple of weeks ago.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Soul Brothers Inc - Teardrops - Salem

Carl Willingham

Me

...plus a very beaten, rough and cracked (?) copy once on an US list that a mate of mine saw but did not buy and has kept regretting it ever since.

I've got a mint one, got it off Steve Cooper from Bedford a few years ago, he had 2 mint copies. Think the other one went back to America.

Social source share

yeah, there's a second one, a great r&b dancer called "i say no, no more." not aware of any besides my copy, white promo.

anyone know the Grover Pruitt on Salem? never seen one for sale, but dont know if it's known or rare. I'd like one anyway...

and a George Jackson, Milton James.... sad.gif this is a bit depressing!

Social source share

Guest MonkeyMod

anyone know the Grover Pruitt on Salem? never seen one for sale, but dont know if it's known or rare. I'd like one anyway...

If you mean "Little Girl" - then yep, been a constant in my sets for about two years, and def one of my absolute all-time favourites. Brilliant.

Social source share

No Ted, definately Eddie Hubbard on the Sat. or Sun? afternoon. Cause i went up and spoke to him about it.

Martyn

sorry sharon drink taking its toll :thumbsup: , theres Butches and the one i had, now with tim brown and there is a carver that Carl f did and i supplied him with a label scan, Eddie hubbard playing a carver i dont think so it may have been the loma version same backing track diff lyrics

Edited by Tedsoul
Social source share

Guest MonkeyMod

Sold my copy to JM some years ago for around 100 UKP

Got mine from Manship for about that price probably two and a half years ago. Could well be the same one (or, of course, there's bundles of them about).

Social source share

Not read the full thread, but I think I saw only listed on Wand Records listing - The Just Brothers Carlenna, never ever seen one on any decks/listed 4 sale or know of anyone having it, unless Mick Smith can through any light on this ????????????????

Never came out as far as anyone knows.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

sorry sharon drink taking its toll :lol: , theres Butches and the one i had, now with tim brown and there is a carver that Carl f did and i supplied him with a label scan, Eddie hubbard playing a carver i dont think so it may have been the loma version same backing track diff lyrics

Come on Ted, i know the difference between what Eddie, and Mick Smith looks like. And also th edifference between the vocal versions. Been around long enough.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Never came out as far as anyone knows.

Never came out. I met Frank Bryant in '98 and asked him about it. Wand were interested, and asigned it and Honeybees no's. But the riots were going on, so it was several weeks before they could get the mastertapes out of the city. By this time he said Wand had lost interest, so they never came out.

Martyn

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

I played the Loma version at Cleethorpes , never had the Highland one [i wish !! ] .Best,Eddie

Must have been the beer. Not very often i make that mistake. Sorry Ted.

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Must be 6 or 7 Billy Woods (mine was one of the original 5 that John Anderson had, though it came to me from John Manship).

Del Larks - loads if you're talking about blue/silver copies.

Bobby Adams; Polk told me that there were only a handful, because the office burnt down the day they took delivery, the tapes had been returned to them with the vinyl by the pressing plant so they were also destroyed, and though the plant still had the stampers they couldn't afford to get more copies made. A handful had been taken home the label owner. Well thats what Polk told me anyway.

Eddie Parker - can't be many of that one.

Black issue of the Yum Yums - I would love to see scan of that!

good pun Ivor - not so many of those about!

Best,

RB

Rich, its Poke as in poke in the eye and not Polk as in Frank Polk :lol:

And yes that's what I always understood re the Bobby Adams.

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Terri G 3 at the moment :shades:

There's a Billy Woods in Oz not sure if you'd counted that. What about....

Little Willie Faulk - Look Into My Heart

Gene Toones blue issue

Gwen Owens white & green demo (also 1 of these in Oz)

Cheers.........Pete

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hello Dave,

Eddie P's on Miko I believe. I'm pretty sure that it's the exact same cut as the Tripple B version... though I'm prepared to be corrected! I know Butch sold a minter and a beat up one in the last year or three.

I have a Little Tony on Etah by the way folks - to add to the list.

They are the same apart from the Miko version doesn't have the geetar solo

Trotsky

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert