South Essex Soul Club, Capone's, Benfleet

Saxafone

We're back for our opening night of 2009 with guest DJ Moldie trekking round the M25 to join our residents Paul McKay, Jon Downs, Stubbsy and Ginger Dave to deliver 100% Quality Soul. If you have never visited us, come along and you'll be guaranteed a cracking night and a great big Essex welcome (even if you are from Kent, Bearsy :rolleyes: )

South Essex Soul Club

Capone's

Benfleet Rd

Benfleet

Essex

SS7 1QB

8PM TILL 2AM

£5 OTD

Have a butchers at our web site for more info, directions and stuff.

Taff

• Replies 48
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest GingerDave

2008 was a good year at Capone's and 2009 is going to be just as good ,good DJ on the line up ,looking forward to playing my new tunes ,meeting all me mates and having a good time if you not been get yourself down here for a good old Essex Welcome :P:D

Looking forward to this, got a couple of people coming from down from Hinckley to sample the high quality music on offer.

Seems ages since the last Capones looking forward to seeing everyone.

Rest assured we'll give the travellers from Hinkley a great big Essex welcome thumbup.gif With guest DJ Moldie joining our resident vinyl monkeys we can also guarantee them a night of top sounds that will send them home happy.

Taff

looking forward to this i havnt been out for a couple of weeks now, and it should be a great night as always, :unsure:

Go steady on the big boy's beer then Martin, you know what that does for ya :thumbup: You were up dancing to Rags to Riches last time :thumbup:

Jon Downs make sure it's in your box :shades:

Taff

Go steady on the big boy's beer then Martin, you know what that does for ya :D You were up dancing to Rags to Riches last time :D

I dont think ive ever drunk enough to make me dance to that rolleyes.gif

Received a message for Stubbsy g.gif last night, he's currently away getting himself psyched up for the 7th by wrestling alligators in Florida.

Looking forward to 7th If you speak to Stubbsy ask him to bring Peace in the Family by the Johnson Family you will hate it cos it's 1974, but I love it.

No probs passing on your request Nigel, I just ask that Stubbsy gives me the nod before he plays it so I can go for an extra long ciggie break :P

Taff

Edited by Saxafone
Guest soulmanherts

GUYS ILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK, GOT THE PINK ROOM BOOKED AT STUBBYS TOWERS. NOT BEEN FOR A LITTLE BIT BUT REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TOO SEEING EVERYONE, SURE I CAN BRING MY PINT COOLER WITH ME AGAIN... biggrin.gif

GUYS ILL BE THERE NEXT WEEK, GOT THE PINK ROOM BOOKED AT STUBBYS TOWERS. NOT BEEN FOR A LITTLE BIT BUT REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TOO SEEING EVERYONE, SURE I CAN BRING MY PINT COOLER WITH ME AGAIN... :wub:

Be good to see ya again Rob, don't think the toxic sock routine is really to be encouraged though :D

I think the bar staff at Capone's have seen most things, but were clearly taken aback :P:Pohmy.gif by the sight of a full pint of beer being "protected" by a certain gentleman pulling one very rancid sock over it :lol:

I must admit it worked though, nobody went near your pint - you'd probably win top prize if you send that tip off to Viz thumbup.gif

Taff

Edited by Saxafone

Received a message for Stubbsy :yes: last night, he's currently away getting himself psyched up for the 7th by wrestling alligators in Florida.

Looking forward to 7th If you speak to Stubbsy ask him to bring Peace in the Family by the Johnson Family you will hate it cos it's 1974, but I love it.

a right load of seventies old tosh ,wedding reception disco :thumbsup:

a right load of seventies old tosh ,wedding reception disco :D

Martin, you'll be joining me outside then when that hits the decks :g: Each to his own and one of the great things about our music policy at Capone's is that we leave it to the individual DJs.................and the paying public soon let them know if they get it wrong :) The empty dance floor is an immediate and cruel judge sad.gif

With Moldie doing the biz on Saturday, we'll have plenty of variety on offer and no doubt with Stubbsy on form I'll get plenty of opportunities for ciggie breaks :)

Taff

Martin, you'll be joining me outside then when that hits the decks :D Each to his own and one of the great things about our music policy at Capone's is that we leave it to the individual DJs.................and the paying public soon let them know if they get it wrong :) The empty dance floor is an immediate and cruel judge :)

With Moldie doing the biz on Saturday, we'll have plenty of variety on offer and no doubt with Stubbsy on form I'll get plenty of opportunities for ciggie breaks :g:

Taff

This is the last time I request a record, post release date 31/12/69 to keep you off the fags.

Received a message for Stubbsy :no: last night, he's currently away getting himself psyched up for the 7th by wrestling alligators in Florida.

No probs passing on your request Nigel, I just ask that Stubbsy gives me the nod before he plays it so I can go for an extra long ciggie break wink.gif

Taff

Nigel,

I'll make sure Johnson Family is in the box for you :D

Don't worry about Taffy's comments regarding 70's disco etc :lol:

Sometimes I think his taste in music is same as it is in football, i.e. blue & sh**e :yes:

Looking forward to seeong you all Saturday thumbup.gif

Go steady on the big boy's beer then Martin, you know what that does for ya :no: You were up dancing to Rags to Riches last time :D

Jon Downs make sure it's in your box :lol:

Taff

Taff - i'll play Rags to Riches if you promise to drag yourself away from the bar and get your arse on the dancefloor :yes:

Looking forward to Saturday now..only 5 more sleeps laugh.gif

JD

Taff - i'll play Rags to Riches if you promise to drag yourself away from the bar

JD

Jon, that's looking more and more unlikely as the texts come through from t'North. With Morecambe playing at Dagenham in the afternoon, some of the intrepid Lancashire crew are combining their footy trip with a visit to Essex' top Soul Night.

They usually travel to away games in the Eric Morecambe raincoat, flat cap and glasses get up, and do the "bring me sunshine" dance. How the hell will we be able to tell em apart from Stubbsy on the dancefloor :D

Taff

They usually travel to away games in the Eric Morecambe raincoat, flat cap and glasses get up, and do the "bring me sunshine" dance. How the hell will we be able to tell em apart from Stubbsy on the dancefloor :lol:

Taff

Easy - he'll be the guy dressed in a leotard wicked.gif , wrestling an alligator :D singing "love is a serious business" :yes:

Jon, that's looking more and more unlikely as the texts come through from t'North. With Morecambe playing at Dagenham in the afternoon, some of the intrepid Lancashire crew are combining their footy trip with a visit to Essex' top Soul Night.

They usually travel to away games in the Eric Morecambe raincoat, flat cap and glasses get up, and do the "bring me sunshine" dance. How the hell will we be able to tell em apart from Stubbsy on the dancefloor :D

Taff

At least you'll see me on the dance floor :g:

And another thing................get your diaries out before you come along on Saturday. Check out what you are doing on Easter Monday 13th April, then cancel it :yes:

We're gonna try and get a Capone's crew bus up to the fantastic Nottingham all dayer where Little Anthony and the Imperials and Ruby Andrews are booked to appear. :thumbup:

I need to know numbers this weekend so we can work out costs and stuff.

Taff

Guest aaaaa

Nigel,

I'll make sure Johnson Family is in the box for you :lol:

Don't worry about Taffy's comments regarding 70's disco etc :no:

Sometimes I think his taste in music is same as it is in football, i.e. blue & sh**e :)

Looking forward to seeong you all Saturday :wicked:

Your back then john,any new buys in the states or was you to busy poolside.

Guest soulmanherts

At least you'll see me on the dance floor :lol:

Welcome back John ...hope you had a great holiday mate. see you saturday with Carol and her 1st essex soul night all being well that emma does not have the baby.

Your back then john,any new buys in the states or was you to busy poolside.

Mainly busy poolside Martin biggrin.gif

Did have a look in a few thrift shops but absolute zilch - not even any LP's thmbdn.gif

Seems Florida a complete waste of time for records as it's already "been done"!

Welcome back John ...hope you had a great holiday mate. see you saturday with Carol and her 1st essex soul night all being well that emma does not have the baby.

Cheers Rob, yes we did thumbsup.gif

As it's Carol's first Essex soul night suppose that means I'll have to stick Supremes, or Clarence Carter, in the box :lol:

Some good news for you mate - You may even be back in the blue room :lol: Just waiting confirmation from Martin T & Audra whether they're coming down/staying over!

See you at the weekend :lol::lol:

Guest AudraT

Cheers Rob, yes we did thumbsup.gif

As it's Carol's first Essex soul night suppose that means I'll have to stick Supremes, or Clarence Carter, in the box :lol:

Some good news for you mate - You may even be back in the blue room :lol: Just waiting confirmation from Martin T & Audra whether they're coming down/staying over!

See you at the weekend :lol::lol:

Hi John

E-Mailed you earlier. Yes, we'll be down and we'll be staying over, assuming still OK with babysitter you've organised for us? Looking forward to it.

And another thing................get your diaries out before you come along on Saturday. Check out what you are doing on Easter Monday 13th April, then cancel it :D

We're gonna try and get a Capone's crew bus up to the fantastic Nottingham all dayer where Little Anthony and the Imperials and Ruby Andrews are booked to appear. :thumbsup:

Taff

HIya Taff........................... shame we cant come over to you but we have committed ourselves to a local venue..... else we would have bought the tickets with us.....

Full media coverage this weekend............... at the minute it is just on SS................. and LAI are going to announce it at their gig in Florida this weekend............

Thank you for your support.....................

Tracey n Andy

Palais Nottingham

Edited by Bettyboop

And another thing................get your diaries out before you come along on Saturday. Check out what you are doing on Easter Monday 13th April, then cancel it yes.gif

We're gonna try and get a Capone's crew bus up to the fantastic Nottingham all dayer where Little Anthony and the Imperials and Ruby Andrews are booked to appear. :lol:

Taff

Count me and Peta in for this, it would be brilliant having a bus load from Capones going up to Nottingham.

Guest aaaaa

And another thing................get your diaries out before you come along on Saturday. Check out what you are doing on Easter Monday 13th April, then cancel it :thumbup:

We're gonna try and get a Capone's crew bus up to the fantastic Nottingham all dayer where Little Anthony and the Imperials and Ruby Andrews are booked to appear. :thumbsup:

Taff

Iwould have loved to have gone to this but cant make it :lol: cos il be las vegas :wave: But it does look like being a fantastic night,

Count me and Peta in for this, it would be brilliant having a bus load from Capones going up to Nottingham.

a WARM NOTTINGHAM WELCOME AWAITS...............................

Tracey n Andy

And another thing................get your diaries out before you come along on Saturday. Check out what you are doing on Easter Monday 13th April, then cancel it :thumbup:

We're gonna try and get a Capone's crew bus up to the fantastic Nottingham all dayer where Little Anthony and the Imperials and Ruby Andrews are booked to appear. thumbup.gif

Taff

Let me know how many tickets you require okay..... :) ...so that can get sorted as soon as ....Delxxxxx

Cheers Rob, yes we did :rolleyes:

See you at the weekend :D:thumbup:

I'm coming for breakfast :lol::lol::lol:

And don't forget... I like Pol Roger with my bacon sarnie.... :lol:thumbup.gif:)

PMSL. I'd forgotten about John's expertise on the air guitar, we have photographic evidence of that as well ohmy.gif Now that is certainly not allowed on the dancefloor :)

Taff

Where is the photographic evidence :rolleyes::thumbup::lol:

Where is the photographic evidence :wave::lol::lol:

If I had half a clue how to work this bloody Cranberry Blackcurrant phone thing that I took them with, they'd have been posted on here long ago :lol:

I'm sure that John's clandestine membership of the Francis Rossi fan club will be kept well under wraps on Saturday and he'll be concentrating on pumping out his more familiar 100% quality soul sounds :lol:

Not so sure what he'll be playing on the car cd on the way home though :)

Taff

If I had half a clue how to work this bloody Cranberry Blackcurrant phone thing that I took them with, they'd have been posted on here long ago :lol:

I'm sure that John's clandestine membership of the Francis Rossi fan club will be kept well under wraps on Saturday and he'll be concentrating on pumping out his more familiar 100% quality soul sounds :wave:

Not so sure what he'll be playing on the car cd on the way home though :lol:

Taff

Bloody hell, what have I done to deserve this? Normally, you're dissing my tunes as disco crap :lol:

Edited by Stubbsy
Guest aaaaa

See ya Saturday guys.

Sure it's gonna be great. As usual !

I couldnt make orsett last week so ita be good to see you eddie, should have some flyers with your name on for you. biggrin.gif

Been promising myself for adges that I would get to this one, but with Valencia just around the corner, it's just not going to happen this time, which is a shame, as I have heard nothing but good things about this night and was looking forward to it.

Fliers went down really well last Saturday at our place, so you might get a few extra visitors from Walthamstow!

Have a good one guys.

Dave

Bloody hell, what have I done to deserve this? Normally, you're dissing my tunes as disco crap :thumbup:

You're right John, must have been a moment of madness on my part. No doubt normal service will be resumed for Saturday....................kin Disco crap :lamsey:

Taff

Who's Pol Roger? One of your French lovers or summat? :yes:

Summat?

Fabio is Italian and Molto Caldo wicked.gifwicked.gif .... Pol Roger is French always served Congelato!!! :):)biggrin.gif

Will try my best... But, at the mercy of my chauffeur.. not_i.gifnot_i.gif

denise xxx

Edited by Tig
Guest aaaaa

Been promising myself for adges that I would get to this one, but with Valencia just around the corner, it's just not going to happen this time, which is a shame, as I have heard nothing but good things about this night and was looking forward to it.

Fliers went down really well last Saturday at our place, so you might get a few extra visitors from Walthamstow!

Have a good one guys.

Dave

cheers mate :lol: see you later .

Gests have arrived for the weekend, can't wait for 1st Capones of 2009.

See you all later.

Same here Nige, guests from Morecambe have landed, now off to meet the rest at the Dagenham v Morecambe game. A fiesta of footy followed by a storming soul session at Capones - well I can guarantee the second bit, not so sure bout the first :thumbup:

Taff