Flight "playing Your Games"

Guest jmperlmu

Guest jmperlmu

Has anyone ever seen Flight "Playing Your Games" on Rocmar as opposed to SGA? I've picked up a copy on the latter imprint (see attachment below) and can't find any documentation. Thanks.

post-1886-1235395678_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've never seen that one before. :unsure:

Seems like the SGA issue is the second release as it credits (P) 1981 Rocmar Records, and has got different distribution info.

post-1392-1235396954_thumb.jpg

Also it`s tucked away on the B side,so not the A side release as on the "SGA" copys,

whats the A side on the "Rocmar" copy.

Dave f........................

Social source share

Nice one Simon.......as I keep saying no one knows it all. Same number release too, maybe just different towns (Savannah, Decatur)????

Who knows.....no one it seems :unsure:

Steve theres also three diffrent lables for one of your old coverups :unsure: cant remember the record now .. but one of the lables is A&T ?

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

• 4 years later...
NCFC, on 07 Feb 2014 - 5:20 PM, said:NCFC, on 07 Feb 2014 - 5:20 PM, said:

Has to be one of the worst records played on the modern scene.

wiganer1, on 07 Feb 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:wiganer1, on 07 Feb 2014 - 5:28 PM, said:

flloorpacker in the 80s so still love it

I love it too. It's a great record for the dance floor.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

if it's produced by brick, that makes it much less likely that the band is brick

I would agree, It is the only connection I can see and one of the writing credits having the same surname of Jimmy Lord Brown.  I've never seen anything to suggest Flight were Brick or anything else.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

When I stated there was input from Brick on these Flight tracks, I wasn't trying to say that Flight were Brick, just that the guys from Brick were involved with the recordings.

As Chalky pointed out , there's a guy with the surname of Brown who helped write their song. I always assumed this guy was related to Jimmy Lord Brown and that he (& the other co-writers of the song) were the members of the group.

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!