Jo Armstead - Joshie Unreleased

Dunno about you good people, but I am a HUGE fan of the awesome all round talents of Ms Jo Armstead. One of my all time favourite songwriters, and a fabulous singer too.

I was lucky enough to be sent a signed copy of previously unreleased tracks. I have promised that I won't copy these, but I've attached a short truncated sound clip so you can hear a hint of her dulcet tones :D

"He Moved Me" is one of the most mindblowing crossover tracks I've ever encountered, a similar vibe to Sandra Wright/Alice Clark....its going to be massive at the Orwell/Fleetwood tent etc or I'll eat my hat :D Any of you lofty record exec types out there (Ady, Gary, Kev, whoever - this is CRYING out to be a single)

Stephen Bounden from Soulmotion has recently interviewed Joshie Jo for N.Soul and some info about these tracks can be found on his website, they also have some limited numbers of signed copies for sale (assume this is OK Mike - not a blatant sales plug - just a shameless SOUL plug :wicked: )

https://www.soulmotion.co.uk/Jo%20Armstead.htm

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest remus

Dunno about you good people, but I am a HUGE fan of the awesome all round talents of Ms Jo Armstead. One of my all time favourite songwriters, and a fabulous singer too.

I was lucky enough to be sent a signed copy of previously unreleased tracks. I have promised that I won't copy these, but I've attached a short truncated sound clip so you can hear a hint of her dulcet tones  :D

"He Moved Me" is one of the most mindblowing crossover tracks I've ever encountered, a similar vibe to Sandra Wright/Alice Clark....its going to be massive at the Orwell/Fleetwood tent etc or I'll eat my hat  :D Any of you lofty record exec types out there (Ady, Gary, Kev, whoever - this is CRYING out to be a single)

Stephen Bounden from Soulmotion has recently interviewed Joshie Jo for N.Soul and some info about these tracks can be found on his website, they also have some limited numbers of signed copies for sale (assume this is OK Mike - not a blatant sales plug - just a shameless SOUL plug  :wicked: )

link

I'm a huge Joshie fan, thanks for the clip :D

Social source share

Ali have you got (know ?) the 45 she did on Preacher Rose..Got My Taste Of The Honey, another banging outing by Joshie Armstead.

Social source share

I was lucky enough to be sent a signed copy of previously unreleased tracks. I have promised that I won't copy these, but I've attached a short truncated sound clip so you can hear a hint of her dulcet tones  :D

"He Moved Me" is one of the most mindblowing crossover tracks I've ever encountered, a similar vibe to Sandra Wright/Alice Clark....its going to be massive at the Orwell/Fleetwood tent etc or I'll eat my hat  :D Any of you lofty record exec types out there (Ady, Gary, Kev, whoever - this is CRYING out to be a single)

Stephen Bounden from Soulmotion has recently interviewed Joshie Jo for N.Soul and some info about these tracks can be found on his website, they also have some limited numbers of signed copies for sale (assume this is OK Mike - not a blatant sales plug - just a shameless SOUL plug  :wicked: )

link

One of my fave ladies of soul Alison, not just her own stuff but others written by her especially for Garland Green is what spine tingling soul is all about, well done for bringing the cd to our attention :D

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Ali have you got (know ?) the 45 she did on Preacher Rose..Got My Taste Of The Honey, another banging outing by Joshie Armstead.

link

Yes a great record Brett and a credit to Rod Dearlove for putting it out :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Nice tune.Love "I Got The Vibes" on Gospel Truth.

link

Dave this is actually from some Gospel Truth Master Tapes from 1974 so i've been told today :lol:wink.gifblush.gif so not too far removed from IGTV sessions :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Excellent to see more unissued material surfacing. Well done Trouts!  :rolleyes:

link

Hey credit where it's due (not here btw) Stephen Bounden is the guy helping Jo out by putting it up on his site blush.gif The CD is a good solid CD with a few play outable cuts but quite apart from that it is great at home listen.

Recommended purchase indeed and essential for the "He Moved Me" track alone

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!