Any Info On Old 78s - I Mean Really Old

Guest welshruss

Guest welshruss

Morning all,

Was given some 78s yesterday.Not rock & roll or owt like that but the likes of Bing Crosby,Joe Loss Orch et al.There must be in the region of 100 to 125 ish........

Given there year,they are in extremely good cond,and all in orig bags too.On labels like Columbia,Brunswick etc.

What i want to know is this - where can i sell these (web sites,dealers etc NOT EBAY) coz any money i can get for them i am going to donate to the Hospice of the Good Sheperd in Backford,Chester.To run alongside our up coming night in september (see events).

Thanks in anticipation.......I know some one on here is bound to know a thing or two....

Cheers......................Russ

PS Dread to think what postage will be.....i carried a box with 45 in and believe me.....they are heavy.

Edited by welshruss
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Morning all,

Was given some 78s yesterday.Not rock & roll or owt like that but the likes of Bing Crosby,Joe Loss Orch et al.There must be in the region of 100 to 125 ish........

Given there year,they are in extremely good cond,and all in orig bags too.On labels like Columbia,Brunswick etc.

What i want to know is this - where can i sell these (web sites,dealers etc NOT EBAY) coz any money i can get for them i am going to donate to the Hospice of the Good Sheperd in Backford,Chester.To run alongside our up coming night in september (see events).

Thanks in anticipation.......I know some one on here is bound to know a thing or two....

PS Dread to think what postage will be.....i carried a box with 45 in and believe me.....they are heavy.

Hi Russ,

I was in a similar position a few years ago i was given around 50 '78 demos unfortunatly I found they werent worth much at all.

Roddy

Social source share

Guest welshruss

Roddy,

That seems to be the case.I,ve done a little bit of research,just wanted to kick start the fundraising for a very good cause.

I,ll keep at it tho,you never know.

Russ

Social source share

Morning all,

there obviously are very valuable old 78s, but the big band type stuff generally isn't, it would have to be blues or hillbilly music, etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert