Mark Res New List Benny Troy/natural Four/wales Wallace

Hi again everybody

Usual drill - PM me or email me directly on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk if interested in anything here - any questions/queries welcome too. Postage is extra - I'm happy to ship anywhere globally - Cash/Chq/Paypal/IMO/Bank Transfer all accepted. Everything strictly graded - M- means very likely unplayed. If there's something else listed here that you need to get a soundfile for (b side, other EP track etc) just get in touch and I'll sort it for you - ok? Just under 60 items in total - mixture of 60s / 70s and 80s soul !!All soundclips taken from advertised records!!

***EVERY ITEM HAS A SOUNDCLIP - DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE ENTRY - SO DOWNLOAD AWAY***

7" Singles (45 and 33 rpm) 42 items:

ANN SEXTON (77) (M-) *£5*

"YOU'RE LOSING ME" / "YOU'RE GONNA MISS ME" (1972 - USA)

( Just a classic...excellent double-sider..... )

ann_sexton_youre_losing_me.mp3

RON KEITH & the LADYS (A&M) (M-) *£25*

"CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT YOU (STICKS AND STONES)" (1975 - USA)

( Stone mint M/S copy of this lovely and highly infectious 70s, midpaced soul dancer - stunning record.... )

ron_keith_and_ladys_cant_live_without_you.mp3

The ICEMEN (ABC) (M-) *£25*

"LOOGABOO (THE CHOICE IS YOURS)" / "HOW CAN I GET OVER A FOX LIKE YOU" (1960s - USA)

( Cracking Club cut on topside - in a kinda Latin-ized/Boogaloo stylee and a great Deep Soul churchie number on the flip...deffo not an easy one to find... )

the_icemen_loogaboo.mp3

ROOSEVELT GRIER (Amy) (Ex+) *£4*

"PEOPLE MAKE THE WORLD" / "HARD TO FORGET" (1960s - USA)

( Nice Deep on topside and an Organ-led track on the flip - unusual 45...few crackles here and there...nuttin bad...from the 'In My Tenement' , 'Pizza Pie Man' fella... )

roosevelt_grier_people_make_the_world.mp3

LARRY & the MIGHTY STORMS (Atco) (M-) *£15*

"ELDORADO SUZIE" / "TOGETHERNESS" (1970s - USA)

( Another good double-sider - topside is great NS and a good Deep flip - just the way we like em - again - in 'the book' at £40 - but not here......... )

larry___the_mighty_storms_eldorado_suzie.mp3

TONY AVON & the BELAIRS (Atlantic) (M-) *£20*

"CATCH A FOX" / "STONE SOUL CANDIDATE" (1969 - USA)

( Beautiful WD copy of this ace Deep Funk double-sider...not as indemand as their 'Sexy Coffee Pot' track but almost as good in my humble opinion...uptempo Funk...my first copy in years and years...and years... )

tony_avon_catch_a_fox.mp3

BIG BOE & the NIGHTHAWKS (feat. JAMES ROBINSON) (Big Boe) (M-) *£90*

"MY THING" / "DO THE BEST I CAN" (1970s - USA)

( Super ruff and tuff sax-driven Funk inst on topside and heartbreaking Deep Soul on flip - the Dancefloor meets in the Church - amen! )

big_bo_and_the_night_hawks_my_thing.mp3

NATURAL FOUR (Boola-Boola) (Ex) *£300*

"HANGIN ON TO A LIE" / "TWELVE MONTHS OF THE YEAR" (1960s - USA)

( Rare, rare, rare...West Coast NS at it's VERY finest - sounding absolutely wonderful all over again - very, very clean copy here - light surface marks on the vinyl - barely noticeable and very, very slight ringwear to topside label - again - miniscule....rarest record on the whole list - certified...! )

the_natural_four_hanging_on_to_a_lie.mp3

SHIRLEY VAUGHAN (Columbia) (M-) *£15*

"ESCAPE" (1960s - USA)

( Superb Sister Funk cut - whattavoice...99% unplayed WDJ promo copy here too.......or is it Northern? Decide for yerself... )

shirley_vaughan_escape.mp3

BILLY CLARK & the MASKMEN (Columbia) (VG+/VG+) *£12*

"SOUL PARTY Pts 1 & 2" (1960s - USA)

( Great, rasping 60s Funky Soul double-sider from the guy who went on to do the Maskmen and Agents LP - sax-led dancefloor winner...light crackle here and there - nuttin too bad...excellent 6Ts pic bag too - lovely collectors piece... )

billy_clark_soul_party_long_clip.mp3

WALES WALLACE (Dakar) (M-) *£90*

"A LOVE LIKE MINE (AIN'T THE FINDING KIND)" / "FOREVER AND A DAY" (1970s - USA)

( Currently massively indemand Xover track - both sides are wonderful and here we have what looks like an unplayed copy... )

wales_wallace_forever_and_a_day.mp3

BENNY TROY (De-Lite) (M-) *£75*

"I WANNA GIVE YOU TOMORROW" (1975 - USA)

( Stone Mint copy of this all-time classic NS anthem - an amazingly good record... )

benny_troy_i_wanna_give_you_tomorrow.mp3

RENA SCOTT (Epic) (M-) *£10*

"LA-TE-DA (THIS GIRL'S IN LOVE)" (1973 - USA)

( S/S promo copy of this nice little 70s Soul dancer / floater - I'd guess that this has NEVER been played.... )

rena_scott_la_te_da.mp3

The CHECKMATES, LTD (Fantasy) (M-) *£8*

"TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED" (1977 - USA)

( Yet another unplayed record from Mark Res! S/S promo copy of this cracking 70s dancer - very, very fair price here..... )

the_checkmates_ltd_take_all_the_time_you_need.mp3

ROY C (Island/red-white) (VG+) *£5*

"SHOTGUN WEDDING" / "HIGH SCHOOL DROPOUT" (1966 - UK)

( Beautiful original UK issue copy on a lovely Island issue of this early Northern Soul / Mod fave...tune!! Right back to the Twisted Wheel days....... )

roy_c_shotgun_wedding.mp3

JG LEWIS (IX Chains) (M-) *£5*

"WHAT AM I GONNA DO" / "INST" (1976 - USA)

( Floaty little NS track from JG - superb label really, this - very few bad releases, really... )

jg_lewis_what_am_i_gonna_do.mp3

HANK SAMPLE (Jay-Walking) (M-) *£12*

"SO IN LOVE WITH YOU" / "YOU'RE BEING UNFAIR TO ME" (1960s - USA)

( Goodly double-sider - topside lovely midtempo NS and a cracking Deep Soul cut on the flip - unplayed WDJ copy here too...... )

hank_sample_so_in_love_with_you.mp3

GLORIA EDWARDS (King) (M-) *£10*

"(NEED NOBODY TO HELP ME) KEEP UP WITH MY MAN" / "ANYTHING YOU WANT" (1972 - USA)

( Cracking Xover cut - on a spanking WD copy too - lovely... )

gloria_edwards_anything_you_want.mp3

JOHNNY MOORE (Larry-O) (M-) *£15*

"WHAT MORE CAN I DO" / "LET'S GET IT TOGETHER" (1960s - USA)

( Lovely double-sider - cracking Northern Soul..... )

johnny_moore_what_more_can_i_do.mp3

GENE McDANIELS (London) (VG) *£3*

"TOWER OF STRENGTH" (1960s - UK)

( Please DON'T buy this if you are a condition hound - it looks awful but plays all thru with no pops / skips / jumps - nice on UK...but looks ruff...... )

TYRONE ST GERMAN (Morning Dove) (M-) *£10*

"IN A WORLD SO COLD" (1977 - USA)

( Unplayed copy of a lovely 70s Northern that I've never had before - great vox and wonderful femme backing - recommended!! )

tyrone_st_germann_in_a_world_so_cold.mp3

SHELDON GOOCH (Patmos) (Ex+) *£30*

"NEW MAN" (1980s - USA)

( Rare Modern Soul 45...!! Nobody seems to know this at all? Personally, I've never seen this one for sale before? I remember it as a

Soul Sam / Arthur Fenn / Robin Salter spin @ Rock City waaay back in the sands of time - check the clip - great track..excellent Modern dancer...same-sided promo copy here....... )

sheldon_gooch_new_man_longer_clip.mp3

JO ARMSTEAD (Preacher Rose) (M-) *£6*

"GOT MY TASTE (OF THE HONEY)" (1980s - USA)

( Lovely midtempo soul outta Chicago... )

jo_armstead_got_my_taste.mp3

THE FOUR TEMPOS (Rampart) (M-) *£5*

"COME ON HOME" (1960s - USA)

( Uptempo Northern - James Carmichael production........... )

the_four_tempos_come_on_home.mp3

YUSEF LATEEF (Riverside) (Ex+) *£25*

"JUNGLE FANTASY" (1960s - USA)

( Original version of this flute-heavy cut from Master Lateef - as later also done to great effect by Sam Most on Bell - I believe Yusef's version here is better - 'different' and much more 'jazzy' - beautiful (and scarce!) Riverside WD promo copy too...so hard to find these

Riverside Jazz 45s... )

yusef_lateef_jungle_fantasy.mp3

FRANK MILLER (Sandiego EP) (Ex+/M-) *£45*

"BLUES EN SOUL" / "MEMPHIS TRAIN + 2" (1974 - Spain)

( Heavy rare!! Spanish-only, private-pressed Funk EP which is certified IMPOSSIBLE to find in Spain in this condition - My first-ever copy - and probably my last too.... )

frank_miller_blues_and_soul.mp3

SOOP & Co. (Soops) (M-) *£20*

"JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE A LOVER" / "TAKE ME TO THE MOUNTAIN TOP" (1970s - USA)

( Marvellous 70's Soul double-sider - tremendous dancer on topside and lovely midpacer on flip - my first-ever copy...seen @ £50

many times... )

soop___co_just_because_youre_a_lover.mp3

VIOLA WILLS (Supreme) (M-) *£30*

"SWEETBACK" / "I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU" (1970s - USA)

( Superb Sister Funk in perennial demand - so good!! Superb Northern flip too....... )

viola_wills_sweetback.mp3

KRYSTAL GENERATION (T-Box) (M-) *£15*

"I'VE GOT TO LEAVE HIM" / "GOOD MAN" (1970s - USA)

( New one on me? 2 great sides from his much-underrated group who also gave us 'Wanted Dead Or Alive' etc etc - one beautiful Xover

side and the other solid Funk - books @ £40...nice........ )

krystal_generation_ive_got_to_leave_him.mp3

ROSCOE SHELTON (T-Jaye) (M-) *£5*

"YOU'RE STILL THE ONE" (1970s - USA)

( Lovely Modern dancer...makes £15 / £20 elsewhere... )

roscoe_shelton_youre_still_the_one.mp3

THE MANDELLS (Trans World) (Ex+) *£10*

"HOW TO LOVE A WOMAN" (1970s - USA)

( Lovely condition on this Xover grower - lovely record... )

the_mandells_i_cant_get_enough.mp3

CITY LIMITS (TSOP) (M-) *£10*

"LOVE IS EVERYWHERE" / "UNCLE JAMES" (1975 - USA)

( Unplayed copy of this superb Philly midpacer - still in good demand... )

city_limits_love_is_everywhere.mp3

RICHARD MARKS (Tuska) (M-) *£30*

"FUNKY FOUR CORNERS" / "INST" (1970s - USA)

( People try telling me this is *common*..well - believe me, it ain't - no record on this obscure Atlanta, GA label is easy to find and this one's no different - sure - it ain't as rare / indemand as 'I'm The Man For You' etc etc but still a tough nut to crack - stone mint copy

here... )

richard_marks_funky_four_corners.mp3

JEROME RICHARDSON (Verve) (Ex+) *£4*

"GROOVE MERCHANT" (1960s - USA)

( Lovely yellow demo copy of this excellent Jazz groove - nice on 45 - great artist........few light crackles... )

jerome_richardson_groove_merchant.mp3

JACKIE HARRIS & The EXCITERS (Westbound) (M-) *£45*

"DO IT, DO IT" / "GET FUNKY SWEET A LITTLE BIT" (1960s - USA)

( Another rare / indemand Funk 45 from Jackie and co - very, very tuff to find - only my second-ever copy - ruffhouse Funk on this

great old label... )

jackie_harris_do_it_to_it.mp3

12" Singles (33 and 45 rpm) 6 items:

BOBBY MANN (Dreamy Sound) (M-) *£20*

"THAT'S KINKY" / "INST" / "SUNSHINE LADY" (1985 - USA)

( Definitely this guy's rarest 12" - uptempo Boogie cut with great FX and cool harmonies - nice mixable inst on flip and also a bonus ballad / midpacer - looks unplayed to me... )

bobby_mann_thats_kinky.mp3

BYRON (Golden Sound) (Ex+/M-) *£35*

"TOO MUCH" / "INSTRUMENTAL" (1985 - Italy)

( Rare 12"!!! Italian-only and released on this obscure label out of Rome. Italo Boogie / Soul par-excellence!, I believe this is a completely classy tune. This copy came from unplayed dead stock...and the instrumental is superb also )

byron_too_much.mp3

BLOODSTONE (Motown) (Ex+) *£25*

"JUST WANNA GET THE FEEL OF IT" / "INST" (1978 - USA)

( Really, really superb Modern dancer - my first-ever copy - fantastic dancer........currently very indemand and SO much better on

loud cut 12" than on 7" - sevens are selling for upwards of £60 on the bay at the moment too... )

bloodstone_just_wannna_get_the_feel_of_it.mp3

ONSTAGE (Omnibus) (M-/M-) *£10*

"ALIBI" / "COME ON THRU" (1985 - USA)

( Cracking Modern mid-paced dancer and another one I remember buying as a new release from Voices about 24 years ago - I'm getting old.... )

onstage_alibi.mp3

MILTON SMITH & STIMULUS (Roulette) (M-) *£4*

"YOU BLOW MY MIND" / "DUB" (1980s - USA)

( Nuther nice midtempo Soul / Boogie cut from this lot - never had / seen a twelve of this before...? )

stimulus_you_blew_my_mind.mp3

LPs 8 items:

THE MAJESTICS (Arc) (M-/M-) *£60*

"HERE COMES THE JUDGE" (1960s - Canada)

( Lovely to have this in again - rare LP!! So many tracks - 'Tighten Up' , 'The Horse' , 'Do Your Thing' , 'Here Come Da Judge' , 'Mr Pitiful' and loads more other kicking instrumentals - must be 5 years since I had a copy - and this one grades VERY CLOSE to perfect...Canadian original... )

the_majestics_mr_pitiful.mp3

THE IMPRESSIONS (Curtom) (Ex/M-) *£5*

"PREACHER MAN" (1973 - USA)

( Light ringwear to sleeve - wax grades almost unplayed - more magic from Curtis Mayfield on 'What It Is' , 'Thin Line' , 'Color Us All Grey (I'm Lost)' etc etc - fairly priced at a tenner... )

the_impressions_what_it_is.mp3

MYSTIQUE (Curtom) (Ex+/VG+) *£10*

"MYSTIQUE Feat. RALPH JOHNSON" (1977 - USA)

( One of Curtis's 'pet' projects, I beleve? Protegees of the great man himself and he wrote / produced most the tracks here - and it shows - solid LP packed with dancers / midpacers and the big 'Pirate Radio' fave 'Fill You Up' - clipped below - so, so good and total Soul - thank you Curtis Mayfield....priced down from £25 cos the sleeve is slightly grubby and the wax also has a few crackles...'If You're In Need' also saw NS action - classy dancer... )

mystique_fill_you_up.mp3

VARIOUS ARTISTS (Discophon) (Ex+/M-) *£80*

"FUNKY! HEAVY! SOULFUL!" (1972 - Spain)

( WOW-----what an LP!! Never, ever have I laid on this before and my Spanish friends tell me they've never seen it themselves before either - crazy rare...! It's basically a comp of some of the best stuff from labels like Saadia, Top and Bottom, Shadow, Silver Dollar etc - only 12 cuts so still all nice and loud - all seem to be licenced in from the Jamie group of labels in Philly - simply has to be mega-rare - very, very heavy / loud pressing too - artists include Thunder & Lightning 'Super Funky Pts 1 & 2', Benny Gordon 'Give A Damn', Oscar Weathers 'When You Steal' , Nu-Sound Express LTD etc etc - my first and probably last-ever copy...absolutely beautiful condition too.. )

MIGHTY JOE HICKS (Enterprise) (S/S) *£8*

"MIGHTY JOE HICKS" (1973 - USA)

( Nice to find a sealed copy of this 'Nobody Knows You When You're Down & Out' , 'Rock Me Baby' etc etc - a(nother) inspired Isaac

Hayes signing...sorry - can't post a clip cos this is sealed... )

EDDIE ROBINSON (Myrrh) (Ex+/M-) *£10*

"REFLECTION OF THE MAN INSIDE" (1974 - USA)

( Lovely, lovely Gospel/Soul set outta Waco TX on this well-collectable label - really nice feel to the production here (c/o Paul Riser) and some great dancers / midpacers / ballads on here - not one I come across too often actually - all Gospel/Soul stuff seems to be

highly-collectable thesedays... )

eddie_robinson_god_is_on_my_side.mp3

THE J.O.B. ORCHESTRA (Sudarshan) (M-/M-) *£10*

"OPEN THE DOOR TO YOUR HEART" (1978 - USA)

( Nice Hare-Krishna soul vibes on the lovely 'Don't Want That Illusion' track - still sounding fine... )

job_orchestra_dont_want_that_illusion.mp3

SINS OF SATAN (UA) (Ex+/M-) *£10*

"FUTURE STAR" (1978 - USA)

( Dunno how to bracket this mob at all - is it Soul? Funk? P-Funk - who cares...they've done some blinding stuff for us and the

'Mobile' track on here will ALWAYS stay close to my heart - off-the-wall, banging boogie with a big dollop of love from the Clinton Mothership - oh boy - I'd love to have this on 12" - only ever seen it on this LP - dedicated to my good friend Martin D - we both share a BIG LOVE of this cut...right, M? )

sins_of_satan_mobile.mp3

***End-of-List-ta-MRez***

jackie_ivory_hi_heel_sneakers.mp3

jackie_harris_work_your_flapper.mp3

clarence_carter_messin_with_my_mind.mp3

frankie_vance_you_are_my_solution.mp3

the_moment_of_truth_your_love.mp3

will_hatcher_you_havent_seen_nothing_yet.mp3

love_committee_law_and_order.mp3

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF