Banbury Soul Club 4th April With Neil Self And Mark Randle

Banbury Soul Club's second event at the LE ROYALE club in Butchers Row ,Banbury ,Oxon OX16 5JH , takes place on 4th April 2009 8pm 2am .£5 on the door .Special guests for this event are Neil Self ,formerly of Banbury , who now runs the highly successful Soul Fusion event in Glos .He will be DJing in both The Northern Room , and our brand new Modern Soul room , along with Mark Randle from the superb Soul Purpose Soul night in Hinckley , and Mick Gudge from the also wonderful Chi - Soul event in Chichester .Eddie Hubbard will be warming the crowd up early doors .The music policy in the new Modern Room will be in an Upfront style , featuring brand new releases from the full spectrum of new Soul ,with a nod to the 80's , 90's , and beyond ........The Northern room will feature the 60's , forgotten oldies and 70's / crossover etc sides . Apart from Neil Self , the DJ's will be residents Tom Howard ,Eddie Hubbard, Charlie Mc , and Steve Milson .We have thought long and hard about the future of the club , following the sad loss of fellow DJ and freind Dave Bailey last week .However , after talking to his family we have decided to carry on as Dave would be bloody annoyed if we gave in now .Dave will be watching over us we're sure .Contact numbers for this event are : Charlie 01295 255901 , Eddie : 01295 261796 , Steve :01295 271604 and Tom 01295 270809 .This event is situated right in the centre of Banbury , just off the High St and Market Place , there is plenty of parking in the Market Place and Calthorpe St .Record dealers are welcome as we have a separate room with piped music , also there is a chill out room downstairs just off the modern room which can house record dealers as well . See you at the go go , Eddie Hubbard [ for Banbury Soul Club ]

www.myspace.com/banburysoulclub

post-1804-1236499496_thumb.png

• Replies 69
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Matt Male

Last one was great and looking forward to the next one thumbsup.gif

Give your support to one of the few truly across the board nights in the midlands.

Guest oxo1961

Banbury Soul Club's second event at the LE ROYALE club in Butchers Row ,Banbury ,Oxon OX16 5JH , takes place on 4th April 2009 8pm 2am .£5 on the door .Special guests for this event are Neil Self ,formerly of Banbury , who now runs the highly successful Soul Fusion event in Glos .He will be DJing in both The Northern Room , and our brand new Modern Soul room , along with Mark Randle from the superb Soul Purpose Soul night in Hinckley , and Mick Gudge from the also wonderful Chi - Soul event in Chichester .Eddie Hubbard will be warming the crowd up early doors .The music policy in the new Modern Room will be in an Upfront style , featuring brand new releases from the full spectrum of new Soul ,with a nod to the 80's , 90's , and beyond ........The Northern room will feature the 60's , forgotten oldies and 70's / crossover etc sides . Apart from Neil Self , the DJ's will be residents Tom Howard ,Eddie Hubbard, Charlie Mc , and Steve Milson .We have thought long and hard about the future of the club , following the sad loss of fellow DJ and freind Dave Bailey last week .However , after talking to his family we have decided to carry on as Dave would be bloody annoyed if we gave in now .Dave will be watching over us we're sure .Contact numbers for this event are : Charlie 01295 255901 , Eddie : 01295 261796 , Steve :01295 271604 and Tom 01295 270809 .This event is situated right in the centre of Banbury , just off the High St and Market Place , there is plenty of parking in the Market Place and Calthorpe St .Record dealers are welcome as we have a separate room with piped music , also there is a chill out room downstairs just off the modern room which can house record dealers as well . See you at the go go , Eddie Hubbard [ for Banbury Soul Club ]

Eddie , Just heard about Dave, Will be very muched missed... Our deepest sympathy and respects go out to his family....

We`ll be turning up for this one ,it seems like yesterday since i first met Dave in Osbournes up Parsons St in the 70s and he told me to **** off to Superdisc!!!!

Tansey

Eddie , Just heard about Dave, Will be very muched missed... Our deepest sympathy and respects go out to his family....

We`ll be turning up for this one ,it seems like yesterday since i first met Dave in Osbournes up Parsons St in the 70s and he told me to **** off to Superdisc!!!!

Tansey

Cheers Graham , yes Dave's passing has left a massive gap ,he was legendary round these parts .Look forward to seeing you at our new Modern room , spread the news please ........ Best,Eddie

It will be very strange and sad not having Dave around, but like you said Eddie, Dave would be annoyed if we didn't carry on.

Dave always followed me when DJ-ing, and always, aways had a good word to say about the sets I played, Just hope I don't disapoint anyone

Got 1 or 2 new records to play

Steve

Edited by steve

Tansey

Hello mate

Its about time you paid us a visit, can't remember when you were last here, but it'll be good to you both again on the 4th

Steve

Guest oxo1961

Hello mate

Its about time you paid us a visit, can't remember when you were last here, but it'll be good to you both again on the 4th

Steve

Steve Mate, mainly work has kept me away and the do`s I go to are mainly down south, working in Lemington so theres no exuse for that and its a mark of Respect for Dave... So the Gudgie and Carol have offered us the comfortable Front Room floor for the Night, so we can have a little Drinky plus got some Sounds to sell as well but dont tell Gudgie!!!!!

See you there Mate..

Tansey

Steve Mate, mainly work has kept me away and the do`s I go to are mainly down south, working in Lemington so theres no exuse for that and its a mark of Respect for Dave... So the Gudgie and Carol have offered us the comfortable Front Room floor for the Night, so we can have a little Drinky plus got some Sounds to sell as well but dont tell Gudgie!!!!!

See you there Mate..

Tansey

Have you still got that record i asked you for last summer?

Put this date in your diary folks Saturday April 4th at our new venue "Le Royale Club", Butcher's Row, Banbury, OX16 5JH. (For directions see first thread) Guest DJ this time ex Banbury Soul boy Neil Self from Soul Fusion Soul Club. Neil is really looking forward to coming back to his home town, Neil knows what we like and can't wait to get behind the decks to spin a few tunes!! Of course Neil will be soulfully supported by myself, Charlie Mc, Eddie Hubbard, Big Steve and Tom H.

Oh, and yes we've brand new for April and beyond a downstairs room, I say room its very big actually, is our new Modern room. For those in the scene who want 80's and 90's and upfront Modern Soul. Great DJ line up in that room for the first one, Mark Randle from Soul Purpose, Mick Gudge Chi-Soul, with Eddie Hubbard and Neil Self doing a spot in the Modern room. (Of course with all new things we have to build this up as we have with our Northern Room).

Hope to see you all there on the night. Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

(We have not been so active on Soul Source the past week as a respect to Dave Bailey's family)

Put this date in your diary folks Saturday April 4th at our new venue "Le Royale Club", Butcher's Row, Banbury, OX16 5JH. (For directions see first thread) Guest DJ this time ex Banbury Soul boy Neil Self from Soul Fusion Soul Club. Neil is really looking forward to coming back to his home town, Neil knows what we like and can't wait to get behind the decks to spin a few tunes!! Of course Neil will be soulfully supported by myself, Charlie Mc, Eddie Hubbard, Big Steve and Tom H.

Oh, and yes we've brand new for April and beyond a downstairs room, I say room its very big actually, is our new Modern room. For those in the scene who want 80's and 90's and upfront Modern Soul. Great DJ line up in that room for the first one, Mark Randle from Soul Purpose, Mick Gudge Chi-Soul, with Eddie Hubbard and Neil Self doing a spot in the Modern room. (Of course with all new things we have to build this up as we have with our Northern Room).

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

(We have not been so active on Soul Source the past week as a respect to Dave Bailey's family)

Yes this is building up nicely Charlie , sure there will be lots of interest in the new Modern Room with Mark , Mick and Neil well up to date with all the new release dance floor fillers , plus I'll be playing a mixture of newer sides plus a look back at the 90's ,80's , and pre 2009 sides .Best,Eddie

Guys, I'm really looking forward to DJing back in my old stomping ground, also working with Mark Randle again, Just got the Prestatyn Flyers through for the October event and pleased to see that Soulfusion DJs Neil self and Steve Lloyd are actually named this time. We DJed at both March & October last year and really enjoyed being involved.

I like what Mark plays, I am into steppers and soulful house so we have similar tastes, so should compliment each other along with the Banbury boys.

I'll be sending out a newsletter to my 2500 contacts this week, hopefully we will see some of them along to check out the new venue.

see you on the 4th

best regards

Neil

Yes this is building up nicely Charlie , sure there will be lots of interest in the new Modern Room with Mark , Mick and Neil well up to date with all the new release dance floor fillers , plus I'll be playing a mixture of newer sides plus a look back at the 90's ,80's , and pre 2009 sides .Best,Eddie

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Hi Charlie & Tabs,

Sorry we can't make this one as we are up North that weekend, but you have a great night, if the last one is anything to go by it will be a fantastic night and with the added bonus of the Modern room.

Kev & Gloria

Cheers both.

Be good to catch up with you soon.

Best

Tabs.

Hi Charlie & Tabs,

Sorry we can't make this one as we are up North that weekend, but you have a great night, if the last one is anything to go by it will be a fantastic night and with the added bonus of the Modern room.

Kev & Gloria

Guys, I'm really looking forward to DJing back in my old stomping ground, also working with Mark Randle again, Just got the Prestatyn Flyers through for the October event and pleased to see that Soulfusion DJs Neil self and Steve Lloyd are actually named this time. We DJed at both March & October last year and really enjoyed being involved.

I like what Mark plays, I am into steppers and soulful house so we have similar tastes, so should compliment each other along with the Banbury boys.

I'll be sending out a newsletter to my 2500 contacts this week, hopefully we will see some of them along to check out the new venue.

see you on the 4th

best regards

Neil

Look forward to your spot mate, may even come down to the modern room to see what all the fuss is about,

It'll be great you D-Jing on your old home soil, how long ago was it you D-Jed here last, I reckon about 32 years ago?

Yep it's gota be about that long, far too long for my liking, but hopefully will make up for it on the 4th helping to launch your modern room and doing the main slot in the northern room, you really are spoiling me.

can't wait!!!!

Neil

Look forward to your spot mate, may even come down to the modern room to see what all the fuss is about,

It'll be great you D-Jing on your old home soil, how long ago was it you D-Jed here last, I reckon about 32 years ago?

Guest Cariad

Have had my orders from Sian that I'm joining her at 7.30............... :unsure:

Got my Mam over for the week but have bought her a ticket to go watch my Daughters dance show for the 2nd time.................so I can sneek out :D:g::yes:

Looking forward to it, especially if the heating is sorted out for early evening...........had to dance with my coat on last time for 1st hour LOL

Have had my orders from Sian that I'm joining her at 7.30............... :g:

Got my Mam over for the week but have bought her a ticket to go watch my Daughters dance show for the 2nd time.................so I can sneek out :lol::D:lol:

Looking forward to it, especially if the heating is sorted out for early evening...........had to dance with my coat on last time for 1st hour LOL

It was January then , it's nearly Spring now biggrin.gif Be good to see you .........Best,Eddie

Banbury /Oxford Soul Boyz,

Can't wait for the 4th. -; it was such a great nite last time

now we've moved out of the 'shed' into a classy club.

Should be packed ; lots of the crowd who go on the

Soul cruises will be there in the Modern Room.

:lol:

daveb

ps thanks for the sounds :g: .

Hello Dave,

Yes, about the new modern room, we are getting alot of interest. It should work well with the current Northern room. It'll take a bit of time to build up, we hope everybody will give it a fair chance.

We have a alot of new tunes for the Northern room and are looking forward to the night. We've been getting alot of phone calls, so hopefully it's going to be busy. thumbup.gif

Keep dancing,

Charlie Mc

Guest Terry and Karen

Terry and Karen are looking forward to Sat night.It was a great night there last time and I am sure it will be even better with your Modern room as well.We may go in there and try to be educated!! Will miss Dave and it will be sad without him, but we will always remember him and the wonderful sounds he used to play.

Terry and Karen

Guest oxo1961

Mark Randle is a great DJ to ease you in gently... :ohmy:

Sian, agree with you there! Were going up to the Night in Hinckley the night before for the Soul Porpose do, and have seen Flyers for an Alldayer at Hinckley in june or july and have Chris Hill doing a spot!

Tansey

Guest Terry and Karen

Charlie and I have just been on a scooter ride out today to Coventry bloody freezing.All Ban Scooter boys looking forward to Sat April 4th.Nice to see you today Burnley Dave .Charlie Mc didnt get a flat or go up a grass verge. Terry

Banbury /Oxford Soul Boyz,

Can't wait for the 4th. -; it was such a great nite last time

now we've moved out of the 'shed' into a classy club.

Should be packed ; lots of the crowd who go on the

Soul cruises will be there in the Modern Room.

:thumbup:

daveb

ps thanks for the sounds whistling.gif .

Great to have you on soul source Dave, it should be a great night again, with the guest D-Js

Plus we got Ralph doing the early doors set in the northern room, Ralph has D-Jed at the co-op Nuneaton

& Move on at coventry, amonst others, and a great D-J he is too, see you on the 4th

Steve

See you at the go go , Eddie Hubbard [ for Banbury Soul Club ]

Hi Eddie and Co,

I'm 'otherwise engaged' this night, but anyone who hasn't been yet, it's worth a visit - great atmos.

Have a goodun!

Len.

Shame you can't make it Len. Tell them Punters where you are about our new Modern Room - and get some of them over here next time! If we had another spare room we would have an R&B room: I know you wouldn't want to miss that would you ? Tee! Hee! laugh.gif

Cheers.................... Tom.

]Charlie and I have just been on a scooter ride out today to Coventry bloody freezing.All Ban Scooter boys looking forward to Sat April 4th.Nice to see you today Burnley Dave .Charlie Mc didnt get a flat or go up a grass verge. Terry

Charlie, I'm very much looking forward to DJing with you guys and helping to launch your modern room. Hippo is coming with me along with my wife Ann and maybe a few more soulies from our neck of the woods.

Also been buying a few new 45s for the northern room too.

can't wait!!!

best regards

Neil

]Charlie and I have just been on a scooter ride out today to Coventry bloody freezing.All Ban Scooter boys looking forward to Sat April 4th.Nice to see you today Burnley Dave .Charlie Mc didnt get a flat or go up a grass verge. Terry

laugh.gif:yes:laugh.gif Ha, ha, ha, Terry. Yes, it was bloody freezing! I told you we shouldn't have worn our tee shirts on our scooters and yes, I did not go up the grass verge. But you know what its like, the sun on your face, racing into that big bend. And its all the same to me, roads, paths, grass verges, peoples front gardens. Its all the highway to me son. :(

Yes, no more flats invested in some decent rubber instead of vinyl for a change.

See you Saturday you toe rag!! Nice new gloves (are they the wife's) :P

Saturday is approaching, looking forward to the night. Hope to see you all there folks.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Charlie, I'm very much looking forward to DJing with you guys and helping to launch your modern room. Hippo is coming with me along with my wife Ann and maybe a few more soulies from our neck of the woods.

Also been buying a few new 45s for the northern room too.

can't wait!!!

best regards

Neil

Sorry boys,

been a bit subdued lately,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So let's go.

Do I have to say it ??????

Oxford boys will be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Counting the days.

Maz, Jon, Paul, Richie, and Del.

Oxford Soul Club.

NEXT NORTHERN NIGHT IN OXFORD 9th. of MAY

Edited by dcsoxford

Sorry boys,

been a bit subdued lately,,,,,,,,,,,,,

So let's go.

Do I have to say it ??????

Oxford boys will be there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Counting the days.

Maz, Jon, Paul, Richie, and Del.

Oxford Soul Club.

NEXT NORTHERN NIGHT IN OXFORD 9th. of MAY

WILL BE GOOD TO SEE YOU ALL MY FRIEND'S,

SAFE JOURNEY

CHARLIE.

Yup, I'm looking forward to this, hearing one of Eddies sets is always worth the trip, thanks Neil for the offer of a lift - gives us a chance to have a good natter (and probably bore Ann silly!).

See y'all Saturday night!

Guest ruffsounds

Well its Banbury time again and as usual i will be in attendance as like so many others Banbury's do's are like a second home for me only this time i will be bringing a box of tricks with me.

See you all on Saturday, cant wait lol and it will be twice the fun i.e. two rooms.

cheers Ralph

Well its Banbury time again and as usual i will be in attendance as like so many others Banbury's do's are like a second home for me only this time i will be bringing a box of tricks with me.

See you all on Saturday, cant wait lol and it will be twice the fun i.e. two rooms.

cheers Ralph

Look forward to seeing you Ralph , your DJ sets are always interesting and forward thinking ,Best,Eddie

cheers Ralph

SEE YOU SAT RALPH, LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR SET :lol:

CHARLIE MC.

If you have been reading through this thread or haven't made your mind up for this Saturday; then do yourself a favour and have a great night out with us here at the Banbury Soul Club.

Our well established Northern Room with regulars Charlie, Eddie, Steve and myself [Tom] all have individual tastes and give a Cosmopolitan feel that has been a winning formula over the years. With Guest, Neil Self [soulFusion] here this Saturday the missing piece in the jigsaw is complete. Neil is just back from Chicago and Detroit and has a few newies he is just itching to play. The happy buzzing atmosphere that we have always had compliments our new venue to a Willie Tee ! :rolleyes:

New for April is our Upfront Modern Room which is being nurtured in the capable hands of Mr. Eddie Hubbard [well known and respected on this scene]. For your delectation, Eddie has secured none other than guest DJ Mark Randle for our inaugural event. Add again Neil Self as another guest DJ and the place will be rocking.

Eddie gets this room warmed up from 8pm, so make sure you are here early to savour the atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing plenty of new faces this time....................

Cheers, Tom (for Banbury Soul Club)

Edited by Becket

YES TOM IT'S HOTTING UP, JON WILLIS IS NOW HITCHING A LIFT WITH ME AND WE ARE MEETING UP AT YOUR CLUB WITH SOME FOLKS WE MET IN CHICAGO. SO THERE WILL BE A GREAT ATMOSPHERE THAT'S FOR SURE. I'VE BEEN SORTING OUT SOME REALLY NICE MODERN SOUNDS FROM THE LAST FEW YEARS. THERE'S SO MUCH GOOD STUFF OUT THERE, IT WILL CRTAINLY BE DIFFERENT FOR THE BANBURY BRIGADE.

SEE YA STURDAY

BEST REGARDS

NEIL & ANN SELF

If you have been reading through this thread or haven't made your mind up for this Saturday; then do yourself a favour and have a great night out with us here at the Banbury Soul Club.

Our well established Northern Room with regulars Charlie, Eddie, Steve and myself [Tom] all have individual tastes and give a Cosmopolitan feel that has been a winning formula over the years. With Guest, Neil Self [soulFusion] here this Saturday the missing piece in the jigsaw is complete. Neil is just back from Chicago and Detroit and has a few newies he is just itching to play. The happy buzzing atmosphere that we have always had compliments our new venue to a Willie Tee ! :rolleyes:

New for April is our Upfront Modern Room which is being nurtured in the capable hands of Mr. Eddie Hubbard [well known and respected on this scene]. For your delectation, Eddie has secured none other than guest DJ Mark Randle for our inaugural event. Add again Neil Self as another guest DJ and the place will be rocking.

Eddie gets this room warmed up from 8pm, so make sure you are here early to savour the atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing plenty of new faces this time....................

Cheers, Tom (for Banbury Soul Club)