The End Of Minworth Soul Club

Sad to say due to the owner of Minworth Social Club being unhappy with a bunch of 40somethings meeting up once a month to occupy and provide her with income in a otherwise empty room, we have finally knocked it on the head. Onwards and upwards for us and we'll be back in the near future with a venue who understand what were about and in this credit crunch would be welcome in a boost to there takings. We'd like to say a massive thanks to all our supporters and all the Dj's who gave up there time and gave us some fantastic music. We're on the lookout as we speak so watch this space WE'LL BE BACK. ATB BRUMMIE CARL,TAF,ADE,COL,HEV,JANE,TRACE

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

To everyone that came to minworth and enjoyed it, MASSIVE THANKS :lol: A special THANK YOU to Max for his support and advice thumbsup.gif it has been very much appreciated.

To ALL the Dj's who came and played WHAT THEY WANTED with no interferance from the promoters and to all the punters who came looking for something different WE WILL SEE YOU SOON.

In my opinion, :) we got this social club through the dark months of the winter and now She boxing.gif has decided to pull the rug from under us. Wedding and party season is a calling, well good luck to her!! As Carl has said, when a bunch of 40 somethings were bringing new life into this social club with the cash till ringing all night what more could she ask for. :)

So watch this space, we will be back.

Jane & Taf x

Edited by shaunthesheep

Hi guys sorry to hear the news this is just greed on behalf of the owners by the sound of it, any way we enjoyed the half a dozen times we had at Minworth but couldn't be at the last one due to other comittments, hope you get sorted with another venue asap.

Gaz

Sad to say due to the owner of Minworth Social Club being unhappy with a bunch of 40somethings meeting up once a month to occupy and provide her with income in a otherwise empty room, we have finally knocked it on the head. Onwards and upwards for us and we'll be back in the near future with a venue who understand what were about and in this credit crunch would be welcome in a boost to there takings. We'd like to say a massive thanks to all our supporters and all the Dj's who gave up there time and gave us some fantastic music. We're on the lookout as we speak so watch this space WE'LL BE BACK. ATB BRUMMIE CARL,TAF,ADE,COL,HEV,JANE,TRACE

so so sorry to hear your'e bad news!! no doubt the shortsightedness of the club management

will have an adverse effect on the day to day running of minworth club!!what you had given them was a source of income which in itself is hard enough for such clubs to get!! apart from room hire they had bar sales for which they didn't even have to provide extra staff for!! poor management indeed!!

please don't feel disheartened by this setback, what you had on offer was something slightly different from the norm, which i felt would have grown given the chance!! it was a nice little

night well appreciated by those who attended!! so move on now & find yourselves a new venue!!

all the best

max..

Good luck with your hunt for a new venue. I'm sure there will be a plethora of social clubs and pubs in Brum crying out for your business.

I'm particularly fond of the upstairs rooms at The Hare and Hounds pub in Kings Heath.

The Bulls Head in Moseley has a small but perfectly formed upstairs room too.

Uber run soul/soulful house nights at The Rainbow pub. It's a two room venue tho' so may be a little big for your needs?

The Nautical Club in Bath Row is a good, medium-sized social club but you'll need a PA... and they wanted about £100 for room hire last year but that might have changed...

You may want to stay Sutton side; so perhaps that wasn't a great deal of help!

I'm a student now but used to promote around Brum for too many years...

PM me if you need help with finding a venue.

I would also like to Say Thank you to our Guest Dj Mr KENNY ONIONS, who played a blinding set and got everyone dancing.

Lovely to his better half Claude with him, and Thanks to Phil Richards for playing up when me and tracey were djing :unsure: .

Jane x

Thanks Jane i will post a play list up tonight and a few comments.

I would also like to Say Thank you to our Guest Dj Mr KENNY ONIONS, who played a blinding set and got everyone dancing.

Lovely to his better half Claude with him, and Thanks to Phil Richards for playing up when me and tracey were djing :thumbup: .

Jane x

Mr Pj plays up all the time....lol :unsure:

See you all soon, Suzy xx

Such a sad loss this little venue has been so cruelly taken away from you, but hopefuly it will lead to better things i know you all have the determination to seek out another venue & good luck in your quest.

It was a pleasure to spin a few for you and as promised here's the play list,

The Marvelows - Your little sister - ABC Paramount

The Channels - You can count on me - Groove

Ray & Dave - Wrong wrong wrong - Mica

The Gillettes - The same identical thing - J & S

Pat Brown - The good got to suffer - Severn B

Billy Sol - Time time - Domar

Carl Carlton - So what - Lando

Tommy T - Sales pitch - Big R

Mickey Denton - Now i'm Mr Blue - AMY

B B Brown - Low down dirty tramp - Dit Dot

The Monorays - Love - 20th Century