Bill Brandon-streets Got My Lady-piedmont

I`ve noticed a few of these turning up on the Bay recently,one seller says it`s a reissue the others don`t,the lable and the colour don`t look right to me compared to the Original,i emailed one seller twice to ask if it was original or not but he did not reply

back?,he sold that copy for $385,anyone got any Info on these 45s or seen any here in the UK?.

TIA

Dave f................

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Johnny One Trout

Origs are vinyl, boots are styrene. Only difference as far as I know :thumbsup:

link

So someone is manufacturing Styrene nowadays? Isn't that unusual ?

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

These look really dodgy. The labels seem very amateurishly reproduced, with at least a couple of tell-tale errors in the production.

link

Real one looks like this, strangely I originally bought it for the awesome deep flip "Tag tag"

post-1832-1116802888_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I picked up a white demo recently of the Bill Brandon disc .... can you guys tell me whether there is any question about the white demo's being legit ? And also are the boots that are surfacing appearing as white demos or issues ?

Need your help on this .

Thanks!

Social source share

The boots are vinyl as well, or at least the ones I've seen are, they are issues but the lable is slightly off centre and the grey of the lable looks dodgy. I haven't seen a boot of the demo though and I would have noticed that as mines a demo. It sounds like there are a few boots of it from this thread.

Social source share

So did I. I then proceeded to completely ruin the playing surface in a botched attempt to clean a miniscule spot of dirt on it. So I have a copy with just "Streets" in playable shape, that hardly ever gets spun, as I never really rated that side of the record. "Tag Tag" is, as people are saying, quite brilliant.

Social source share

Guest Adam G

Thanks for confriming what i thought,feel sory for the guy who paid $385 for this Boot.

Dave f.............

link

what is on the run out groove of an original (and boot for that matter) ?

Social source share

what is on the run out groove of an original (and boot for that matter) ?

link

The markings in the run out of the Orig are,

P-078-A-STEREO MASTERFONICS

Don`t know what they are on the Boot but the dodgy looking

label gives it away a bad photo copy off center :wicked:

Dave f............

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!