United Sound Of Soul Saturday 28th March, You'll Never Guess What's Happened Now, 3rd Time Lucky

Well we really don't know where to start so from the beginning, as you all know we decided not to use the AP Club in Holmes Chapel anymore after our January do coz of all the trouble with the talc blah blah blah.

We had booked and paid the deposit for the Oakley in Brewood for our anniversary on the 28th March everything sorted or so we thought, we went on holiday but beforehand had tried to contact the owners but to no avail so Martyn said he would get in touch with them while we were away but he had no luck either, we also heard from another one of our good friends who lives in the area Kev Bodley that he had been past and there was no sign of anyone there, so by this stage we were getting worried and tried to ring ourselves whilst we were away we also sent several e-mails and to date still no reply. Yesterday we finally found out that the Oakley has ceased trading, we found this out from the company that do their website as they had been contacted by the owner to take it down.

As you can all imagine panic set in, straight back from holiday to this and I must admit we were all ready to pack it all in but then found out that we have a few peeps travelling up from the Poole area who had booked hotels in the already, plus dj's were booked and we have also had a lot of interest therefore we felt that we could not let anyone down so after a lot of ringing round, going through the internet etc and with the help of some really good friends we are pleased to announce that we have another venue (phew) so details are

United Sound of Soul 2nd Anniversary

Saturday 28th March 2009

At

Premier Suite

1st Floor (above Bar Sport)

85 - 87 High Green (opposite Library)

Cannock Town Centre

Staffordshire

WS11 1BJ

dj's are as before and listed in my signature below as you can see from the top line up it's gonna be a great night and the venue is fantastic you can check out the venue on their website www.premier-suite.co.uk.

We would be really grateful if you know of anyone that was coming to the Oakley if you could let them know the change of venue. New flyers will be going out tomorrow and we will also be trying to get in touch with as many people as possible.

We really hope that you can join us on the night we are now looking forward to a great night of rare soul, current nighter tunes, forgotten gems, a smattering of crossover and basically anything the dj's feel is right on the night because as you know dj's have a free hand to play what they want.

If anyone needs any information whatsoever please contact either Kev or Martyn who will be happy to help. Kev 01928 829878, Martyn 01543 462470.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the 28th.

Kev, Sharon & Martyn

• Replies 165
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

bloody hell Sharon, what a nightmare. I hope this reply works as i'm on the psp! I usually only lurke at this time.

Thanks Sian

Yeah good job I'm still on Florida time or I'd be in bed by now, this is all sorted now and we're really looking forward to it, the venue is lovely and dj's remain the same so good night for sure.

See you Saturday.

Sharon

P.s what the hell are you doing on a psp av you pinched it off the kids :lol: .

Guest Mark Holmes

OOh Joan you wanna see his lippy as well :lol: .

See you Saturday.

Sharon

I just want to state for the record "I have absolutely nothing to do with Kev Spittles transition, and I am unanimous in that"

He was supposed to return with a sun tan :lol:

OH WELL DONT WORRY, :D IT WILL ALL WORK OUT, AND MORE TO THE POINT, USOS IS ALL READY TO GO :thumbsup:

I KNOW HOW YOU PULLED YOUR HAIR OUT OVER THIS, BUT WHAT YOU MUST REMEMBER,IS THAT YOU HAVE A VERY HUGE FOLLOWING FOR USOS, AND WHEREVER YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE USOS, YOUR BELOVED SOUL FANS, LIKE ME AND WOODY, WOULD FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT, YOU JUST CANT PUT A TOP DRAWER VENUE , WITH THE MUSIC POLICY THAT YOU ALL HAVE STRIVED FOR OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS DOWN!SO DO BEAR THIS IS MIND AND LOU IS A VERY HAPPY WOMAN NOW THAT ITS ALL SORTED OUT, AND I CAN BREATHE A SIGH OF RELIEF, AND LOOK FORWARD TO MY MOST FAVORITE SOUL NITE ON THE 28TH OF MARCH ....YEAH BABY.... BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Will spread the word. you guys deserve a good nite for all the trouble you have had, and gone to. Soul Folk true to the cause wink.gifwink.gif kimbo

Thanks Kimbo we just need to let as many people know as possible, Martyn has been down to the venue today and said it's a lovely place. We've had a lot of interest from people that used to go to Lea Manor so it'll be great to see some of them out and about.

See you soon.

Sharon

OH WELL DONT WORRY, laugh.gif IT WILL ALL WORK OUT, AND MORE TO THE POINT, USOS IS ALL READY TO GO thumbup.gif

I KNOW HOW YOU PULLED YOUR HAIR OUT OVER THIS, BUT WHAT YOU MUST REMEMBER,IS THAT YOU HAVE A VERY HUGE FOLLOWING FOR USOS, AND WHEREVER YOU CHOOSE TO HAVE USOS, YOUR BELOVED SOUL FANS, LIKE ME AND WOODY, WOULD FOLLOW YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, AND THERE IS NO DOUBT ABOUT THAT, YOU JUST CANT PUT A TOP DRAWER VENUE , WITH THE MUSIC POLICY THAT YOU ALL HAVE STRIVED FOR OVER THE LAST TWO YEARS DOWN!SO DO BEAR THIS IS MIND AND LOU IS A VERY HAPPY WOMAN NOW THAT ITS ALL SORTED OUT, AND I CAN BREATHE A SIGH OF RELIEF, AND LOOK FORWARD TO MY MOST FAVORITE SOUL NITE ON THE 28TH OF MARCH ....YEAH BABY.... BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

Believe it or not Lou I had an e-mail back from the Oakley today (can't remember if I told you earlier or not) anyway they have deffo ceased trading as they said they'd had loads of cancellations and just couldn't carry on, they did apologise and offered to repay our deposit, won't hold my breath on that though if it takes em as long to send that as it did to reply to phone messages and e-mails.

Anyway were ready to have a great 2nd Anniversary. Oh and you should see what I brought back from Florida, just a little treat on the door but they'll be gone quick so don't be late.

Sharon

Believe it or not Lou I had an e-mail back from the Oakley today (can't remember if I told you earlier or not) anyway they have deffo ceased trading as they said they'd had loads of cancellations and just couldn't carry on, they did apologise and offered to repay our deposit, won't hold my breath on that though if it takes em as long to send that as it did to reply to phone messages and e-mails.

Anyway were ready to have a great 2nd Anniversary. Oh and you should see what I brought back from Florida, just a little treat on the door but they'll be gone quick so don't be late.

Sharon

is it sand or munchies?

Guest Phil Richards

Well we really don't know where to start so from the beginning, as you all know we decided not to use the AP Club in Holmes Chapel anymore after our January do coz of all the trouble with the talc blah blah blah.

We had booked and paid the deposit for the Oakley in Brewood for our anniversary on the 28th March everything sorted or so we thought, we went on holiday but beforehand had tried to contact the owners but to no avail so Martyn said he would get in touch with them while we were away but he had no luck either, we also heard from another one of our good friends who lives in the area Kev Bodley that he had been past and there was no sign of anyone there, so by this stage we were getting worried and tried to ring ourselves whilst we were away we also sent several e-mails and to date still no reply. Yesterday we finally found out that the Oakley has ceased trading, we found this out from the company that do their website as they had been contacted by the owner to take it down.

As you can all imagine panic set in, straight back from holiday to this and I must admit we were all ready to pack it all in but then found out that we have a few peeps travelling up from the Poole area who had booked hotels in the already, plus dj's were booked and we have also had a lot of interest therefore we felt that we could not let anyone down so after a lot of ringing round, going through the internet etc and with the help of some really good friends we are pleased to announce that we have another venue (phew) so details are

Saturday 28th March 2009

At

Premier Suite

Cannock Town Centre

Staffordshire

WS11 1BJ

dj's are as before and listed in my signature below as you can see from the top line up it's gonna be a great night and the venue is fantastic you can check out the venue on their website www.premier-suite.co.uk.

We would be really grateful if you know of anyone that was coming to the Oakley if you could let them know the change of venue. New flyers will be going out tomorrow and we will also be trying to get in touch with as many people as possible.

We really hope that you can join us on the night we are now looking forward to a great night of rare soul, current nighter tunes, forgotten gems, a smattering of crossover and basically anything the dj's feel is right on the night because as you know dj's have a free hand to play what they want.

If anyone needs any information whatsoever please contact either Kev or Martyn who will be happy to help. Kev 01928 829878, Martyn 01543 462470.

Kev, Sharon & Martyn

Its so much fun as a promoter :thumbsup:

Hope to see you at your new venue thumbsup.gif

Just noticed your banner still says the Oakley.

Let me know if the cd and cover is ok :thumbsup:

Kev's pm'd Mike about the banner Joan as we can't change it, if you click on it you go through to the events page and I've updated that, just a bit confusing at the moment. Mike's probably fed up changing it :D .

Cd cover's are spot on will be nice if you could do them :D .

Sharon

SO IS THIS THE OFFICIAL THREAD OR WHAT :P:lol: ..ANOTHER CD, WHOOPIE, WE ALWAYS PLAY THEM WHILST AVIN A BATH, TOO MUCH INFO THERE :lol: THEN I GET THE LOW DOWN FROM WOODY WHO WROTE THIS ECT, THIS IS ON THIS LABEL, THIS WAS PRODUCED BY , I GOT THIS, I HAD THAT, ECT ECT ECT :lol: I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO UM,OH TO BE MARRIED TO AN ANORAK!!!

Saturday 28th March 2009

At

Premier Suite

Cannock Town Centre

Staffordshire

WS11 1BJ

Kev, Sharon & Martyn

If anyone deserved success, these guys do!!!

Get along and give them your support on this unmissable soul night at their new venue in Cannock!!!

A fantastic DJ line up that is not to be missed!!!

Give them your support!!! Don't miss what others have been talking about!!!

SO IS THIS THE OFFICIAL THREAD OR WHAT :P:lol: ..ANOTHER CD, WHOOPIE, WE ALWAYS PLAY THEM WHILST AVIN A BATH, TOO MUCH INFO THERE :lol: THEN I GET THE LOW DOWN FROM WOODY WHO WROTE THIS ECT, THIS IS ON THIS LABEL, THIS WAS PRODUCED BY , I GOT THIS, I HAD THAT, ECT ECT ECT :lol: I JUST WANT TO LISTEN TO UM,OH TO BE MARRIED TO AN ANORAK!!!

Thank your lucky stars your not married to gary holyman now he is an anorak :P sorry Garry

:P I know a few like that Lou.

Sharon

Guest SoulRenaissance

he was in a panic at prestatyn he had miss laid a record hope he sorted it

You're right Ted, even Gary's wife agrees.

The new venue, top place. Car parking at rear, seperate entrance to bar below. At the side, opposite the library, doormen, etc. so should be secure. Town Centre? Well the top end of the town, the night clubs with the binge drinkers, etc. are down the other end of town. What will be will be, we gotta run with it. After that who knows? But we will do our best to keep things going, whatever the outcome.

Martyn

:D we are saving the environment !

Who has the plughole end :ohmy::D:lol:

Saturday 28th March 2009

At

Premier Suite

Cannock Town Centre

Staffordshire

WS11 1BJ

"Bring it On" .......Billyboy.

Sorry not been on for a couple of days we're having internet problems I've had to come to my Daughters to get on here this morning, everything's sorted an ready to go so looking forward to a great night next weekend.

If anyone needs to speak to us you can ring us on 01928 829878, Martyn will be keeping his eye on here so you can always pm him.

Sharon

Had a look at the website for the new venue, it's looks really nice, probably a change for the better.

A fantastic line up that's not to be missed and a quality venue. Ticks all the right boxes for me!!!

and me tony, just a fabulous nite with out a doubt, my most favorite soul nite, its going to be awsome :lol:

Guest SoulRenaissance

Myself and the Shutes have put this on our social calendar and will be there!!! Only up the road and opposite one of my offices so we won't get lost!!!

Really looking forward to it .. line up is just fab!!!!

That'll mean i've seen you twice in a year Mandy. Remember when we used to see each other every week, back in the good old days. Although you think the good old days ended back in 79, according to some. But alas no, United Sound of Soul's still plugging the cause.

Martyn

Myself and the Shutes have put this on our social calendar and will be there!!! Only up the road and opposite one of my offices so we won't get lost!!!

Really looking forward to it .. line up is just fab!!!!

Whey hey!

An already top night just keeps getting better and better! thumbup.gif

Guest SoulRenaissance

You have only got to look at the quality of DJ's to know you are going to hear some brilliant tunes and top quality rarities.

A night you definitely don't want to miss.

Just been down to the venue for a final check. Two car parks at rear. The pay one, is free after 7.00. Plus one at rear of venue opposite pay car park.

For those not with Sat Nav.

From M6 junction 11 or 12. A460 main road into Cannock at Longford Island (Beefeater Steakhouse), follow road in past Asda on your right. Through traffic lights staying in your left hand lane and directions for Stafford A34.

Bus Station on your left, opposite LA Rock cafe. Turn left there following directions for Penkridge B5012, til you come to mini island. Turn left there, and venue (Bar Sport) is in front of you on the right hand side.

Should be easy enough. Dave Lucas said you'd never find it, piece of cake i said. Easiest venue to find ever!

Martyn

Guest SoulRenaissance

Spoke to all djs, All looking forward to this must remember to get directions to Arthur......

Only a week to go, the excitement/ nerves building. The stresses of the last 2-3 weeks getting to me. Must be me age.

Martyn

That'll mean i've seen you twice in a year Mandy. Remember when we used to see each other every week, back in the good old days. Although you think the good old days ended back in 79, according to some. But alas no, United Sound of Soul's still plugging the cause.

Martyn

I know Martin and it's only March!!!! I'm hoping we will see each other more often this year!! My good old days didn't end until 2007 ... only ended cos I went back to college and couldn't afford to come out!!! Really looking forward to this .. great DJs and great company

Joan, can't wait to see you and Tony .. .. yes, does keep getting better .. had text from Shrewsbury Clan today and they're coming over too .. gonna be a great night!!!

Source Advert