Derek Pearson & Mick Howard On Ian Obeng's Night

Do these guys have a weekly radio show? I've been listening for the third time (in the Soul section) and love almost every track they're playing. Some information needed, please...

My neighbours loves it too!! :wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Do these guys have a weekly radio show? I've been listening for the third time (in the Soul section) and love almost every track they're playing. Some information needed, please...

My neighbours loves it too!!  :wicked:

link

I believe Derek does some radio work but unfortunately can't get it where I live. Both top DJs - always have been and still will be when we're very old :wicked::D

Social source share

Hi,thanks for the kind words,glad you enjoyed it,the show itself is hosted by Ian Obeng,hopefully we'll be back on in the near future,it was a good laugh,hopefully it came across that way,as Mandy said Derek does a monthly show on bradford community radio, I'm hoping to do a guest spot with him in the next month or two,I'm sure it will get posted up on to the site

cheers Mick

Social source share

Hi,thanks for the kind words,glad you enjoyed it,the show itself is hosted by Ian Obeng,hopefully we'll be back on in the near future,it was a good laugh,hopefully it came across that way,as Mandy said Derek does a monthly show on bradford community radio, I'm hoping to do a guest spot with him in the next month or two,I'm sure it will get posted up on to the site

cheers Mick

link

Mick, can you name the two "Jealous" tracks you've played on part two? These tracks are just knocked me off my feet and I want to know the titles. Sorry, my English is not perfect enough to understand the fast talking in the background :wicked:

Social source share

the only one I can remember off hand with jealous in the title  was played by derek, james dee +a piece of the action"jealous over love"on enrica records,stunning deep soul,hope that helps

Mick

link

it's the Primettes (early Supremes) together with James Dee - Jealous over you.

AWSOME TRACK!!! MY GOODNESS!!

update: James Dee & A Piece Of The Actio & The Primettes

Edited by moonpirate
Social source share

• 6 years later...

Enrica was a small New York label, with no ties to Detroit, as far as I know. Was James Dee a Detroiter? Would The Supremes really have moonlighted for a NY label when already signed to Motown? I admit that they certainly moonlighted with Ex-Motowner Robert Bateman at Correc-Tone Records (not far away from Motown's offices, as late as 1962. But, I seriously doubt they are on that Enrica record.

Social source share

My neighbours loves it too!! :wicked:

derek,s own show goes out on bcb 106.6 on a sat think its on twice a month.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert