Jazz Soul Fusion - Anyone Know About It?

Pete S

Saw this collection on friday, took all the singles but there were about 500 albums, the majority where what I presume is called Jazz Fusion - CTI label, Ronnie Laws, sorry my brain has gone empty but nearly all were from 1969 to 1974 by the looks of it. Anyway because I didn't know anything about them, I left them, but if anyone thinks they might be interested, I'll give you the lead for a backhander whistling.gif

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Saw this collection on friday, took all the singles but there were about 500 albums, the majority where what I presume is called Jazz Fusion - CTI label, Ronnie Laws, sorry my brain has gone empty but nearly all were from 1969 to 1974 by the looks of it. Anyway because I didn't know anything about them, I left them, but if anyone thinks they might be interested, I'll give you the lead for a backhander :thumbsup:

Hi Pete Glynn thornhill (he is on here)knows quite a lot about this also try les Hare at King Bee records in chorlton.

mark

Social source share

Saw this collection on friday, took all the singles but there were about 500 albums, the majority where what I presume is called Jazz Fusion - CTI label, Ronnie Laws, sorry my brain has gone empty but nearly all were from 1969 to 1974 by the looks of it. Anyway because I didn't know anything about them, I left them, but if anyone thinks they might be interested, I'll give you the lead for a backhander :thumbsup:

Pete,

Were the singles on the jazz fusion side of things as well ?

If so I wouldn't mind seeing a list , if that's what you have in mind eventually.

Cheers.

Social source share

As a Jazz LP dealer/collector - I'm happy to help price any stuff like this - most CTI stuff is low-value - they sold squillions in the US -and over here and in Europe - most Ronnie Laws stuff is common - great music - but very easily obtainable...£8 - £15 mark tops...mostly!! Before anybody jumps in with one that actually isn't.... :thumbsup:

But Jazz 45s? That's a different story...much more 'collectable' / rarer on 7" format as Jazz was principally an LP format, Jazz 45s are largely uncommon...

HTH.........MRez

Social source share

You said you "took all the singles" ? So I assumed that the singles were in the same musical vein as the LPs ?

No, quite the opposite, I thought they were going to be but all of the singles were 60's soul and beat, obviously from a different source than the lp's.

Social source share

No, quite the opposite, I thought they were going to be but all of the singles were 60's soul and beat, obviously from a different source than the lp's.

Jazz Fusion? CTI ? Hubert Laws Chicago Theme, Benson Good King Bad, any Prestige. Blue Note? LA pressings (solid blue lable) Donald Byrd, Ronnie Laws etc.

I used to collect a lot of that stuff back in the day wasn't anything there by PACIFIC EARDRUM was there ?

Social source share

Jazz Fusion? CTI ? Hubert Laws Chicago Theme, Benson Good King Bad, any Prestige. Blue Note? LA pressings (solid blue lable) Donald Byrd, Ronnie Laws etc.

I used to collect a lot of that stuff back in the day wasn't anything there by PACIFIC EARDRUM was there ?

I honestly can't remember, I had 5 minutes to look at them and didn't take much notice because I wasn't finding any 60's soul, sorry. Remember there was a John Coltrane album. Maybe if I try looking some stuff on the net it'll come back to me.

Social source share

What's the Pacific Eardrum LP go for nowdays ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!