Mark Res Set Sales / Monday, March 16th...all With Soundclips

Usual drill - PM me or email me directly on mail@resolutionrecords.co.uk if interested in anything here - any questions/queries welcome too. Postage is extra - I'm happy to ship anywhere globally - Cash/Chq/Paypal/IMO/Bank Transfer all accepted. Everything strictly graded - M- means very likely unplayed. If there's something else listed here that you need to get a soundfile for (b side, other EP track etc) just get in touch and I'll sort it for you - ok? Just under 60 items in total - mixture of 60s / 70s and 80s soul and a bit of Disco and Funk too and why not!!?? !!All soundclips taken from advertised records!!

***EVERY ITEM HAS A SOUNDCLIP - DIRECTLY UNDERNEATH THE ENTRY - SO DOWNLOAD AWAY***

7" Singles (45 and 33 rpm) 42 items:

6) Maxine Brown 'Am I Falling In Love' / 'Promise Me Anything' (ABC-Paramount Ex+) USA -1960s *£50*

( REDUCED FROM £60!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL issue copy of this killer oldie - cleanest copy I've ever had / seen actually - hoping this one goes to a good home..... )

maxine_brown_am_i_falling_in_love.mp3

8) Greg Perry 'It Takes Heart' (Alfa M-) USA - 1982 *£60*

( REDUCED FROM £75!! Massive Modern / Northern oldie and one of the first Northern records I ever heard actually - when I went to my first 'do' in 1982 and the DJ was playing it as a new release....always ahead of the game us Brummies, eh? )

greg_perry_it_takea_heart.mp3

13) The Astors 'Candy' / 'I Found Out' (Atlantic/red Ex+) UK - 1965 *£8*

( REDUCED FROM £15!! Late-60s pressing of the rare 1965 original - still sounding like excellent midtempo Northern Soul to me - the original middle is dinked but the wax grades very lose to M- for me...looks barely played....!! )

the_astors_candy.mp3

19) The Exciters 'Weddings Make Me Cry' (Bang Ex+) USA - 1960s *£10*

( REDUCED FROM £20!! Lovely copy of this evergreen NYC Northern classic - Herb Rooney is THE MAN............. )

the_exciters_weddings_make_me_cry.mp3

22) Jackie Wilson 'It Only Happens When I Look At You' / 'Just As Soon As The Feeling's Over' (Brunswick M-) UK - 1977 *£75*

( REDUCED FROM £90!! Jackie's rarest UK 7" release? I believe I'm also right in stating that this never got a US release on 7"? Fantastic Sam Dees-penned track on the flip too - nigh-on impossible to find here in the UK, people... )

jackie_wilson_it_only_happens_when_i_look_at_you.mp3

24) Mill Edwards 'Don't Forget About Me' / 'Use What You Got' (Bunky M-) USA - 1970s *£10*

( REDUCED FROM £20!! I think this also got a UK release - on the Action label maybe? Dunno...still - 2 good sides here.......... )

mill_edwards_dont_forget_about_me.mp3

mill_edwards_use_what_you_got.mp3

36) The Bean Brothers 'Without You' / 'Thang Goin On' (Davida M-) USA - 1980 *£20*

( REDUCED FROM £40!! Nice mid-paced Northern on topside which is starting to get a bit of interest and a funky / P-Funk-styled jam on the flip...seen @ £50+ on Funk lists.... )

the_bean_brothers_without_you.mp3

40) Chocolate + Joy 'Dog It' / 'Groove That Sexy Thing' (Disco Sex M-) USA - 1979 *£45*

( Previously unknown, uptempo Funky-Disco, now in BIG demand after being covered up on an Al Kent 'Disco Demand' comp but nigh-on impossible to find....crazy stuff.......... )

chocolate___joy_dog_it.mp3

46) Janice 'I Told You So' (Fantasy M-) USA - 1975 *£5*

( REDUCED FROM £10!! Fair price for this lovely girly/femme dancer - written by Reggie Sadler and produced by Wade Marcus...1 COPY LEFT..... )

janice_i_told_you_so.mp3

49) U.S Stamps 'We'll Find A Way' / 'Pull The Wool' (Galiko VG+) *£35*

( REDUCED FROM £45!! Cracking copy of this rare Northern oldie - seen @ £100 a few times - all the way back to the dawn of the Northern Soul scene... )

us_stamps_well_find_a_way.mp3

us_stamps_pull_the_wool.mp3

61) Little Carl Carlton 'Don't You Need A Boy Like Me' (Lando M-) USA -1960s *£30*

( REDUCED FROM £40!! Stone mint copy of this excellent Northern oldie... )

little_carl_carlton_dont_you_need_a_boy_like_me.mp3

the_tboxes_aint_enuff_love.mp3

71) Bad News Band 'Rockin On Down' (N.M.I. Ex+) USA - 1981 *£60*

( REDUCED FROM £75!! Rare, rare indie-disco private press joint from 1981 which is currently massive on several scenes - price will rise - this one is a KILLER....rare as rocking horse...clubby Disco/Funk tune which, rumour has it, will soon be featuring on a forthcoming BBE rare disco compilation by one of the "Kings Of Disco". Incredibly hard to find........few light marks on this one so priced down from £100....one copy only, again... )

bad_news_band_rockin_on_down.mp3

73) Norman T Washington 'Same Thing All Over' / 'You've Been Cheating' (Pama/blue M-) USA - 1968 *£10*

( REDUCED FROM £20!! Stunning double-sider and in a perfect Pama custom baggie too - seriously good piece kids - backed by The Mohawks, this is a wickedly funky / soul version of the Otis Redding cut and absolutely wonderful it is too...stone cold Mint and there's a great Alan Hawkshaw 'Mohawks-style' Organ solo on here as well - one copy only tho' so pls be quick if ya want this cos it will fly out.... )

norman_t_washington_same_thing_all_over.mp3

norman_t_washington_youve_been_cheating.mp3

74) Rock Gazers 'Wet Weekend' / 'Bluebird Blue' (Pilgrim M-) USA - 1976 *£30*

( REDUCED FROM £40!! Obscure 1976 Disco / Jazz / Funk instrumental - completely new to me...? Slight edge warp which doesn't affect play.........nice flip again too.... )

rock_gazers_wet_weekend.mp3

83) James Walsh Gypsy Band 'Cuz It's You Girl' (RCA Ex+) UK - 1978 *£95*

( REDUCED FROM £125!! Much rarer big 'A' Demo copy of this wonderful, blue-eyed Northern Soul / 70s oldie - will always be a biggie and SO much harder to find on UK press than on US - few light marks and a coupla crackles on the vinyl - nothing horrendous, grab a bargain...I've also got a USA M/S demo if anybody needs one too.... )

james_walsh_gypsy_band_cuz_its_you_girl.mp3

88) Rastafari 'Funky City' / 'In The Garden' (Satril M-) UK - 1973 *£60*

( Definitely UK-only and very difficult to categorise this as it straddles many different areas of music - Reggae / Northern / Funk and owes something to all of those areas - just a very, very good and very, very rare slice of black music is all - very early release on this label too - they never did much black music so that in itself only adds to the mystery - massive!! Rumour is also that Cymande are involved here - makes total sense to me now after looking @ the label / listening to it closely...b side is also pretty amazing - top-end Folk Funk inna pure Terea / Rotary Connection-vein...wikked!! Was making £100 / £125 easily when it first surfaced...grab a bargain - unplayed copy here...GUARANTEED............ )

rastafari_funky_city.mp3

rastafari_in_the_garden.mp3

93) The DT6 'Don't Doubt Me' / 'Open My Eyes' (Starla M) UK - 2009 *£6*

( DON'T MISS THIS........new Funk/Jazz sounds from sunny Glasgow and - believe me - one of THE tuffest new cuts I've heard in a while - killer riddim section and an organ player who sounds like he did his apprenticeship @ Eastbound Records in 1973 under the tutelage of Rusty Bryant - oh boy!! I only got x5 copies and the guys tell me they are only doing 500 of these so buy now or regret next year when they're going for £40 / £50 - interesting and soulful flip too........LAST COPY FROM ME HERE AND THEN THAT'S IT...... )

the_dt6_dont_doubt_me.mp3

marco_and_the_dt6_dont_doubt_me.mp3

97) Billy Eckstine 'Wish You Were Here' / 'Slender Thread' (Tamla Motown Ex+) Australia - 1960s *£30*

( REDUCED FROM £40!! Rare Aussie, solid centre press for this early Motown tune - nice midpacer

from Mickey Stevenson which never got a UK press - nice Quincy Jones cut on the flip too - has to be rare...? )

billy_eckstine_wish_you_were_here.mp3

98) Kenny Fickens 'You Got It' / 'Since You Been Gone' (Tarx M-) USA - 1969 *£30*

( REDUCED FROM £50!! Top Northern on a side and brilliant Deep Soul on flip - seems a rarie...? )

kenny_fickens_since_you_been_gone.mp3

kenny_fickens_you_got_it.mp3

111) J.R. Bailey 'Heaven On Earth' / 'After Hours' (Toy M-) USA - 1972 *£5*

( REDUCED FROM £10!! 2 wonderful JR Bailey sides for a fiver? I must be mad.........SOUNDCLIPS IN POST BELOW...1 COPY LEFT AND THEN THAT'S IT )

112) Richard Marks 'Funky Four Corners' / 'Inst' (Tuska M-) USA - 1970s *£30*

( People try telling me this is *common*..well - believe me, it ain't - no record on this obscure Atlanta, GA label is easy to find and this one's no different - sure - it ain't as rare / indemand as 'I'm The Man For You' etc etc but still a tough nut to crack - stone mint copy here......SOUNDCLIPS IN POST BELOW... )

End-of-List-Ta-Mark-Res

radiants_heartbreak_society.mp3

radiants_please_dont_leave_me.mp3

benny_troy_i_wanna_give_you_tomorrow.mp3

moon_and_mars_be_by_your_side.mp3

moon_and_mars_copper_penny.mp3

alan_haven_image.mp3

chris_kenner_i_like_it_like_that.mp3

allen_orange_miss_nosey.mp3

allen_orange_the_letter.mp3

edie_walker_a_stop_along_the_way.mp3

Edited by Guest
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 4
  • Views 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just gonna do the kids tea and will then start uploading the clips everybody - they're only getting sugar sandwiches tonite so it won't take too long... :lol::P

Social source share

List updated again - I've already sold 12 outta the 30-odd 45s I listed yesterday so I must be doing something right - still loadsa nice bits left at fair prices - well worth a look..ta to all who've bought so far...MRez

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert