Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 17
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't like individual listings as we are now back to the same old problem that kick-started the whole sales shake-up a few weeks back - people's (multi-entry) sales posts disappearing off the foot of the page after about 30 nano-seconds again - didn't Mike make a strong point about people ONLY filing individual sales posts when selling a high-value / special interest piece? Or is my fading memory doing mental gymnastics in me again...

I seem to remember that he said exactly that... :shades::lol:

MRez

Social source share

I don't like individual listings as we are now back to the same old problem that kick-started the whole sales shake-up a few weeks back - people's (multi-entry) sales posts disappearing off the foot of the page after about 30 nano-seconds again - didn't Mike make a strong point about people ONLY filing individual sales posts when selling a high-value / special interest piece? Or is my fading memory doing mental gymnastics in me again...

I seem to remember that he said exactly that... :shades::lol:

MRez

I agree completely. But even with some guys pushing the boat out by individually listing a bit too much it's still better than the old system imo. Did Mike introduce some kind of rule about a max number of sales topics per day too? Don't remember, but if there's be a max of three that would disable excessive individual listing...

Social source share

I agree completely. But even with some guys pushing the boat out by individually listing a bit too much it's still better than the old system imo. Did Mike introduce some kind of rule about a max number of sales topics per day too? Don't remember, but if there's be a max of three that would disable excessive individual listing...

How is it better this way D G? It amounts to the same thing - people's sales posts being pushed further and further down the sales page list cos sellers are listing 5 / 6 / 7 or whatever individual items all in one day, consecutively where they can and the result is still the same... blah blah......

MRez

Social source share

Well sales posts stay up on the frontpage for about 3 days as opposed to 1 day before the new rules were installed. And it's easier to see new sales/pick up a bargain. Ok there's a few pushing the boat out just a bit, bit it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be is it?

Still completely unfair - people who multi-post individual items get a big advantage over others who only post stuff up once or twice a month - people who sit on here all day just putting stuff up as they wish / when they wish. The rules now forbid people posting up individual items unless they are 'special' (how can a £25 tune be special?) and we are all collectively now also asked not to post more than 2 / 3 sales posts per day............Perfectly reasonable to me so why can't poeple just stick to the effing rules? That way people's sales posts may remain visible for 4 days rather than 2 or 3? My sales post from (late) yesterday is already dropping rapidly to the bottom of the page and that is after LESS THAN one whole day............d'ya see my point?

MRez

Social source share

It's only on the front page where they disappear isn't it? If you go to the sales forum itself they are in date and time entry are they not???

Personally think the moderator should close all sales topics once they are posted stop all the bumping of topics. I alos think the 2/3 posts a day rule is bollox, it should be just one, if they don't sell tough. List them again when they do a new list. Folk still read the sales, the only people it bothers on the front page are those selling records which appear no one wants otherwise they wouldn't have to keep bumping them :D

Edited by chalky
Social source share

I also agree completely. This was going to be added to an earlier listing of mine but if you guys that are showing so much concern actually looked at the posts today you will see that one person has made a fair few individual posts (some that dont even indicate whether they are for sale or not). If they kept on going then my earlier post would have dissapeared off of the front page, as you have already noted this is what happens.

I notice there are no similar comments on the other 5 individually posted sales for today as apposed to my 2 (within the guidelines) perhaps the aggressive posts that appear in my sale would have been better posted elswhere :D

p.s. record is still for sale if interested :ohmy:

Edited by mikecook
Social source share

People need to get an effing grip - like most others on here - I have loads and loads and loads of £25 / £35 records in me boxes - where would we be if everybody just posted up individual sales threads for £25 / £35 records? I could sit here all day doing it - but I don't, why not? Cos it's NOT FCUKING ALLOWED and for good reason......Flynny - u reading this? If so mate - I have 3 words for ya mate - GET A GRIP..................

Severely psised off......MRez

Social source share

It's only on the front page where they disappear isn't it? If you go to the sales forum itself they are in date and time entry are they not???

Personally think the moderator should close all sales topics once they are posted stop all the bumping of topics. I alos think the 2/3 posts a day rule is bollox, it should be just one, if they don't sell tough. List them again when they do a new list. Folk still read the sales, the only people it bothers on the front page are those selling records which appear no one wants otherwise they wouldn't have to keep bumping them :lol:

Agreed - well said Chalky.........

MRez

Social source share

People need to get an effing grip - like most others on here - I have loads and loads and loads of £25 / £35 records in me boxes - where would we be if everybody just posted up individual sales threads for £25 / £35 records? I could sit here all day doing it - but I don't, why not? Cos it's NOT FCUKING ALLOWED and for good reason......Flynny - u reading this? If so mate - I have 3 words for ya mate - GET A GRIP..................

Severely psised off......MRez

Thank you for aknowledging you were in the wrong thread with your comments. No hard feelings this end :rolleyes:

Social source share

Yes, in all the excitement of finally managing to upload some soundfiles onto here, I exceeded the new rule...sorry gents!

My next goal is to now master uploading more than one soundfile in a single post!

:rolleyes:

Social source share

Yes, in all the excitement of finally managing to upload some soundfiles onto here, I exceeded the new rule...sorry gents!

My next goal is to now master uploading more than one soundfile in a single post!

:rolleyes:

If you are really, really, really sorry - you would offer to buy my record for all the detracting away from the sale your new-found knowledge caused :lol::wave:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!