Top Of The Stairs Soul Club Cannock 1990 Onwards And Aquarius Etc

Guest Glawster

Guest Glawster

I've recently started a new job and have met up with Graham Cash and after chatting etc etc he's passed me a few old photos,so I said I'd post it on here for him.

post-11061-1237564268_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564289_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564316_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564344_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564373_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564401_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564435_thumb.jpg

post-11061-1237564458_thumb.jpg

Edited by Glawster
Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I've recently started a new job and have met up with Graham Cash and after chatting etc etc he's passed me a few old photos,so I said I'd post it on here for him.
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Top of The Stairs!!!! That was a great night .. Nick Philips jumping around the room, Angela usually falling up the stairs!!! Mr & Mrs Beggs always in attendance. Mad Cannock crowd .... what nights we had there!!!

Social source share

Just worked out who ya are Turntable!!

Aint that SPOOKY :thumbsup::ohmy: ,,,,,,,,

Anyway my two pennenth!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The AQUA was one of the BEST soul Nights of its era in my opinion!!

Often copied (locally), NEVER bettered!! whistling.gif

Our Guest DJs where Phenominal!! We had about 7 Great years!

We had a Yearly All Niter in the Summer , eventualy we ran with 2 rooms quite un heard of for a Soul Night at the time!

We always had a team of resident DJs , but i guess the Main Team being MORRIS "JAMES" CATTERAL, DAVE " SPOOK" RICHARDS and myself,,

Between us we had a magic formula that made people come back for more ach First Friday of the Month!! :lol:

Over the years Other Team Residents being, Eric Philips, Nige Shaw, Mick Moylan, Daz McQueen , Paul Cross, Andy Slater, Graham Cash,Col Kidson sorry if ive missed anyone.

I now look back on it as something very special, we had travellers from ALL OVER the UK!!

Thers talk of a ONE OFF Re Union later this year, it WONT be at the AQUA ( its being demolished yet AGAIN!!) , the ReUnion will be at a venue more than likely between the Central and Aquarius if all goes to plan !!

Im sure it it happens Soul Source will know about it!! :yes:

Ive posted some more memorabelia below

Nige B x :D

post-1851-1239275760_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1239275820_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1239275849_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1239275883_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1239275932_thumb.jpg

post-1851-1239276033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torchboy
Social source share

Daz,

You must have learn't something from Nige and me !!! Cos you used to spend a lot of time on stage watchin the 45's being played :lol:

I must change my avator from turntable (George Smith)

Spook

remember this nite ' a second room also' with my disco equipment'

and what a line up of djs anyone who knows me please add n get in touch

graham cash

post-16488-1239310149_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Daz,

You must have learn't something from Nige and me !!! Cos you used to spend a lot of time on stage watchin the 45's being played thumbsup.gif

I must change my laugh.gif avator from turntable (George Smith)

Spook

LOL :D Your right Spook , learnt me trade through all you guys at the Aqua , now i know the difference between a real record and a pressing :(

Social source share

ay up darren how u doin

more aqua memorabilia

lets hope the top of the stairs reunion happens

a club that was way ahead of its time hey unsure.gif

av a look at this lot keep on adding u aqua dudes

dj-grey -c (graham cash) :D

evesham chapter.........

and hi to moz' nige' mick moylan' eric phillips' spook' paul cross' rob kay & austin '

andy slater ( wherever he is now) :D

post-16488-1239363573_thumb.jpg

post-16488-1239363742_thumb.jpg

post-16488-1239363796_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Daz,

You must have learn't something from Nige and me !!! Cos you used to spend a lot of time on stage watchin the 45's being played :D

I must change my avator from turntable (George Smith)

Spook

Dont know about learning from US Spook he certainly learnt from those who sell the stuff !!

Hes been robbing me for years now!!! whistling.gif

Always does well in the East Mids, yav heard of Robin Hood ,,, hes know as "ROBBIN DAZ" around Nottingham!! :lol::lol::D

Torchboy x

Edited by Torchboy
Social source share

I've Changed my Display name from Turntable now, so maybe that will help some of you.

Below should be some photos of the Central i.e Top of The Stairs (TOS) Circa 1999. Luckily I'm not in them cos I took them :rolleyes:

They are:

Martin Bradley (currently USOS) with Mr Edwin Starr and partner (can't remember if they were married)

Janice getting "I Have Faith in You" signed by Edwin

Bob Turner and Edwin Starr with the signed shirt

Edwin handing the shirt to the winner with "Morris James" (originator TOS) in the background with the microphone.

Best

Spook

post-8842-1239803831_thumb.jpg

post-8842-1239803869_thumb.jpg

post-8842-1239803896_thumb.jpg

post-8842-1239803925_thumb.jpg

Social source share

I've Changed my Display name from Turntable now, so maybe that will help some of you.

Below should be some photos of the Central i.e Top of The Stairs (TOS) Circa 1999. Luckily I'm not in them cos I took them :rolleyes:

They are:

Martin Bradley (currently USOS) with Mr Edwin Starr and partner (can't remember if they were married)

Edwin handing the shirt to the winner with "Morris James" (originator TOS) in the background with the microphone.

Best

Spook

HEY SPOOK REMEMBER THESE TWO GUYS

1994 FAL PHOENIX DECKS

EVESHAM POSSE

SMOKIN HEY :yes:

post-16488-1239817058_thumb.jpg

post-16488-1239817092_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest SoulRenaissance

Below should be some photos of the Central i.e Top of The Stairs (TOS) Circa 1999. Luckily I'm not in them cos I took them :lol:

They are:

Best

Spook

Hi Spook. Good picture of me with Edwin, a treasured memory. It was my first soul night after coming back on the scene October 1990. I remember Steve Kennedy from then, who passed away earlier this year.

Martyn

PS

It'd be good to see you again at USOS, you missed an awesome night in January at Holmes Chapel. The last night was held in Cannock.

Social source share

Guest SoulRenaissance

Just worked out who ya are Turntable!!

Aint that SPOOKY :lol:tongue.gif ,,,,,,,,

Anyway my two pennenth!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The AQUA was one of the BEST soul Nights of its era in my opinion!!

Often copied (locally), NEVER bettered!! whistling.gif

Our Guest DJs where Phenominal!! We had about 7 Great years!

We had a Yearly All Niter in the Summer , eventualy we ran with 2 rooms quite un heard of for a Soul Night at the time!

We always had a team of resident DJs , but i guess the Main Team being MORRIS "JAMES" CATTERAL, DAVE " SPOOK" RICHARDS and myself,,

Between us we had a magic formula that made people come back for more ach First Friday of the Month!! :ohmy:

Over the years Other Team Residents being, Eric Philips, Nige Shaw, Mick Moylan, Daz McQueen , Paul Cross, Andy Slater, Graham Cash,Col Kidson sorry if ive missed anyone.

I now look back on it as something very special, we had travellers from ALL OVER the UK!!

Thers talk of a ONE OFF Re Union later this year, it WONT be at the AQUA ( its being demolished yet AGAIN!!) , the ReUnion will be at a venue more than likely between the Central and Aquarius if all goes to plan !!

Im sure it it happens Soul Source will know about it!! :yes:

Ive posted some more memorabelia below

Nige B x :yes:

Nige, hello. As far as i'm aware the Aqua is not being demolished as of March this year, i spoke to the council about it. And the Central. Now just another Chinese/ Indian restaurantnt, but can't remember which. Although they were still until recently using the top room as a bar at weekends for darts, etc.

Martyn

Social source share

Nige, hello. As far as i'm aware the Aqua is not being demolished as of March this year, i spoke to the council about it. And the Central. Now just another Chinese/ Indian restaurantnt, but can't remember which. Although they were still until recently using the top room as a bar at weekends for darts, etc.

Martyn

spent many a good nite at both of these venues, remember going to the central, in the father in laws car,(no licence just had a scooter at the time), also a mad arguement with the wife, over a record, £13 for bobby kline, the guy changed his mind and wanted £15, she said he was takin the piss and put her two penoth in...

years later this was all brought back to me, when morris gave me a dvd.. evidence to haunt me to this day lol........

Social source share

Yes we had some great nights at both the Central, and Aqua. over the years, Smokey and myself would get a lift in Aggies motor to the Central, great nights with good mates Marc Chackett, Gary Colborne, Brad, Ste. Porter, can't remember if Racker n Jill, Dyke'ie and "The Lemon" were still coming out then, But we had a laugh with Dave and June, and all the other regulars.

When i worked for Ginos i used to come straight from work Fridays, even though it always ended up with me gettong in all sorts of shite when i finally got home, sometime on Saturday.

The Aqua. also had some great memories for me, loved the class 70's stuff, Mandrill, True Image, Sidney Joe Quails etc...etc....

I remember one crazy caper involving Smokey and a Taxi he was driving, and another night where i lost Steve Porter somewhere between his house and the venue.

Times............Harpo

Social source share

Yes we had some great nights at both the Central, and Aqua. over the years, Smokey and myself would get a lift in Aggies motor to the Central, great nights with good mates Marc Chackett, Gary Colborne, Brad, Ste. Porter, can't remember if Racker n Jill, Dyke'ie and "The Lemon" were still coming out then, But we had a laugh with Dave and June, and all the other regulars.

When i worked for Ginos i used to come straight from work Fridays, even though it always ended up with me gettong in all sorts of shite when i finally got home, sometime on Saturday.

The Aqua. also had some great memories for me, loved the class 70's stuff, Mandrill, True Image, Sidney Joe Quails etc...etc....

I remember one crazy caper involving Smokey and a Taxi he was driving, and another night where i lost Steve Porter somewhere between his house and the venue.

Times............Harpo

Edited by harpo1
Social source share

Times............Harpo

lol heard you the first time harpo......
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert