soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 38
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

=================================================

Why cover it up when its known by quiet a number of collecters ?????????????????

Should add smallish number :ohmy:

link

best ask anyone who owns it and has it c/u. Not the first time this happened. Trying to think of things that have been c/u twice. Anything been c/u 3 or more times?!

Social source share

best ask anyone who owns it and has it c/u. Not the first time this happened. Trying to think of things that have been c/u twice. Anything been c/u 3 or more times?!

link

===================================================

Certain DJ,s c/up a record to make it harder to find which personally I think is

sad ,but when several DJ,s are covering up the same 45 now thats really SAD

Come on guys its a very hard 45 to find anyway there,s no need to cover it

up in the first place ?

Regards IAN C on behalf of the LMW appriciation society :ohmy::D:D

Social source share

Guest cC B

(...) but when several DJ,s are covering up the same 45 now thats really SAD. Come on guys its a very hard 45 to find anyway there,s no need to cover it

up in the first place ?

...and it's on Shifty's new auction list... Current bid £1600 or something like that... :ohmy:

Social source share

Should add smallish number ???

what is that Ian?

a cryptic clue to the artists name or label ??

I also know who it is but is it really worth £1600..

Id like it but just not sure if it will appear in quantity..

next month

hence do I spend that sort of dosh on a 70,s record

mind you saying that I cant find one anywhere and have been lookin for

it everywhere cant even find much info on the artist.

the gasher

Social source share

BECAUSE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE i too want a copy and if posting the true identity means everyone is looking for it an another person finding one which i may have had the possibility of finding first then id be pissed off .

also the fact that the people who own it have not yet uncovered it

isnt really fair IMO..so until Butch and the Big BOYS uncover it thats the way it will remain..

and to all you guys and gals looking for

Means of Escape featuring eric Lomax on Picachu..dont waste your time .

and yes it appears to be hideously obscure so far not to say that it wont appear in numbers at some point but where or when is anyones guess.

the gasher

Edited by gash99
Social source share

link

Oh how we laughed at that when Dave first got Eric Lomax in 2000 he covered it as Means of Escape i stuck a picachu sticker on the label :ohmy: and then Mick decided he would call it Eric Lomax and that name stuck ............Then Tim Browns price guide Featured "Means Of Escape" he even gave it a record number it turns out people thought Dave was playing it Uncovered :D:D so just how good are these price guides? or should i say how well researched are they :D

Edited by Louise
Social source share

BECAUSE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE i too want a copy and if posting the true identity means everyone is looking for it an another person finding one which i may have had the possibility of finding first then id be pissed off .

also the fact that the people who own it have not yet uncovered it

isnt really fair IMO..so until Butch and the Big BOYS uncover it thats the way it will remain..

and to all you guys and gals looking for

Means of Escape featuring eric Lomax on Picachu..dont waste your time .

and yes it appears to be hideously obscure so far not to say that it wont appear in numbers at some point but where or when is anyones guess.

the gasher

link

What a selfish attitude - by all of you. This is taking Keeping The Faith to extremnes...you're not meant to keep it to yourself. In the Best Unreleased Tracks thread I've sent up at least 2 tracks in full length which nobody else has got. Others have sent stuff up, yet there's always some going in the opposite direction.

When I find out who this is I'll do a mail shot to 1500 people telling them what it is.

Social source share

Guest remus

What a selfish attitude - by all of you.  This is taking Keeping The Faith to extremnes...you're not meant to keep it to yourself.  In the Best Unreleased Tracks thread I've sent up at least 2 tracks in full length which nobody else has got.  Others have sent stuff up, yet there's always some going in the opposite direction.

When I find out who this is I'll do a mail shot to 1500 people telling them what it is.

link

good on you Pete :D

Social source share

Guest James Trouble

I was having a chat with James Bell about records a few years ago. His attitude was that if you own the record then you can do what ever you like with it. I argued that if Keb had covered up his 16 corners and not told us who it was then we may not have been sat there talking about how popular his records are.

It went something like:

>JT: What if the DJ who had one of these copies covers it up. Covers the label so that no one else can see who the band is. To keep it as a secret, so it is unique to that DJ.

>JB: If it is his record he can do what he wants with it.

>JT: But if sixteen corners had been covered up, then no one would have known about you, and it would not have been a big hit again.

>JB: No I do not think that is wrong. What I believe is that you will get what is coming to you in life. If it meant for you to get more money then you will get it. I made plenty money off of Sixteen Corners when it first came out. I was satisfied. I was completely satisfied, you know. This what is happening now is a plus. Funky Sixteen Corners, has already done for me, what I wanted it to do. I was satisfied. After you are satisfied, anything else is just added onto that satisfaction

An intereesting angle from one of the people who made the records we cover up.

Edited by James Trouble
Social source share

What a selfish attitude - by all of you.  This is taking Keeping The Faith to extremnes...you're not meant to keep it to yourself.  In the Best Unreleased Tracks thread I've sent up at least 2 tracks in full length which nobody else has got.  Others have sent stuff up, yet there's always some going in the opposite direction.

link

good for you Pete ..thats so unselfish of you..

:D:D

the gasher

Social source share

link

If they're unreleased then you got an excloosiv anyway have you not Pete?

This Lomax thing is very expensive - not convinced anyone has paid less than 1g for it, and some more recent luminaries have paid progressively more - sure the Dj's want to get some of their investment back by sticking on the paper labels and keeping it that way for a time. And yes it's frustrating - as frustrating as not knowing what Belita Woods might be - which again very few people know.

Social source share

Seem to think, not the last Lifeline allnighter but the one before, I was stood chatting at the bar to Mick H when the Eric Lomax c/up came on. He said that Butch had just found another copy but it was on a different label. Guess it sounds plausible anybody know? And no I don't know the real identity of the said 45.

derek

Also it is possible Mick H was wrong and I/we both heard it wrong and I've got it mixed up....

Social source share

Seem to think, not the last Lifeline allnighter but the one before, I was stood chatting at the bar to Mick H when the Eric Lomax c/up came on. He said that Butch had just found another copy but it was on a different label. Guess it sounds plausible anybody know? And no I don't know the real identity of the said 45.

derek

Also it is possible Mick H was wrong and I/we both heard it wrong and I've got it mixed up....

link

===============================================

I heard the same thing last month that it had turned up on another label

and I know who its by and I also know Butch & Mick H,s J.J Jackson c/up :P:lol::P

Social source share

No, its true. Butch told me the same a few weeks ago while walking around in Hamburg.

marc

link

Marc, just tell us who it is, but don't mention EITHER label :lol:

Steve

Social source share

oh don't know about that..... The trumpet at the start is just superb - bets bit IMO. Wouldn't say it was a £2500 record but surely worth more than a fiver??

link

Your right about worth more than a fiver but how can you say it ain't worth £2500? Practically all the copies sold have gone for around that price and above.

Social source share

I know what the "Eric Lomax" cover up is, but I guess thats because I go to the States with Shifty and he told me what it was. Put it this way, its not gonna turn up in quantity. carl does have a copy now, he got it from Shifty, not that he has quantity or anything, just the 2 copies, one auctioned and one sold to his fishing buddy Carl!

Chris

Social source share