Zeke Strong Cover Up

Chalky

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Isn't it Johnny Moffett on Canterbury .. an old Mr Dyson spin .. am I right in thinking there are 2 versions ???

Andy

Sorry, you're wrong. It's not the take issued as by Johnny Moffett on Canterbury. It's the version issued as by John Westley on Corsair. Slightly different take despite being the very same artist.

Social source share

I would guess about £75 / £100 chalky, it's not like it's indemand (well apart from Benji wants one rolleyes.gif ) but it is harder to find than the Johnny Moffett.

The Johnny Moffett version about £30 / £40.

I think you`ll find its much much more than 75/100 UKP. The last time I remember seeing it was when it was reviewed in Rare Soul Review six/seven years ago and without having said publication at hands from my memory it was something like 200 UKP plus.. Not saying so because I am selling one, as I don´t have to sell it and will be happy to keep it.

Marc

Social source share

I would guess about £75 / £100 chalky, it's not like it's indemand (well apart from Benji wants one rolleyes.gif ) but it is harder to find than the Johnny Moffett.

The Johnny Moffett version about £30 / £40.

how different are the two releases? The one I posted initially doesn't sound too far from the sound clip of JM on John Manships site?

Social source share

I think you`ll find its much much more than 75/100 UKP. The last time I remember seeing it was when it was reviewed in Rare Soul Review six/seven years ago and without having said publication at hands from my memory it was something like 200 UKP plus.. Not saying so because I am selling one, as I don´t have to sell it and will be happy to keep it.

Marc

Yes, but it's not very good, is it ? I've only kept mine because I collect west coast labels, especially yellow ones :lol: Always wanted to find a use for this emticon, knew it would come in handy one day.

Social source share

Yes, but it's not very good, is it ? I've only kept mine because I collect west coast labels, especially yellow ones :unsure: Always wanted to find a use for this emticon, knew it would come in handy one day.

Oh, I think its quite catchy actually. I digged out said magazine and its in # 1, being reviewed for the flipside being an extremely rare and semi-known R&B track with a price tag of 300 UKP already seven years ago.

TB believes that John Wesley/John Westley/Johnny Moffett are one and the same person...closer inspection of the 45 revealed that both sides are written by Moffet/Wesley....so if John W. was not looking to earn a doubled income from his writing they hardly can be one and the very same person, can they ?

Marc

Social source share

Oh, I think its quite catchy actually. I digged out said magazine and its in # 1, being reviewed for the flipside being an extremely rare and semi-known R&B track with a price tag of 300 UKP already seven years ago.

TB believes that John Wesley/John Westley/Johnny Moffett are one and the same person...closer inspection of the 45 revealed that both sides are written by Moffet/Wesley....so if John W. was not looking to earn a doubled income from his writing they hardly can be one and the very same person, can they ?

Marc

Marc,

John Westley and Johnny Moffett are one and the same. Wesley was Johnny Moffetts middle name.

As with most of TBs valuations I seriously doubt the 300 quid price tag. A record is only worth what someone pays for it, not what someone wants for it. Can't find it now but there was a copy on Ebay either end of last or beginning of this year and it either didn't sell or went rather cheap. Does anybody else remember that?

I don't want a copy because I think it's an excellent track (infact I think it's rather mediocre) but for nostalgic reasons. So if anybody wants to sell me a copy I offer 200 quid. (will put that in Wants section as well)

Social source share

• 10 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!