Calling All Hoarders - Sorry - Collectors

Guest vinylvixen

Guest vinylvixen

Dear All, the date is drawing nearer for the Island 50th anniversary. I've been helping with the book and now we're onto the exhibition....and it's contents. This is where you all come in - I need some gaps filling and maybe, just maybe, some of you will have something stashed away in your vast personal archives :thumbsup::(

OK, eyes down - I need anything along the lines of programmes, ticket stubs, posters, handbills/ flyers, photos, t-shirts, promo items, picture sleeves to do with the following artists - but all originating in the UK. However insignificant you may think it is, let me know and I'll cast my beady eye over it....

Lord Creator

Millie Small

Skatalites (early 6Ts)

Sue Records

Spencer Davis

Bob and Earl

Inez & Charlie Foxx

Wynder K Frog

Traffic

Spooky Tooth

Free

Fairport Convention

Nirvana (6Ts)

Jethro Tull

Nick Drake

Bad Company

Roxy/ Eno/ Fripp/ Crimson

Kevin Ayers/ Ayres

Bob Marley - (7Ts)

Eddie & Hot Rods

Ultravox (pre Midge)

Slits

Hi Tension

PM me if you have anything to do with any of the above....I love you all :lol: xx

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Dear All, the date is drawing nearer for the Island 50th anniversary. I've been helping with the book and now we're onto the exhibition....and it's contents. This is where you all come in - I need some gaps filling and maybe, just maybe, some of you will have something stashed away in your vast personal archives :thumbsup::(

OK, eyes down - I need anything along the lines of programmes, ticket stubs, posters, handbills/ flyers, photos, t-shirts, promo items, picture sleeves to do with the following artists - but all originating in the UK. However insignificant you may think it is, let me know and I'll cast my beady eye over it....

Lord Creator

Millie Small

Skatalites (early 6Ts)

Sue Records

Spencer Davis

Bob and Earl

Inez & Charlie Foxx

Wynder K Frog

Traffic

Spooky Tooth

Free

Fairport Convention

Nirvana (6Ts)

Jethro Tull

Nick Drake

Bad Company

Roxy/ Eno/ Fripp/ Crimson

Kevin Ayers/ Ayres

Bob Marley - (7Ts)

Eddie & Hot Rods

Ultravox (pre Midge)

Slits

Hi Tension

PM me if you have anything to do with any of the above....I love you all :lol: xx

Hi Jo,

I'll have to dig into that box of stuff under the stairs but I'm pretty sure that I've still got the programme for the Island 25th Anniversary do which was @ Shepperton Studios and was the bash of the year!

I'll have a rummage and see what I can find. I've still got my Millie Small 12" which I reissued on the 25th anniversary as it was the record which started it all off for Chris Blackwell and I think it may be the only time it actually came out on Island as it was originally issued on Fontana, so a nice little bit of history there - see scan.

Have you spoken with Susette Newman? She'll probably have an archive of everything.........

post-9434-1237814559_thumb.jpg

Will PM ya and see what I can dig out.......

And I will require an invite LOL!

Ian D biggrin.gif

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Hi Jo,

I'll have to dig into that box of stuff under the stairs but I'm pretty sure that I've still got the programme for the Island 25th Anniversary do which was @ Shepperton Studios and was the bash of the year!

I'll have a rummage and see what I can find. I've still got my Millie Small 12" which I reissued on the 25th anniversary as it was the record which started it all off for Chris Blackwell and I think it may be the only time it actually came out on Island as it was originally issued on Fontana, so a nice little bit of history there - see scan.

Have you spoken with Susette Newman? She'll probably have an archive of everything.........

post-9434-1237814559_thumb.jpg

Will PM ya and see what I can dig out.......

And I will require an invite LOL!

Ian D :(

You spooky thing....my finger was hovering over your name to send you a PM when this message appeared. Tellypathetic, eh :lol: PM me and we'll chat...Susette has been spoken to :thumbsup: Jo xx

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Hope these will help, cant find my wynder k frog green door at the moment.post-3329-1237818486_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818496_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818505_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818515_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818526_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818536_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818548_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818556_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818814_thumb.jpg

Pete Griff

Edited by Pete Griffin
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Hope these will help, cant find my wynder k frog green door at the moment.post-3329-1237818486_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818496_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818505_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818515_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818526_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818536_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818548_thumb.jpgpost-3329-1237818556_thumb.jpg

post-3329-1237818814_thumb.jpg

Pete Griff

Pete, I'll double check which labels we've got scans of, but I'm quite happy to 'look after' your Mr Dynamite :ohmy: What does the stamped message say on the label....

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Pete, I'll double check which labels we've got scans of, but I'm quite happy to 'look after' your Mr Dynamite :ohmy: What does the stamped message say on the label....

Think its a address in London, all i can read is, think its " s mart" and the other bit i can read is London, and above that there is a word that ends i think in ello or euo? laugh.gif its to smudged.

Pete Griff

Edited by Pete Griffin
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert