Northern Soul Mentioned On Antiques Roadshow

sepia

was watching priceless antiques roadshow on bbc2.

looking back over the years,tonights was about fakes(had to watch cause im OAO only).

i knew eric knowles is a northern fan.

just said he was a northern soul boy,who in his youth danced the night away listening to obscure rare r&b soul music.

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

was watching priceless antiques roadshow on bbc2.

looking back over the years,tonights was about fakes(had to watch cause im OAO only).

i knew eric knowles is a northern fan.

just said he was a northern soul boy,who in his youth danced the night away listening to obscure rare r&b soul music.

The story goes that he was one of the original promoters of Burnley Cricket Club soul nights way back. But you'd have to confirm that with a few older lads from Burnley as I only go back as far as The Kiethley Green, The Concord and The 110club etc

Kev :)

Social source share

The story goes that he was one of the original promoters of Burnley Cricket Club soul nights way back. But you'd have to confirm that with a few older lads from Burnley as I only go back as far as The Kiethley Green, The Concord and The 110club etc

Kev :)

I have just done my BA(Hons) Antiques & Design and Eric Knowles was the fellow of my course.

There was a thread on here a couple of years ago about him having a fantastic northern soul knowledge and record collection that funnily enough coincided with him coming to the University to give our class a talk on Tiffany glass.

Anyway, after the talk I asked him about his northern soul past and believe me people he knows absolutely nothing about northern soul. And he definitely does not have a top record collection.

He said his only connection to northern soul music was from his youth club days. But he did say that he was a big R&B and Blues fan to this day.

He also said that what put him off northern soul was all the recreational substances people were taking.

That said, he is a really lovely man, very funny and has the most incredible memory.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert