Crossfire London Oldies Nighter Easter Sunday

Dear Mr.Croasdell its been a long time since I've seen you in the flesh,3 hypothetical questions,1st. Is there any reason why Ian's not posting about Crossfire, is he banned again? 2nd. Is he doing a 1 hour spot or more? ,3rd.Is he up for the 100 club this year? You've got plenty of time to tell me,see you there with a car load,have a nice easter Ady and family.

Cheers Billy.

Wotcher William,

He ain't banned but he's a bit tired of some of the flak he gets so is probably keeping a low profile.

One solid hour.

We've not discussed the 100 Club but I doubt if he'd want to do an oldies spot there and at the moment that's his bag.

Look forward to seeing you occilate.

Ady

• Replies 78
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wotcher William,

He ain't banned but he's a bit tired of some of the flak he gets so is probably keeping a low profile.

One solid hour.

We've not discussed the 100 Club but I doubt if he'd want to do an oldies spot there and at the moment that's his bag.

Look forward to seeing you occilate.

Ady

like wise ady :P

Is there any reason why Ian's not posting about Crossfire, is he banned again?

I'm not banned but I have a stalker on here who's managed to get my thread closed again. So I'm not happy.

But I AM happy to be friends with Ady Croasdell again and to be playing classic REAL NORTHERN SOUL oldies on Sunday night for him.

You will NOT be hearing me play stuff like "Kings Go Forth", of that you can be bloody certain.

No it's not.

I'm playing oldies at Crossfire because you asked me to.

Between me and my mate Gavin, there are very few records we don't have access to, and I got a box full of undiscovered Northern unknowns, and I just spent the last four months sorting out my entire collection of eighty thousand records, while I was doing those soul packs, and I've pulled out stuff for my DJ box that you wouldn't begin to believe.

Remember I still do have eighty thousand or thereabouts, and the laws of averages dictate that means I could still do a pretty stunning spot of great records and open a few peoples' eyes.

No it's not.

I'm playing oldies at Crossfire because you asked me to.

Between me and my mate Gavin, there are very few records we don't have access to, and I got a box full of undiscovered Northern unknowns, and I just spent the last four months sorting out my entire collection of eighty thousand records, while I was doing those soul packs, and I've pulled out stuff for my DJ box that you wouldn't begin to believe.

Remember I still do have eighty thousand or thereabouts, and the laws of averages dictate that means I could still do a pretty stunning spot of great records and open a few peoples' eyes.

I stand corrected.

I'm not banned but I have a stalker on here who's managed to get my thread closed again. So I'm not happy.

But I AM happy to be friends with Ady Croasdell again and to be playing classic REAL NORTHERN SOUL oldies on Sunday night for him.

You will NOT be hearing me play stuff like "Kings Go Forth", of that you can be bloody certain.

And i cant see GINGER playing the FOUR VANDALS either!! :D:thumbup:

Looking forward to tomoz

Nige b x

Guest Matt Male

And i cant see GINGER playing the FOUR VANDALS either!! :D:thumbup:

Looking forward to tomoz

Nige b x

Gonna be a good one Nige, see you there mate. Just sorry i can't be at the Marrs Bar as well. No chance of a satillite link up between James and Ian's spots where they double deck from other sides of the country i suppose? Now that would be something! laugh.gif

I stand corrected.

Thank you. And I'm appreciative that you said so.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

New Doctor Who, and DJ'ing for the first time in six years, all on the same weekend.

And i cant see GINGER playing the FOUR VANDALS either!!

He still loves the record.

He bought it off Butch - it was nothing to do with me - I was horrified. Butch bought it for mere pennies off a guy in Carolina.

Anyway, I shall be playing it myself, proud and thoroughly unrepentant.

Gonna be a good one Nige, see you there mate. Just sorry i can't be at the Marrs Bar as well. No chance of a satillite link up between James and Ian's spots where they double deck from other sides of the country i suppose? Now that would be something!

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever DJ ANYWHERE with "that" person.

Guest DonnaD

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever DJ ANYWHERE with "that" person.

:thumbsup:

Not sorted them yet Ian and I'm off to Angelo's birthday do but it's around then we said sometime between 1 and 3 I think, I'll do 'em early tomorrow, hangover dependant.

Ady

====

do the last hour more often than not often the best spot !

be good to see big bad GAV again

cu sunday guys!

be good to see big bad GAV again

cu sunday guys!

Gavin will be there in all his six foot eight glory.

He might be banned from Soul Source, but I am proud to have him with me on Sunday.

Guest andyrattigan

Ian Levine at the 100 Club , with 400 unkowns ? Can someone record it for me smile.gif

I hear he will be double decking with James Trouble

Looking forward tomorrow night.

I need a healthy dose of Soul Music.

A question for Mr levine will you please play some of the sublime 7ts style Mecca Sounds you championed at that infamous club I was too young too frequent or is it a purely 6ts set you will be doing?

Ady please bring Little Ann's Sweep it out in the shed and give it a spin for me. Id be Mighty grateful :unsure:

See any of you rascals I know there tomorrow. thumbsup.gif

Edited by andyrattigan

A question for Mr levine will you please play some of the sublime 7ts style Mecca Sounds you championed at that infamous club I was too young too frequent or is it a purely 6ts set you will be doing?

I'm doing a mostly sixties oldies set, because that's what the venue dictates.

Funnily enough, having sorted out my entire collection, I have recently found more unknown or semi-known seventies Mecca type discoveries than I ever have in my life - the quality of some of them has staggered my mind.

I'm doing a mostly sixties oldies set, because that's what the venue dictates.

Funnily enough, having sorted out my entire collection, I have recently found more unknown or semi-known seventies Mecca type discoveries than I ever have in my life - the quality of some of them has staggered my mind.

====

whats the post code please ADY???

OK barring seizures, terrorist attacks and tantrums, the times for tonight will be.

Doors Open at 10 pm

10-11 Mick Smith

11-12 Roger Stewart

Midnight to 12.30ish The Flirtations and band

12.30-1.30 Keb

1.30-2.30 Ian Levine

2.30-3.30 Ginger

3.30 to 4.30 Mick Smith

4.30-5 Roger Stewart

5-5.30 Keb

5.30-6 Ady