Maurci Label

Somebody had a nice one sided Monique 108 - 'I wouldn't believe' for sale on here last year, really nice to have that as well as the 108 coupling and the 104 release...

The track, the name, the Label, got it all as they say!!!

Mal :unsure:

Social source share

Somebody had a nice one sided Monique 108 - 'I wouldn't believe' for sale on here last year, really nice to have that as well as the 108 coupling and the 104 release...

The track, the name, the Label, got it all as they say!!!

Mal :D

'I Wouldn't Believe' is my fave side by a mile.

Wasn't too bothered about the others, only this side, so that one sided demo would have been perfect for me :g:

Have got it now though. Classic tunes, one and all! :unsure:

Social source share

'I Wouldn't Believe' is my fave side by a mile.

Wasn't too bothered about the others, only this side, so that one sided demo would have been perfect for me :g:

Have got it now though. Classic tunes, one and all! :unsure:

Dave Flynn always championed 'I Wouldn't Believe' and I'm told Derek P also spins it occasionally... I do like it, you cant really compare to the other two though as its a totally different type of track, if you know what I mean.

:D M

Social source share

Dave Flynn always championed 'I Wouldn't Believe' and I'm told Derek P also spins it occasionally... I do like it, you cant really compare to the other two though as its a totally different type of track, if you know what I mean.

Too right...a proper messy powerhouse slab o'Chicago Soul! There is also an instrumental of it on Maurci too!

Label designs...also plain green, and yellow label designs and about x3 different font variations across the numbers too!

:unsure:

Social source share

Too right...a proper messy powerhouse slab o'Chicago Soul! There is also an instrumental of it on Maurci too!

Label designs...also plain green, and yellow label designs and about x3 different font variations across the numbers too!

Wow I never heard of that, is that single sided, or as a flip of never let me go?

M

Social source share

:D M

It is absolutely nothing like the others which is why I wasn't comparing them.

Like I said, they are classic tunes, stunning in fact.

It's just that I prefer IWB. No biggie :unsure:

Social source share

Didn't know about there was an instrumental.

Don't suppose you'd care to throw it up on here would you Dave? :D

Social source share

I have a one-sided "I wouldn't believe' and have been playing it out here for a decade+, totally best thing on the label. Also have the instrumental version by the Tri-Ems (Maurci 111) but it's really blah unfortunately.

Can you put it up on here for us to have a listen please?

And I totally agree, IWB is fab!

Social source share

i got mine on the gold label 104 if you love me flip never let me go ............is ther any diference in value as i was told mine was the more desirable

infact i aint never seen a gold label apart from mine :g: am geting a bot botherd about this now

Edited by steptoe
Social source share

i got mine on the gold label 104 if you love me flip never let me go ............is ther any diference in value as i was told mine was the more desirable

infact i aint never seen a gold label apart from mine :g: am geting a bot botherd about this now

i find that puzzling. all i ever saw were gold copies of 104 until i saw andy dyson with a red and white one in the early 90s

either way there is no difference in value or at least there shouldnt be

dave

Social source share

i find that puzzling. all i ever saw were gold copies of 104 until i saw andy dyson with a red and white one in the early 90s

either way there is no difference in value or at least there shouldnt be

dave

ok thanks in one way am relieved but on the other hand i paid stupid money only last year seller told me it was more desirable not that that influanced me i just couldent find one now there sprining up two at a time . all i seen is red and white one's letely

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...

Howdy y'all, found this old thread in a general cyber trawl for info on this particular M-111 release. Not listed in Manship's book, not in Discog's Maurci listing, no reference to it on Popsike. In fact, the only internet reference to it I could find lead me to this page, and I see it get's a reference above.

'I Wouldn't Believe' is , indeed, an inst of Monique M-108, and there's plenty of references to it's M-112 release, with 'Teapot' on the flip, but M-111 has this weird, gritty inst 'Tracking' on the flip, which kinda reminds me of the unreleased Alvin Cash chugger 'Sweatin' , Guy's old Stanley Mitchell c/u.

Any idea of a sales price? It's nothing brilliant, definately a Mod club sound if not out-an-out Northern style...

Trie-ems Maurci - Wouldn't.jpg

Tri-Ems Maurci Tracking.jpg

Social source share

I have always heard that The Maurci label was owned by Gene Chandler and Simtec Simmons.  But, I would guess that Maurice Jackson was a third owner.  And, I wonder who "Greene" was.

I've got 101 through 109

101 - Monique - Nobody's Baby(Am I)/Truth (Red)

102 - Three Jades - Makes My World Go Round/I Care For You (green)

103 - Three Jades - Show Me Your Way/Come On Let's Party (yellow)

104 - Monique - If You Love Me/Never Let Me Go (gold also red-orange & white)

105 - Simtec Simmons - Tea Pot/Tea Box (gold also red-orange & white)

106 - Computer and Little Fooler - Computing/SW-W-WIS-S-SH (gold also pink & white)

107 - Simtec Simmons Band - Limber Up/Cooling It Now (pink & white)

108 - Monique - I Wouldn't Believe/Never Let Me Go (pink & white)

109 - Simtec Simmons Band - Computing/Coming On Strong(With It) (yellow)

111 - Tri-Ems - I Wouldn't Believe/Tracking (yellow&Red)

Does anyone know what 110 is?

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

3 hours ago, RobbK said:

Then that must be true.  It's clear that Jackson ran the label.  But, I'm pretty sure that Gene Chandler was an investor partner.

He did own it along with his wife and the label named after their daughter.  I read this in a message on line from his wife in response to some writing about something or other to do with the Three Jades.  She also named the Three Jades.

Social source share

what Maura said.....

Maura Jackson
Mardi 23 Août 2016 à 03:21

Whom ever you are, my name is Maura Jackson. I Was President of Tri-em Records, Maurice was my husband, deceased May 30, 1979. Maurci (Jackson) was my daughter age 4 at the time we named the label aussi deceased January 8 , 2002 of beast cancer .. Dennis Turner is deceased. I Heard from Michael Hiller few years ago purpose Was Unable to contact him back.  I saw Oliver Locke a number of years ago and that's all the contact I've had with any them since. But Michael contacted me to let me know the music was all over the internet. 

We had three labels: Maurci: the major one, Tri-Em: for the gospel, etc. and one called Three Jades.  

I lost copies of all my records many years ago and was searching online for "Come on Let's Party" when I came across you talking about Maurci Records and the Three Jades. I thought I would introduce myself.

And oh yes, I,ii be eighty tomorrow.

Yours sincerely,

Maura Jackson,                                                                                                                                                 

Tri Em Record  Productions

Social source share

Thanks.  I see that Gene Chandler and Simtec Simmons being involved in the ownership was, apparently, just a fan rumour.  The Chandler who wrote "Truth" for Monique may not even have been Gene, but possibly Kermit.  Too bad that information-seeker didn't ask her who Monique was.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

16 minutes ago, RobbK said:

Thanks.  I see that Gene Chandler and Simtec Simmons being involved in the ownership was, apparently, just a fan rumour.  The Chandler who wrote "Truth" for Monique may not even have been Gene, but possibly Kermit.  Too bad that information-seeker didn't ask her who Monique was.

She left an email address so I have emailed her and asked.

Social source share

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 02/09/2018 at 08:07, Chalky said:

what Maura said.....

Maura Jackson
Mardi 23 Août 2016 à 03:21

Whom ever you are, my name is Maura Jackson. I Was President of Tri-em Records, Maurice was my husband, deceased May 30, 1979. Maurci (Jackson) was my daughter age 4 at the time we named the label aussi deceased January 8 , 2002 of beast cancer .. Dennis Turner is deceased. I Heard from Michael Hiller few years ago purpose Was Unable to contact him back.  I saw Oliver Locke a number of years ago and that's all the contact I've had with any them since. But Michael contacted me to let me know the music was all over the internet. 

We had three labels: Maurci: the major one, Tri-Em: for the gospel, etc. and one called Three Jades.  

I lost copies of all my records many years ago and was searching online for "Come on Let's Party" when I came across you talking about Maurci Records and the Three Jades. I thought I would introduce myself.

And oh yes, I,ii be eighty tomorrow.

Yours sincerely,

Maura Jackson,                                                                                                                                                 

Tri Em Record  Productions

We may have a Maurice Senior (RIP 1979) and then Maurice Jackson Junior, as I found this site where Maurice was/is still active

I don't like assuming so need help please

https://mauricejacksonmusic.com/music

This may have been covered before so please send me there

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/11/2021 at 17:04, Blackpoolsoul said:

I knew I had seen it mentioned somewhere and it was Tim Brown last year, but to be fair he didn't say Dave direct

https://www.raresoulvinyl.co.uk/saleslist/LIST_780.pdf

it was me who asked Dave Hamilton about the Topper/Mauci backings, he shrugged his shoulders and said he didn't know what I was talking about. 1990 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!