Favorite Precisions Track

What a great group the Precisions are with many underated sounds because they are (Relatively) easy to obtain. But as with our scene the two corking rarities as well. Superb harmonies, great backings, Detroit productions.

Its hard to call but mines probablly the cheapest of the lot "If this is love( then I'd rather be lonely)"

What do you rate as your favorite Precisions track ?

over to you.......

ps anybody got any pictures ???

:lol::P :P OK LOOKS LIKE THERE IS PLENTY OF INTEREST IN THIS FAB GROUP COME AND SEE THEM LIVE AT PRESTATYN 2006 !!!!!!!! ROB (sat 3.15 PM) :P:P

Edited by consdad
Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Johnny One Trout

What a great group the Precisions are with many underated sounds because they are (Relatively) easy to obtain. But as with our scene the two corking rarities as well. Superb harmonies, great backings, Detroit productions.

Its hard to call but mines probablly the cheapest of the lot "If this is love( then I'd rather be lonely)"

over to you.......

link

I'd agree with that call C-Daddy superb soul music

BTW i have loads of pictures can you be more specific as to what pictures you want :lol:

Edited by Johnny One Trout
Social source share

BTW i have loads of pictures can you be more specific as to what pictures you want  :lol:

link

Any Picures of the Precisions together ie publicity shots, or maybe performing in Detroit

thanks

rob

Social source share

Guest cC B

I like most of their tracks, except their big-money-item 'Sugar ain't sweet' :P No wonder it was never released :lol:

CB

Edited by cC B
Social source share

I would go for Instant Heartbreak (just add tears) for the clever lyrics and great string section.

re the pictures, Rob, are you forming look-alike groups for Prestatyn? I'd like to see Lester Typton, Jimmy Radcliffe & Tammi Terrel please!

Social source share

I would go for Instant Heartbreak (just add tears) for the clever lyrics and great string section.

re the pictures, Rob, are you forming  look-alike groups for Prestatyn? I'd like to see Lester Typton, Jimmy Radcliffe & Tammi Terrel please!

link

SIMON, WHO NEEDS LOOK A LIKES :lol: ?

Edited by consdad
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

:P   ok over me head !!

But

have you got the one of Rob Thomas behind the counter of his Spar shop in Louth smiling at the customers ??

link

No but i have heard a rumour that he did smile once whether anyone managed to capture that on film is now just urban myth :lol::P

Social source share

BTW i have loads of pictures can you be more specific as to what pictures you want  :lol:

link

Probberly the worst record i ever record i ever owned,but looked great when i found it i thought i must have found the next 6ts soul biggie,little inde label looked super,50p cant go wrong,it was actualy Dave Blocker & precisions,anybody els seen this?,pobberly being used right now as brill spinner,the cds they are too light!so you dont get the distance!,best thing is it is probberly v/rare Detroit item worth squillions,if anybody knows it would be interesting not like me.... :P

Social source share

Caught himself on his own CCTV but destoryed the Video tape so I'm told

kenny is this the same Precisions ?

link

How many are there from detroit,and mr Blocker is from that part of the USA me thinks,i will try to find out more but would not hold your breath!,last person who had this my mate K Moore,so might be able to put a title on it,not sure funny thing he rang only 20mins ago!,but as to work teacher you know,thats kev not me,very inportant job,so try later?...... :lol:

Social source share

over to you.......

link

SUCH MISERY---DREW :P:lol:

Social source share

Alot of off topic posts on this thread......so back to the precisions...

For me its got to be a tie..

"If this is love" and "Such Misery"

A good three in a row when D.Jing is:

The Precisions....If this is love.

The Ideals....Might Lover.

The Metro's....Since I found my baby.

All three gel together very nicely. Three quality tracks too.

Social source share

I like the one with the same number as suger aint sweet,but less rare cant think whats called at mo!got such misary,and if this is love,to me all classic and very good....Ken

Social source share

over to you.......

link

"If this is love" was my first Northern 45 and it made me hunger for more. It started the whole interest for Northern, so for me, it's very special. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!