Mamie Galore It Aint Necssesary

hi please help as im sure someone will i have 2 copys of mamie galore it aint necssesary

on pinkish st lawrence labels same markings on both run outs , but on one label 2 globes with st lawrence running through middle of globes on both sides

below to the left centre hole about halfway is overcome pub.co

on the other copy, st lawrence running through just at the bottom of the globe on other side,theres st lawrence but no globe,but below to the left centre hole again halfway down is cragvee & overcome pub.co thanks in advance vince

Edited by Guest
Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

hi please help as im sure someone will i have 2 copys of mamie galore it aint necssesary

on pinkish st lawrence labels same markings on both run outs , but on one label 2 globes with st lawrence running through middle of globes on both sides

on the other copy, st lawrence running through just at the bottom of the globe on other side,theres st lawrence but no globe,but below to the left centre hole again halfway down is cragvee & overcome pub.co thanks in advance vince

er dunno ! sounds confusing but maybe both originals just different pressing plants as jm's book says nothing about 2nd issues/boots on mamie galore but does on other st lawrence releases (johnny sayles,butch baker) ...

Social source share

My original has Cragvee & Overcome Pub. Co. on the left side and the St. Lawrence on the bottom of the globe. Not sure if the first one you mentioned is a later pressing or a bootleg .

Social source share

My original has Cragvee & Overcome Pub. Co. on the left side and the St. Lawrence on the bottom of the globe. Not sure if the first one you mentioned is a later pressing or a bootleg .

not sure about mamie but the distinction with other st lawrence bootlegs was they were missing the address beneath the globe or the artist and title .around the edge of the label.think that was case wi case wi johnny sayles.(says me,who knows f*** all,ha)

Social source share

This is my copy, believe to be an original.

P :shades:

post-9683-1238800902_thumb.jpg

Edited by paup-ine
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!