Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma

Guest Ollie Lailey

Guest Ollie Lailey

Crystal Palace Soul @ The Alma

95 Church Road

Crystal Palace

London

SE19

The only Northern Soul + Funk night in Crystal Palace! With Dj's playing uptempo Soul And Funk 45's for your dancing pleasure till the early hours!

DEEJAYS

Vic Ranger (Shotgun)

Ady Lupton (Va Va Voom)

Joel Maslin (Crossfire)

Jake Lingwood (Stag O' Lee)

Ollie Lailey (Crystal Palace Soul)

With recession busting free entry!

Join the facebook group at - https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6221...gid=62212339511

All set to be another great night!

post-4648-1238769578_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238769622_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238769656_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238769696_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238769884_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238769982_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1238770036_thumb.jpg

post-4648-1244561480_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ollie Lailey
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 19
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Only a month to go before our next Palace Soul night in London. There will be a free CD for the first 40 through the door (and its a free night so its win win for you lucky people), so hope some of you can make it down.

Stuff on the cd will include:

George 'Juke' Byrd - I Know I'm In Love With You

Dynamic Adam - Forgive Me

Clarence Reid - I'm Your Yes Man

Stevens & Foster - I Wanna Be Love

Deon Jackson - Thats What You Do To Me

And loads more! smile.gif

Cheers, Palace Soul crew

Guest Ollie Lailey

Only a month to go before our next Palace Soul night in London. There will be a free CD for the first 40 through the door (and its a free night so its win win for you lucky people), so hope some of you can make it down.

Stuff on the cd will include:

George 'Juke' Byrd - I Know I'm In Love With You

Dynamic Adam - Forgive Me

Clarence Reid - I'm Your Yes Man

Stevens & Foster - I Wanna Be Love

Deon Jackson - Thats What You Do To Me

And loads more! :unsure:

Cheers, Palace Soul crew

Yeah the CD is shaping up to be an event on its own! some great records going on it and showcasing the "Crystal Palace Sound" :thumbsup::unsure:

The last do was brilliant and this one is gonna be bigger and better!

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ollie Lailey

Also anyone who might be driving down there is parking in the streets nearby or in sainsburys car park 2 mins away.

Just spoke to the staff at the venue and they are really excited about it, and have had lots of people showing an intrest!

Maybe Crystal Palace is a hot bed of secret soul fans!

Anyway we will be playing soul and funk 45's till daybreak all for free and throwing in a free CD! Now thats value for money!

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Guest Ollie Lailey

hey, not 100% but i recon you will be alright. When I next speak to the staff i'll ask if they shut the door at anytime and i'll let you know for sure.

cheers

Ollie

Not long for this now, have posted up some info on how to get here easily from central london on the events section for july 11th. Cheers! thumbup.gif

Hi mate,

am up in London staying in the centre. Is ya venue close to the railway station/easy to find. Fancy popping down for a few hours depending on the trains

regards

Ian n Odette

Guest Ollie Lailey

Hi mate,

am up in London staying in the centre. Is ya venue close to the railway station/easy to find. Fancy popping down for a few hours depending on the trains

regards

Ian n Odette

Be great if you can make it down. The station is about a 5-10 min walk, just come out the station walk up Anerley Hill and turn left at the lights and walk down church road to the next set of lights and Roberts your auntys live-in lover. A train from Victoria takes about 20 mins or so. Also the N3 night bus runs from Crystal Palace to Central London so you can stay till the end!

Also spoke to the venue and they don't shut the door so anyone can turn up anytime.

ttfn

ollie

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Guest Ollie Lailey

Don't seem to be much going on in town this coming saturday so why not make a night of it? For those of you who like the finer things in life get you backsides down to Crystal Palace early doors and go for a bite at Joanna's https://www.joannas.uk.com/ one of the finest restraunts in SE London with excellent views of the City London and top flight service. After that take a stroll dowm to the alma to hear some great Djs playing some fantastic soul music!

sounds alright to me!

ttfn

ollie

i'm coming back from Wales tomorrow, 5 hour drive and then back in lovely (and hot, i hear) sarf london. can't wait for Crystal Palace Soul! will osort our the tunes and get down there earlyish. 8pm? let me know if you chaps need me to bring anything apart from records. hope i don't get kidnapped this time...

get in!!

jx

I'll be popping in - meant to go to the last one but never made it for some reason.

It's some time since I've been in The Alma tho' it used to be a regular haunt on a Sunday lunchtime (pint of Heineken Export and cheese and crackers on the bar - easly pleased thumbsup.gif) and of course it had a good screen for watching the Palacesmile.gif.

Has it got a dancefloor now?

Guest Ollie Lailey

I'll be popping in - meant to go to the last one but never made it for some reason.

It's some time since I've been in The Alma tho' it used to be a regular haunt on a Sunday lunchtime (pint of Heineken Export and cheese and crackers on the bar - easly pleased thumbsup.gif) and of course it had a good screen for watching the Palacesmile.gif.

Has it got a dancefloor now?

Yeah would be good to see ya! Its changed in there a bit, its a music pub with lots of bands and what have you now, not so much of a tradtional boozer, still got character though. No dedicated dancefloor as such but a nice wooden floor so with some shifting of a pool table and moving some tables were gonna have a nice space for a dance!

Edited by Ollie Lailey

Source Advert