Lightwater - Saturday 4 April

I'd just like to say how much I enjoyed Lightwater last night, hadn't been out since Prestatyn due to not feeling that good, so it was nice to hear some good music and see friends.

A particular thank you to Karen for doing the driving from Potters Bar, much appreciated.

All the DJs did good sets, particularly enjoyed Adele and John who were on between 8 and 9, they played some excellent uptempo Modern Soul including a couple of my favourites: Evening Of Love by the Main Ingredient and Richard Darbyshire's This I Swear.

The top Northern Soul record played for me was Little Tommy's Baby Can't You See, bit out of my range pricewise unfortunately; not quite sure if it was Bearsy who played it or his double decking partner.

I've only been to Lightwater 3 times but each time have enjoyed myself. Thanks ot Moldie and co.

• Replies 16
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was this a semi-secret event or something? I'd have gone if I'd known it was definitely on!

don't think it was advertised as much as it could have been..

good night.. thought all the dj's played good sets.. i enjoyed sharing with Dave Morris..

because the numbers were down it gave us (dj's) the oppoyunity to play what we wanted at times..

Geoff it was Bearsy who played little Tommy :thumbsup:

. Early doors, Bearsy played Jamo Thomas - Arrest Me. A number I hadn't heard in a dancehall for a long, long time. It was much appreciated. As was all of Dave Morris' set. I never made one request and yet he just kept playing stomping dance tunes that were right up my street and made my evening. Thanks Dave!

Good morning all,

What a pleasure to dj downstairs at Lightwater.Really enjoyed this one.It was great to dj to such a responsive dancefloor.It wasn't advertised as well as could be but all that were there enjoyed themselves.Will post my playlist up later and if it hits your spot so to speak then thats a flavour of what part of the On The Soul Side do's at Bournemouth Uni are about.

Thanks for the positive comments Dave and really glad you came along and enjoyed working up a sweat.Also like to add big thanks to Mischief for keeping me company on the decks and playing some great tunes as well :lol::yes: .

Also nice to meet Kev Such and really enjoyed your set and you played a record about halfway through that me and Viv enjoyed but never found out what it was.Playlist please Kev so I can track it down :thumbsup::lol:

Dave and Viv.

Guest TONY ROUNCE

don't think it was advertised as much as it could have been

...Judging by the fact that only one of our 'usual carload' had heard a vague rumour that it was on, don't think it was advertised at all!!!! :thumbsup:

Guest Catfish

...Judging by the fact that only one of our 'usual carload' had heard a vague rumour that it was on, don't think it was advertised at all!!!! :wicked:

I only knew about it cause someone put a flier on Facebook. It wasn't on Soul Source which is where most people look. I wondered why.

My playlist 10.00 - 11.00 with Mischief

Johnny Sayles - I Can't Get Enough - St Lawrence

Al Wilson - Help Me - Wand demo

Clarence Jackson- If It Don't Fit,Don't Force It - Valtone

Tina Britt - Look - Eastern

Sapphires - Gonna Be A Big Thing - ABC demo

Little Johnny Blair - Momma's Gone - H.T.O.F

Belles - Don't Pretend - President uk

Susan Maughan - That Other Place - Philips

Patti & The Emblems - Mixed Up,Shook Up Girl - Herald

Etta James - Seven Day Fool - Argo

Vonettes - Touch My Heart - Cobblestone

Jimmy Conwell - Cigarette Ashes - Mirwood.

Dave.

here you go....... :thumbsup:

Dave kicked off with the Johnny Sayles.. then me him and so on..

TROUBLE TROUBLE BABY - KELL OSBOURNE - REVIS

HAPPIEST DAY - BOBBY SAMSON - ACTO

YOU CAN'T FIGHT LOVE - SHIRLEY & JESSIE - WAND

DANGER HEARTBREAK AHEAD - KIM WESTON - PEOPLE

IF THATS WHAT YOU WANTED - F BEVERLY - TOP TUNES (GREEK)

COMIN HOME BABY - BARON KNIGHTS - COLUMBIA UK

I NEED YOU - SHANE MARTIN - EPIC DEMO

I DIDDN'T KNOW HOW TO - CONSTILATIONS - GEMINI

I FEEL AN URGE COMING ON - JO ARMSTEAD - GIAN

YOU BUSTED MY MIND - JUDY CLAY - SCEPTER

DUST MY BROOM - IKE AND TINA TURNER - HMV UK

OF HOPES & DREAMS ETC - JIMMY FRASER - COLUMBIA US ISSUE

Guest GrooveJunkies

All the DJs did good sets, particularly enjoyed Adele and John who were on between 8 and 9, they played some excellent uptempo Modern Soul including a couple of my favourites: Evening Of Love by the Main Ingredient and Richard Darbyshire's This I Swear.

Hi Geoff

most kind :thumbup: think we baffled a few of them :yes: play list later,,,,,

nice to meet you :lol: don't forget Bournemouth on the 16th may, hopefully see you there.....

:P

Guest GrooveJunkies

WISH YOU PUT SOME BAFFLES IN THEM SPEAKERS PLAYING ALL THAT DISCO STUFF!!!!

:thumbup::lol::P:yes:

ONLY JOKING NICE TO HEAR A GOOD MIX OF SOUNDS... :wicked:

AND GOOD TO SEE YOU AS ITS BEEN A WHILE :wicked:

a while indeed :) somebody has to show the way :wicked::ohmy:

till next time :lol: my disko friend :lol:

Guest GrooveJunkies

Well done to Moldie for giving us a good, cheap night out.

The modern was on too early for me, would have been nice if it was on later on,

would have broken it up a bit.

:thumbup: colin, am i thinking that some of the music (modern) was to your liking :rolleyes: well there's always the opera house on the 16th may :lol: ....a few people have said we should of been on later :ohmy: ......maybe next time :rolleyes:

take care

:D colin, am i thinking that some of the music (modern) was to your liking :D well there's always the opera house on the 16th may ohmy.gif ....a few people have said we should of been on later :yes: ......maybe next time :D

take care

I never heard any modern. I got there after your spot finished.

Would have liked to heard a bit of modern as cannot recall any being played.

May do Opera House....who knows?

Guest GrooveJunkies

I never heard any modern. I got there after your spot finished.

Would have liked to heard a bit of modern as cannot recall any being played.

May do Opera House....who knows?

that's a shame colin

think , Adele and myself gave them there fill of modern...... laugh.gif:thumbup:

Source Advert