Move On! Soul Club Coventry 17th April

Guest Matt Male

Guest Matt Male

Not so long since the last one but we are determined to keep up the momentum and pressure to play fresh and underplayed uptempo rare soul at Move On. Although lately many won't stay underplayed after appearing on the playlists and wants lists of reputable DJs and pretigious venues. :thumbsup:

So, come and sample the venue that in January when we started was playing The Roy Roberts Experience, Vernon Harrell and Little Gigi, Guitar Slim, Dickey and Gloria, The Visitors, Carl Holmes, Ernie Washington and many others. We've gone on as we started and we won't compromise on quality. You never know next month we might not play any of these sounds, so catch them while you can this month! Check out some of the playlists from previous nights on our website or simply come along and judge for yourself.

The guest DJs we've had so far have been pure quality, with last month's guests Pat Bleasdale and Steve Csordas playing gob smacking sets and it'll be no different this time around with Chalky and Stuart Cheetham paying us a visit. Neither of them need an introduction. Emphasis as always is on 60s uptempo rare and northern soul but as i've said before we don't tell our guests or our residents what to play, because we trust their judgement. :lol:

MOVE ON! Underplayed Northern and Rare Soul

Friday 17th April 2009

8pm - 2am

£5 Entrance Fee

DJs

CHALKY

STUART CHEETHAM

KILLA

CALLUM

with Matt Male and Adam Topping

Coventry Colliery Sports and Social Club

Bennett's Road North

Kersley, Coventry

CV7 8JY

Record Dealers Very Welcome!

More details at www.moveonsoulclub.co.uk

Edited by Matt Male
  • Replies 47
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Here we go again, night #4 has come around very quickly!

So what are you going to get?? Well the music will blow you away, mainly up tempo 60s with the focus on lesser known/under played sounds with some quality classics and current big nighter spins thrown into the mix. We don't care about the price of a record, if it's a quality dancer then we'll play it whether it's a £5 cheapie or a big money rarity. Then of course you get one of the very best dance floors anywhere to enjoy biggrin.gif .

Callum makes his return to the decks this month, we've almost forgiven him for missing the last one :D . Killa, Matt and myself make up the rest of the resident DJ team and we're in for a real treat this month with two brilliant guest DJs. Stu Cheetham who is making a name for himself as a DJ to watch and whose reputation is growing all the time. Then we have the real pleasure of having 'Mr. Lifeline' Chalky as our other guest and I'm really looking forward to hearing what he's got lined up for us!

Feedback for all our previous nights has emphasised how good both the music and venue are.....what we need now is a few more people through the door. So hopefully we'll see you there :wicked:

Adam.

Guest Matt Male

I shall defo be tootling over for this altho I'm not sure what state I'll be in after this weekend... :wicked:

Of course I could sit nicely and take it easy............NOT... laugh.gif

Don't worry Sian we'll throw in some mid-tempo for you. :ohmy: I'll be nice and fresh after a week off :D

:thumbup::lol: ...you pair of light weights! Rugby on Saturday, Derby all dayer on Sunday...then maybe finish Sunday off at the Marrs Bar. Few days recovery then Move On! on Friday and (hopefully) Pow Wow the following night :yes: . If that lot doesn't kill me then the wife probably will when I stumble back home at some point a week on Sunday :P .
Guest Matt Male

Hopefully gonna pop along to this for the 1st time with a few like minded pals...sounds just the ticket, rare and underplayed.

Directions from J3 please guys.

Billy.

Here are directions from Junction 3 Billy. It is a bit twisty turny but not that far from the junction. Probably best to check out multimap as well. Postcode is CV7 8JY

At M6 Junction 3 take the A444 towards Coventry

A444 to the first First traffic island.

Go right at island

After leaving island take the first left down Hen Lane

Carry on down Hen Lane until you come to a crossroad with lights, turn left there.

At the second set of traffic light take the right towards Kersley. It's signposted.

Keep going (it's a long way) until you come to a T junction (this is Bennett's Road North, the club is on this road).

Go right onto Bennett's Road North and keep going (also a long way) the club is on the left hand side of the road. It's opposite the entrance to a big industrial estate.

Hope to see you there mate thumbsup.gif

Guest Matt Male

sorry cant come, but as I said to Chris Morgan, promised to go to bishops wood for gayes birthday :shades: hope you have a good nite!!!!

No problem Lou, see you soon :lol:

sorry cant come, but as I said to Chris Morgan, promised to go to bishops wood for gayes birthday :lol: hope you have a good nite!!!!

Yeah sorry same here, forgot all about Gayes birthday :lol: hope you have a great night!!! :shades:

JB & Mart xxx

Edited by JELLYBEAN

looking forward to trying this night out for the first time after hearing the CD which was handed to us at the last Six Hills nighter - BLINDING MUSIC!!! :D right up our preverbial streets!

we'll be getting there early doors as we're travelling up from essex and if the music is like that on the CD we wont be leaving dancefloor until the bitter end :thumbsup: .

helen & graham

Hi Helen,

You will really enjoy Move On.

Great music.

I haven't missed one yet which is testament to the music policy and everyone involved.

Look forward to seeing you both.

Best

Tabs

looking forward to trying this night out for the first time after hearing the CD which was handed to us at the last Six Hills nighter - BLINDING MUSIC!!! :D right up our preverbial streets!

we'll be getting there early doors as we're travelling up from essex and if the music is like that on the CD we wont be leaving dancefloor until the bitter end :thumbsup: .

helen & graham

looking forward to trying this night out for the first time after hearing the CD which was handed to us at the last Six Hills nighter - BLINDING MUSIC!!! :thumbup: right up our preverbial streets!

we'll be getting there early doors as we're travelling up from essex and if the music is like that on the CD we wont be leaving dancefloor until the bitter end :thumbup: .

helen & graham

Hi, that's really made my day.....took me forever to put those CDs together and it's great to know it was worth the effort :thumbup: .

All the tracks on the CD is stuff the resident DJs have played at the previous 2 nights so you can expect to hear that sort of stuff from start to finish on Friday and you'll love the dancefloor, best I've ever seen. Look forward to seeing you both on Friday :( .

Adam.

Edited by Guest

Trent Sisters...me not got it :thumbup:

I wonder why I thought that :thumbup: ? Trent sisters on Gogate does someone else buy the name of chalky have a copy??? I must of been in some kind of twisted state imagining hearing you play it I was abit wasted :thumbup: .

Had abit of a sort through my records last night and cant wait to spin a few newies there's one I'm particularly excited about I think will go down a treat(archie himmons :thumbsup: ) a real move on tune, everyone i've asked about it seems to know nothing about it :thumbup:

I wonder why I thought that :thumbup: ? Trent sisters on Gogate does someone else buy the name of chalky have a copy??? I must of been in some kind of twisted state imagining hearing you play it I was abit wasted :thumbup: .

Had abit of a sort through my records last night and cant wait to spin a few newies there's one I'm particularly excited about I think will go down a treat(archie himmons :thumbsup: ) a real move on tune, everyone i've asked about it seems to know nothing about it :thumbup:

There are 2 Chalky's... :thumbup:

One's Andy Dyson's mate and the other's Hitsville Chalky.

Got pics somewhere but don't know if that'll help.

Edited by Rugby Soul Club

Really looking forward to this, afterhearing Chalky play at the last lifeline you know you're going to hear some new stormers. Hopefully there'll be a few more people through the doors this month after hearing the 'Move On' cd thumbsup.gif , hopefully chalky will bring 'Trent Sisters' :P

Callum.

its Carl Fortnum who has the copy

Really looking forward to this. I'm busy today so hopefully will get into the records tomorrow to sort a few for Friday :P

Trent Sisters...me not got it :lol:

We're looking forward to hearing your set Chalky, looking like it's going to be a good night had a lot of people ask about it so fingers crossed they'll be a good crowd in thumbsup.gif

I wonder why I thought that :D ? Trent sisters on Gogate does someone else buy the name of chalky have a copy??? I must of been in some kind of twisted state imagining hearing you play it I was abit wasted :yes: .

Had abit of a sort through my records last night and cant wait to spin a few newies there's one I'm particularly excited about I think will go down a treat(archie himmons :thumbup: ) a real move on tune, everyone i've asked about it seems to know nothing about it :g:

Bit wasted.....doesn't sound like you mate :lol: .

Oh and that Archie Himmons you have is the absolute dogs gonads of a record, can't wait to hear it out loud. Seeing as you've got that lined up I guess you won't mind if I play the Honey & The Bees :sleep3:whistling.gif

Bit wasted.....doesn't sound like you mate :lol: .

Oh and that Archie Himmons you have is the absolute dogs gonads of a record, can't wait to hear it out loud. Seeing as you've got that lined up I guess you won't mind if I play the Honey & The Bees :thumbup:whistling.gif

No chance :P , only joking mate, I'll play it saturday at Pow Wow :sleep3: , There does seem to be abit of a buzz about this friday rolleyes.gif

Hello Matt, Adam,

Will be over as normal Friday night. Don't want to miss this as you know. All the others have been brillant! Let's just hope we can get a few more folk in to support a great night.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Guest Matt Male

Hello Matt, Adam,

Will be over as normal Friday night. Don't want to miss this as you know. All the others have been brillant! Let's just hope we can get a few more folk in to support a great night.

Keep safe, keep dancing.

Charlie Mc

Banbury Soul Club

Cheers Charlie, see you there :unsure: We'll stay on track musically, we need a few more to experience what we have to offer. I'll give that Nolan 45 a spin as well and see what it sounds like loud.

Guest jumitja

really looking forward to friday at move on after missing the last one due to work commitments .

could do with an uptempo night for a change :g: ,this is one place where you come out of it feeling like youve been educated in music and also not treated like were all nearing our pension days and given a top adrenalin buzz on the dance floor :huh::thumbup: .(to many places using boring midtempo djs who rely on the same old crap, its about time they looked above the decks and notice the response there getting ,of course this is my opinion and not of the darby and joan crew who frequent other soul nights :ohmy::lol: ).

looking forward to chalkys set ,lifeline a week early itsgoing to be f ing wicked and with killa and callum ,i know im going to leave there with a top adrenalin rush .see you all on friday i cant f%E$ing wait . thumbsup.gif kev

Guest Matt Male

could you let us know what the parking is like at the venue?

As Tabs said it's got it's own big car park fenced in. Hopefully one day we will fill that car park... :thumbsup:

Karen pointed you out to me at the end of Crossfire but i was too knackered to stagger over and say hello :D See you Friday :rolleyes:

Guest Matt Male

DJ Times For Friday

08.00 - 08.30 Matt

08.30 - 09.30 Adam

09.30 - 10.30 Killa

10.30 - 11.30 Stuart Cheetham

11.30 - 12.30 Chalky

12.30 - 01.30 Callum

01.30 - 02.00 Matt

Edited by Matt Male

DJ Times For Friday

08.00 - 08.30 Matt

08.30 - 09.30 Adam

09.30 - 10.30 Killa

11.30 - 12.30 Chalky

12.30 - 01.30 Callum

01.30 - 02.30 Matt

Have you extended the finishing time from 2.00am to 2.30am without telling me :lol::lol: . The lengths some people will go to for an extra 30mins behind the decks :lol::ohmy::lol:

DJ Times For Friday

08.00 - 08.30 Matt

08.30 - 09.30 Adam

09.30 - 10.30 Killa

11.30 - 12.30 Chalky

12.30 - 01.30 Callum

01.30 - 02.30 Matt

What a bloody good line up that is, just like at all the 'Move On's'. I really hope we can attract a few through the doors this month, I cant wait to get my groove on to some stroming 60's soul + rnb :ohmy:

Guest Matt Male

Adam and Matt.

Hope the night goes well for you. Can't make this month,sorry to say.

Superb music and venue...... and what a floor to dance on.

All the best

Pat

You're always welcome Pat. See you again some time. smile.gif

Looking forward to tomorrow Adam and Matt :lol::lol: probably won't have much time after work tomorrow so best sort the records tonight.

Hope I don't get lost :thumbsup:biggrin.gif

See you tomorrow Chalky, looking like it's going to be a good night :) .

Last shout from me, half term so got both kids and getting on the computer is a tad difficult! Anybody needs any last minute info or directions etc then my mobile is:

07851 288049

Adam.

Guest Matt Male

Looking forward to tomorrow Adam and Matt yes.gif:lol: probably won't have much time after work tomorrow so best sort the records tonight.

Hope I don't get lost :thumbsup::)

See you tomorrow night Chalky. If you do get lost, get back to the Ricoh Stadium (Cov City ground, you'll pass it after the motorway) and phone us and we can guide you in. That goes for anyone who gets lost as well. :lol:

Guest Mrs Simsy

Hope tonight goes really well for you guys. After all the hard work that you put in you deserve it! yes.gif

Sorry that i can't make it but my holiday is less than 3 weeks away & my spending money is currently at erm...nothing.. unsure.gif If you fancy sending a collection bucket round that'd be great! :D:lol:

Hope to get up to the next one. :thumbup:

Kylee & Simsy.

Well my mate Barry and his dear wife Debs have just phoned saying there going to pick me and my lovely wife up to night for the Move On soul night. This means I do not have to drive and that I can have a few beer.gif:thumbsup::thumbup::lol::ohmy::ohmy::)beer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gifbeer.gif So just in case i,m speaking Norwegian later Adam, keep me AWAY from your sales box I'm skint.

Looking forward to it

Pat

Guest Sean Haydon

Will try to get over to you later, missed the last couple through one reason or another. Appreciate what you're doing here lads. Great music policy!

Sean

See you tomorrow night Chalky. If you do get lost, get back to the Ricoh Stadium (Cov City ground, you'll pass it after the motorway) and phone us and we can guide you in. That goes for anyone who gets lost as well. :thumbsup:

Should be ok, got the sat nav and a map, looks easy enough (famous last words whistling.gif ) :lol: See you all later :thumbup:

Guest SteveC

Best of luck with the event guys. 1st one I've missed due to chauffering duties, etc but I truly hope numbers are up for you - you deserve it. Gutted I'm gonna miss Chalky.