Selling Records At Scooterist Events - Advice Please

There's a scooter run to Scarborough this Easter and I wondered if there would be any point going there with a box of records to sell? Never actually been to any of the bashes before, although I usually go and have a gander at the machines.

So, is there any point or would I be wasting my time? And if it is worth doing when's the best time? Daytime or when the evening club nights are on?

If anybody can give me a bit of advice I'd be very grateful :thumbsup:

Godz

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's a scooter run to Scarborough this Easter and I wondered if there would be any point going there with a box of records to sell? Never actually been to any of the bashes before, although I usually go and have a gander at the machines.

So, is there any point or would I be wasting my time? And if it is worth doing when's the best time? Daytime or when the evening club nights are on?

If anybody can give me a bit of advice I'd be very grateful :thumbsup:

Godz

been doin the lancashire alliance weekender at southport for the last 4 years,hardly ever seen a record sold.

Social source share

i bot a lot of soul off pete widdison in the 80s/90s @ scoot rallys.

mainly reissues & cheap originals.thats what the scooterist were buying then.

today a lot more scooterists are into more rarer stuff like myself,but with the cost of going to rallys these days its hard to have the cash to buy records on top of everything else @ a rally(back in the day i could get down to england & back,pay my digs,buy tshirts,records & lots of that drink for under £100).

wasnt easy geting records on the scoot home.

if taking records maybe safer with cheaper originals,some classics oldies & a dab of 70s.

Social source share

i bot a lot of soul off pete widdison in the 80s/90s @ scoot rallys.

mainly reissues & cheap originals.thats what the scooterist were buying then.

today a lot more scooterists are into more rarer stuff like myself,but with the cost of going to rallys these days its hard to have the cash to buy records on top of everything else @ a rally(back in the day i could get down to england & back,pay my digs,buy tshirts,records & lots of that drink for under £100).

wasnt easy geting records on the scoot home.

if taking records maybe safer with cheaper originals,some classics oldies & a dab of 70s.

Ahhh.

Better wait until the New Untouchables come back to town then :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soulboy

Ahhh.

Better wait until the New Untouchables come back to town then :thumbsup:

know this is stereotyping but iv got a lam and get about a bit [when it works] [bastard] and have found most of the scooter boys and girls seem more interested in there bikes than the music well collecting anyway .

Social source share

From experiance as i still attened the odd rally (4 a year)... unlike a few years ago when I was doing about 10 a year..

I find when i'm on rallys I don't bother looking in record box's any more.. (yet i normaly spend most of my day looking at records on the internet)

reason being is you get so fed up looking at boots and reissues that in the end you don't bother looking..

So rallies are for scooters, friends and beer...

I imagine most people who are serious about there records are the same...

I think scooterist like cd's these days..

go along for a beer and enjoy it instead...

i'm sure there may be 1 or 2 on here going..

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

There are loads of collectors / Soul DJ's on the scoot scene, you cant generalise about scootersists as they are such a diverse group of people and thats what makes it great IMO, but as people have said, most are there to party not to buy records although some definately will given the opportunity. I buy records all the time but rarely at rallies unless for some reason we have gone in the car, its just too risky trying to get them home in one piece!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!