Printing On White Card Record Sleeves

Anyone able to recommend a printer that will print on white card record covers. I have a printer that does it but with quite a high failure rate. I have used labels but would prefer to print directly onto the covers.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone able to recommend a printer that will print on white card record covers. I have a printer that does it but with quite a high failure rate. I have used labels but would prefer to print directly onto the covers.

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Hi Mark

a bit fiddly but i would recommend the John Bull Printing set laugh.gif

gonna be trick as nearly all printers actually bend the paper round the machine how about a portable printer where you feed the paer in one at a time /

mark

Social source share

Hi Mark

a bit fiddly but i would recommend the John Bull Printing set laugh.gif

gonna be trick as nearly all printers actually bend the paper round the machine how about a portable printer where you feed the paer in one at a time /

mark

Hi Mark

I can remember years ago people using Letraset and it looked cool but its dead time consuming. I'm not looking for anything fancy, just letters in black.

I have tried a couple of printers that I have used over the years and the top loaders are the ones that manage to load the card ok. It's just the thickness of the card they struggle with.

Mark

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Over a long period of time i've got some of my records and then typed artist/title/label, cat number (demo, etc) into a word document then printed them onto inch wide adhesive white labels that i put at the top of my 45' sleeves, done about 1000.....total pain, but it is addictive once you start. ph34r.gif

example attached

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Any help welcome.

Thanks

Mark

Most printers have a maximum number paper weight that it can print and you should keep to that (measured in grams per square metre or gsm for short). You a lucky to get a decent thick cardboard allowance for most printers and record sleeves are usually double that or more at the egding. Forcing anything higher than the recommended weight through could be damaging your rollers and jam your printer ....possibly even burn out the motor(?).

The sticky label versions in A4 sheets are the best and it allows you to type them straight into a database, and print as a merge file (in Word or Excel is most common).

Further to the ones mentioned above, there are some great clear/TRANPARENT labels (the best) and COLOURED labels available out there. If you google such words, you'll find loads more quite cheap online.

Personally, I prefer to lift the record and glance at the record label to see what it is, rather than stick a typed piece on the cover.

But the databse thing is useful as I hate typing something I'm reading and this way you only do it once, allowing a playlist to be done in a couple of minutes (with Excel's sort function).

m

Edited by Maria O
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!