Lenny Welch - A Hundred Pounds Of Pain

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulboy

great record allways try and play out love it,i started playing it out about 8 years ago and my mate who dj's with me said god i aint heard that in years almost forgot about it fantastic, thats the kind of reaction you should get from a record,so thanks lenny .

Social source share

Lenny Welch! He doesn't remember much about writing the song but actually, I do! His writing partner was Rose McCoy, a woman with whom I wrote many songs. I used to run into Lenny frequently at her office. Lenny was a pretty good guy as I remember. There could have been bad blood among me...and Lenny...and Dorian...and Joey....and the writers who used to pass through her doors. But there wasn't. I can't remember having issues with anybody Rose wrote with. We were all in the same boat - just trying to write hit records. Lenny was on a PBS special recently singing his old hit and he sounded very good. He's still "got it" (so to speak!

Social source share

Guest sandi

great record allways try and play out love it,i started playing it out about 8 years ago and my mate who dj's with me said god i aint heard that in years almost forgot about it fantastic, thats the kind of reaction you should get from a record,so thanks lenny .

It's a great record, l played it at Bishops Wood last night, and got a good response to it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!