Cleethorpes,not A Good Friday

Well now Ive got your attention I can tell you no it wasnt a Good Friday ,it was a GREAT FRIDAY :thumbup: , well done Ian and Kim , Im so pleased for you!!

An excellent night with all the DJs relishing the opportunity to play some different tunes , a complete mix of SOULFUL DANCE MUSIC from the 70s onwards , the busy dancefloor all though the event showing the patrons really appreciating the mix of music!

The only lowspot of the night was that one DJ in particular (you know who you are Kev)wouldnt play my request ph34r.gif:D .

Nice to see Lincolnshire having more and more 70s/crossover/modern nights and so we look forward to a second helping tonight at A1 SOUL Grantham ,

Steve

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest madkev

yes great night had by all who turned out,sorry steve , i couldnt find the nolan s or the snake , and here my playlist roy ayres ,running away,lonnie liston smith expansions,idris mohamed could heaven ever be like this ,evelyn king shame ,jackson sisters miracles, atlantis starr circles , micheal wycoff looking up to you , ronnie mcnair light my fire ,mario biondi this is what you are , masters at work ft india to be in love ,alexandra oneal lord ,black sun spread love, bb winans thank you maw remix and thats all i can remember but great night, great sets from all the dj,s and a great mix of music , good job and a pat on the back to ian and kim, even thogh he did have his bay city rollers scarf on, cheers kev

Guest queenoftalc

Particularly liked your set Kev - just up our street musically, and the other DJs between them served up a varied selection for everyone on the floor.Proud to have this night as a Cleethorpes event. Many thanks Payo and Kim, here's to the next one!

p.s.Had some Neurofen and coffee so we're up the A1 later - if you two can do it so can we! Lol D&W :D

Particularly liked your set Kev - just up our street musically, and the other DJs between them served up a varied selection for everyone on the floor.Proud to have this night as a Cleethorpes event. Many thanks Payo and Kim, here's to the next one!

p.s.Had some Neurofen and coffee so we're up the A1 later - if you two can do it so can we! Lol D&W :D

Have you got your Bridlington tickets?, its the next time Kev is let out of his cage !! :thumbup:

Rob & karen

Guest ktf27

Well now Ive got your attention I can tell you no it wasnt a Good Friday ,it was a GREAT FRIDAY :thumbup: , well done Ian and Kim , Im so pleased for you!!

An excellent night with all the DJs relishing the opportunity to play some different tunes , a complete mix of SOULFUL DANCE MUSIC from the 70s onwards , the busy dancefloor all though the event showing the patrons really appreciating the mix of music!

The only lowspot of the night was that one DJ in particular (you know who you are Kev)wouldnt play my request ph34r.gif:D .

Nice to see Lincolnshire having more and more 70s/crossover/modern nights and so we look forward to a second helping tonight at A1 SOUL Grantham ,

Steve

I have to agree Payo & kim put on a first class night & we will be at the next one now all I have to do is seach out all the playlist (thanks kev got yours) so I can rub it in with the guys that couldnt make it

John & Jean say they will come up from cheltenham again Shaun (harrogate) ps will be phoneinng soul brother records tue thanks for the tip kev

Have you got your Bridlington tickets?, its the next time Kev is let out of his cage !! laugh.gif

Rob & karen

Hi Rob was really looking forward to a nice relaxed weekend at Bridlington,now Im not so sure!! :D .seriously Kev did a great spot even though he did refuse to play my request :thumbup:

steve

Guest joyfulsoul1

Proud to have this night as a Cleethorpes event.

YES..That was a good night wasn't it, it makes me proud to be a Cleethorpes girl . Well done to Dicko and Keith Bickley who played some nice tunes. I was sorry to miss Paul Howden's spot early on as I've heared him play before and love his style.

enjoyed Sams second set, after which I had to change shoes as my feet were killing me !

p.s.Had some Neurofen and coffee so we're up the A1 later - if you two can do it so can we! Lol D&W :thumbsup:

And so can I :D see you there. :D

Edited by joyfulsoul1
Guest queenoftalc

Brid seems good value for £20! Thanks we'll see.Grantham might just be a packer as it's the Anniversary as well.Another outing for the trusty old shoes eh Jo?

Cleethorpes Beachcomber night on You Tube when we've edited it. Look under SoulImprovisations or queenoftalc from Monday approx.

Meggies back on the soulful dance map! Let's keep it going!

Had a great time...thanks to Payo for giving me the opening spot, just sorry I had to leave early, anyway here is my playlist as requested:

GLORIA GAYNOR "WE JUST CANT MAKE IT"

GEORGE DUKE "I WANT YOU FOR MYSELF"

ISAAC HAYES "THEME FROM THE MEN"

EDDIE KENDRICKS "YOUR LOVE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME"

ANGEL "SOOTHE YOU"

AVERAGE WHITE BAND "HOW CAN YOU GO HOME"

TERRY CALLIER "I DONT WANT TO SEE MYSELF"

HAMILTON MOVEMENT "SHES GONE"

DEBBIE TAYLOR "JUST DONT PAY"

LAMONT DOZIER "WE DONT WANT NOBODY TO COME BETWEEN US"

HAROLD MELVIN "REACHING FOR THE WORLD"

JJ BARNES "CANT SEE ME LEAVING YOU"

NEO "SMILE"

EDDIE HENDERSON "SAY YOU WILL"

JERRY WASHINGTON "DONT WASTE MY TIME"

WILLIAM DE VAUGHN "NEVER FOUND A GIRL"

MICHEAL WYCOFF "LOOKING UP TO YOU"

As requested here's my playlist:

Four Below Zero - My baby's got E.S.P.

Mind & Matter - I'm under your spell.

Jan Jones - Independent Woman.

Prince Phillip Mitchell - I'm so Happy.

King Tutt - You've got me hung up.

Storm - Can't nobody love me like you do.

Ray Crumley - She's so good.

L.J. Reynolds - You've got it.

Luther - Don't wanna be a fool.

Frankie Knuckles - It's hard sometime.

Richard Rogers - Can't stop loving you.

Kenny Thomas - Crazy World.

NEO - Smile.

Had a great night, the next one can't come soon enough for me!

See ya (soon I hope).

Richard :(

Totally off topic here but can some one get me Steve Glentworths Phone Number, I may have some work for him, we talked about it on Friday night and I forgot to get his number

Thanks Miff

Guest clayholt

Totally off topic here but can some one get me Steve Glentworths Phone Number, I may have some work for him, we talked about it on Friday night and I forgot to get his number

Thanks Miff

Miff

Try this 07794892588

This should get you through to his wife

Bickers

Guest clayholt

Miff

Try this 07794892588

This should get you through to his wife

Bickers

Totally back on topic -

Payo

Thanks for a brilliant night, Thanks for the vision you have in bringing something badly needed to the scene,Thanks for helping me dust down some old 70s sounds heres my playlist what I can remember -

M Proctor - Love dont Live (UBP mix)

Joi Cardwell - Let it go (Deep soul mix)

UBP - We are one (UBP Mix)

Larry Wedgeworth - No more games

Debbie Taylor - Just dont pay

Bloodstone - Just wanna get the feel of it

Sidney Joe Qualls - Run to me (Dakar 45)

Willie Hutch - Talk to me

Manu Dibango - Big Blow

Keni Burke - Risin to the top (Original 12" mix)

Maze featuring Frankie Beverly - Joy and Pain (Edited version)

We The People - Making My Daydream Real

Will Collins & Willpower - Is there anything I can do

Channel 3 - The Sweetest Thing

Brainstorm - Lovin is really my game

Thats all I can remember

Once again Payo thanks for a great night - Whens the next ?

Keith Bickley

Wow where do you start? At the beginning I suppose,

That means saying a big thank you to the 100 + crowd who turned up to a soul event billed as not playing 60s. As promised the intent was to stage an event with the dancer in mind playing a mix of seventies,eighties, nineties to present. Myself and the DJ,s kept that promise as was reflected in the full dancefloor for most of the evening, but let me make this very clear, that feat would not be possible without an openminded, appreciative crowd such as yourselves.

A beautiful atmosphere created by a beautiful crowd which of course is only possible when theres no politics involved, when I advertised this event I asked for people to come with open hearts an open minds, and so thank you for keeping your end of the bargain!

A big shout to Steve Jay and the Spalding posse who turned up in numbers, and as Steve quite rightly said in opening this thread, this type of event is needed in Lincolnshire. For those of you who dont know, Steve is a pioneer and a stalwart in promoting and playing quality soul music at Spaldings ITS event. The other of course is Barry Coopers A1 at Grantham, I highly recommend both as kindred spirit events!

Thanks to Mary and Colin Chapman for attending our opening night and endorsing what we are doing, a very valued opinion.

Many thanks to all of the DJs on the evening all adding their particular styles without attempting to emulate the bigger name DJs on the scene today. And of course thanks to Sam for Being Sam, we are priveliged to have this man on the scene today!

So in evaluation from your feedback on leaving the event and of course feedback on this thread, SOUL Improvisations was an absolute success and because of your requests more events are to follow. However these will be limited to three maybe four a year and planned carefully with consideration to similar events of this nature, Good Friday 2010 is a definate with Soul Sam as guest confirmed, the others to be announced shortly.

Once again many thanks and blessings to you all, and never underestimate your value as the rays of light who are allowing our scene to progress from the clutches of stagnation.

Always bear in mind, " It Takes Heart To Get Up, It Takes Heart To Stay Up"

Here's my playlist mainly based around Cleethorpes and Blackpool 70s tracks:

MIAMI - 'Kill That Roach'

THE PHILLY SOUND - 'Waitin For The Rain'

PHILLY DEVOTIONS - 'Hurt So Bad'

ALFIE KHAN - 'Law Of The Land'

CROWN HEIGHTS AFFAIR - 'Dreaming A Dream'

CARL GRAVES - 'Heart Be Still'

VERNON BURCH - 'Frame Of Mind'

AL JOHNSON - 'It's Not Too Late'

FANTASTIC FOUR - 'Got To Have Your Love'

BOBBY MOORE - 'Anything Man'

JEAN CARN - 'My Love Dont Come Easy'

NORMAN CONNORS - 'Once I've Been There'

THE QUADROPHONICS - 'Betcha If You Check It Out'

PHYLISS HYMAN - 'You Know How To Love Me'

RUFUS AND CHAKA - 'Any Love' (American 7" 1980)

KENNI BURKE - 'Let Somebody Love You'

DAYBREAK - 'I Need Love'

Many thanks and respect to all,

Payo & Kim

Edited by Payo

That means saying a big thank you to the 100 + crowd who turned up to a soul event billed as not playing 60s. As promised the intent was to stage an event with the dancer in mind playing a mix of seventies,eighties, nineties to present. Myself and the DJ,s kept that promise as was reflected in the full dancefloor for most of the evening, but let me make this very clear, that feat would not be possible without an openminded, appreciative crowd such as yourselves.

A beautiful atmosphere created by a beautiful crowd which of course is only possible when theres no politics involved, when I advertised this event I asked for people to come with open hearts an open minds, and so thank you for keeping your end of the bargain!

A big shout to Steve Jay and the Spalding posse who tuned up in numbers, and as Steve quite rightly said in opening this thread, this type of event is needed in Lincolnshire. For those of you who dont know, Steve is a pioneer and a stalwart in promoting and playing quality soul music at Spaldings ITS event. The other of course is Barry Coopers A1 at Grantham, I highly recommend both as kindred spirit events!

Thanks to Mary and Colin Chapman for attending our opening night and endorsing what we are doing, a very valued opinion.

Many thanks to all of the DJs on the evening all adding their particular styles without attempting to emulate the bigger name DJs on the scene today. And of course thanks to Sam for Being Sam, we are priveliged to have this man on the scene today!

So in evaluation from your feedback on leaving the event and of course feedback on this thread, SOUL Improvisations was an absolute success and because of your requests more events are to follow. However these will be limited to three maybe four a year and planned carefully with consideration to similar events of this nature, Good Friday 2010 is a difinate with Soul Sam as guest confirmed, the others to be announced shortly.

Once again many thanks and blessings to you all, and never underestimate your value as the rays of light who are allowing our scene to progress from the clutches of stagnation.

DAYBREAK - 'I Need Love'

Payo & Kim

Sounds quite a night you had Payo I'll make sure I keep next Good Friday free in 2010 good to see you last night and thanks for the endorsement.

Barry

Hi Barry,

It was a great night which unfortunately you missed through commitments, but as you said theres always the next time.

All the best,

Payo.

A big shout to Steve Jay and the Spalding posse who turned up in numbers, and as Steve quite rightly said in opening this thread, this type of event is needed in Lincolnshire. For those of you who dont know, Steve is a pioneer and a stalwart in promoting and playing quality soul music at Spaldings ITS event. The other of course is Barry Coopers A1 at Grantham, I highly recommend both as kindred spirit events!

So in evaluation from your feedback on leaving the event and of course feedback on this thread, SOUL Improvisations was an absolute success and because of your requests more events are to follow. However these will be limited to three maybe four a year and planned carefully with consideration to similar events of this nature, Good Friday 2010 is a definate with Soul Sam as guest confirmed, the others to be announced shortly.

DAYBREAK - 'I Need Love'

Payo & Kim

Thanks Ian for the shout!!, really nice to see Mary Chapman there , her vision all those years ago definately created a very defined East Coast sound around 77-78 I was a resident DJ in the Oldies room at the EASC All Niters :thumbsup::thumbsup::D ,but Cleethorpes was without doubt my ideal music policy , so many great 70s shufflers played alongside the 60s new discoveries and alongside the best BRAND NEW US IMPORTS creating a very unique blend of total across the board soul .

This progresive policy is what has shaped my perception of total across the board soul policy we operate at ITS today ,thanks Mary we owe you such a lot on the East Coast Im so proud to be from Linkunsheer!!

Looking forward to the next one

Steve.

SIG2JPEG.jpg

Guest Biggie G

Just wanted to say we had a really good night on Friday. The night did what it said on the tin. Keep up the good work and we'll see you at the next one.

cheers

Gareth and Janice

Just wanted to say we had a really good night on Friday. The night did what it said on the tin. Keep up the good work and we'll see you at the next one.

cheers

Gareth and Janice

Gareth & Janice,

Me and Kim were very pleased to see you both at Cleethorpes on Friday. Even more pleased that you both really enjoyed yourselves, as we value your support.

Many thanks for your kind words, Speak to you both later,

Payo & Kim

Guest clayholt

Fantastic photo's of a brilliant night! Here's some video: Den& Wend xx

">

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Guest queenoftalc

Wow Keith, your very kind words have just made Wendy fill up! sad.gif

Editing the footage made us realise just what a special scene we have locally.The sheer breadth of soul music styles embraced by DJs such as yourself is always healthy and makes for the most enjoyable, unforgettable nights like the one we just had.

Losing the 'Gardens was a black day for us all at Cleethorpes, but thanks to Payo and your good selves, we can indeed look forward to many a magic night.

Kindest regards, D&W K.T.F. xx thumbsup.gif

P.S. If anyone wants a (free) DVD of the night - which being about an hour long gives a better idea of what was played, and by whom e-mail us at ;

wendywotsit@btinternet.com

Source Advert