Connie Clark - My Sugar Baby (joker)

• Replies 5
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone got the full story on Connie Clark - My Sugar Baby (Joker) please?

In particular, anyone know where this was recorded, session dates, details etc.?

Cheers

Richard

Recorded in June 1966 with Frank Wilson and Marc Gordon supervised by Hal Davies in Los Angeles.

Contrary to reports, Connie is a session singer found by Frank. Earlier threads suggest it's 'Chris Clark'...which is untrue.

Social source share

Recorded in June 1966 with Frank Wilson and Marc Gordon supervised by Hal Davies in Los Angeles.

Contrary to reports, Connie is a session singer found by Frank. Earlier threads suggest it's 'Chris Clark'...which is untrue.

Hi Kev,

Don't think that date can be right, I've got the record in my hand at the moment & the deadwax delta number is 58486, would that not put it at late August 1965 ?

Regards,

Ady

Social source share

Hi Kev,

Don't think that date can be right, I've got the record in my hand at the moment & the deadwax delta number is 58486, would that not put it at late August 1965 ?

Regards,

Ady

Probably right about '65, as thats when Paris "Sleepless Nights" was produced by Marc Gordon as well. He soon teamed up with Liberty (Soul City) records after....

Social source share

Paris was pressed in November 1964, according to its 55049 delta.

Ady-It does look as if you have the correct information pressing wise.

Frank revealed 1966 for Connie Clarke. Producers though, can have a lapse in memory.

The Paris track certainly sounds '65 and Connie '66....well to me anyway.

Recordings can be deceptive though, as we all discovered in Detroit with Mel Britt, when he revealed 1972 as the recording of his epic song. Most clearly thought 69/70.

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!