May 09 Cd Swap. ......full Up.......full Up.......full Up

ajb

Chris and John are taking a break sorting this time, so i've stepped in to give it a go......

Okay so here goes.....

Theme: Tunes bought or rediscovered (old tunes in your collections that have got an airing) in the last 12 months.

i've stuck with the same as last time, as the quality was so good, why change it.

Limited to the first 30 people, only participate if you are going to deliver 29 CD's.

please PM me with the details below

1.member name

2. real name

3.Address were CD's to be sent

4.an email address to send list

Once the list collected, I will send it out to all involved.

All the best

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

• Replies 160
  • Views 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

THOSE UP FOR A NEW SWAP :lol:

right then :g: , list so far............

ajb

wrongcrowd

ady pountain

biggray1

chris anderton

john reed

miff

pikeys dog

JohnLloyd

Mal.C.

Steve L

jumpinjoan

johnny mack

djr

ollie

john Lloyd

s7oul

Flanny

ged parker

pete couulson

ockers

Posstot

Zane10

Okehgaz

soulshack

Jonno

sammy

pauldicko

imcuminhome

andybellwood

richaerdf

DONE, FINITO...................

can the above not highlighted please send details, thank you

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

list updated :lol:

think i have everyones details on the list :lol:

ONLY 6 spots to go

cor blimey they went quick this time, and another cracking list

some top drawer tunes to be heard for sure

thank you to everyone for your support

alan

Social source share

Guest pauldicko

list updated thumbsup.gif

nice to see a few new names, welcome aboard :thumbsup:

thanks again, to all involved

alan

ARE YOU FULL UP MATE ?

PAUL DICKO

Social source share

hopefully room for me

details on their way

'best

Andy

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, FRID 22 MAY,

MAIN BALL ROOM (largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

GUEST DJs MICK H & PHIL SHIELDS. FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

THATS IT WERE FULL, INFACT TO MANY, 32 IN TOTAL. OH WELL :ohmy:

FOR THOSE THAT MISSED THIS ONE, THERE BE ANOTHER ALONG IN SIX MONTHS :D

HOPE TO HAVE ALL DETAILS SORTED OVER THE WEEKEND yes.gif

SO DIG DEEP, AND LETS MAKE IT THE BEST SWAP YET!!! :thumbsup:

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

THE FINAL LIST.........

ajb

wrongcrowd

ady pountain

biggray1

chris anderton

john reed

miff

pikeys dog

Mal.C.

Steve L

jumpinjoan

johnny mack

djr

ollie

sammy

john Lloyd

s7oul

Flanny

ged parker

pete couulson

ockers

Posstot

Zane10

Okehgaz

soulshack

Jonno

pauldicko

imcuminhome

andybellwood

richaerdf

tony turner

ian dewhirst

Edited by ajb
Social source share

everybody's details are now in, so i hope to put them altogether, and send out over the next couple of days.

many thanks to all those taking part :unsure:

all the best for now

alan

thanks Alan...looking forward to sharing a few tunes oot!! keep up the good work old chap...whatto!

Social source share

ALL DETAILS HAVE NOW BEEN SENT OUT, VIA PM's

IF YOU HAVEN'T RECEIVED THEM, LET ME KNOW

alan

Alan , many thanks for organising thumbsup.gif

just sent out my 1st batch of cds , remainder to follow later this week .

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, FRID 22 MAY,

MAIN BALL ROOM (largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Cd's in post today! hopefully you kids should have them by the weekend.

All the best

Ollie

Fcuk me, am still trying to decide what to put on mine :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Fcuk me, am still trying to decide what to put on mine :thumbsup:

I put the recent bout of insomnia to good use..........

Social source share

received andys and ollies today, the new boys are off to a good start :thumbsup:

now where that want list...........................

alan

Me too!! i've received theirs. I have done mine, copied and ready for packaging up, and sending off. Will be about the end of next week to receive my discs. From early 60's to a couple of crossover type things. I enjoyed making it and think your ears will enjoy!!

Mike

oh, and numpty here bought c.d's that look like blank label 45's. Only now none of them are blank, you alll now have a one off designer label 45 stylie c.d.

Edited by posstot
Social source share

Me too!! i've received theirs. I have done mine, copied and ready for packaging up, and sending off. Will be about the end of next week to receive my discs. From early 60's to a couple of crossover type things. I enjoyed making it and think your ears will enjoy!!

Mike

oh, and numpty here bought c.d's that look like blank label 45's. Only now none of them are blank, you alll now have a one off designer label 45 stylie c.d.

Mine should go in the post tomorrow.

32 tracks and over a third of which you won't find in the price guides :D (must be sh!t :lol: ) A real mixture of styles and eras from me but they are reflective of my last 12 months purchases so that's my excuse.

Anyway hope at least a couple are of interest.

Social source share

got ged and sammys today :( , try and give 'em a listen over the next couple of days. :D

after reading the letter with geds :P , i'm scared i'll have to remortgage the house to keep up LOL

hope to get mine done over the weekend, if all goes well :g:

well done chaps

alan

Social source share

got ged and sammys today :( , try and give 'em a listen over the next couple of days. :D

after reading the letter with geds :P , i'm scared i'll have to remortgage the house to keep up LOL

hope to get mine done over the weekend, if all goes well :g:

well done chaps

alan

Luckily its not about cost Alan the best two tracks IMHO are the Donnie Wells and the Little Sherman and I paid less than $10 for each of them. I'd have paid much more but didn't need to there's loads of em about.

Social source share

Alan,

Any chance of PMing a list of real names and soul-source ID's it isn't always obvious. I know some but not all and be nice to acknowledge the work that's gone in to them.

Ged

leave it with me, i'll see what i can do. although people should really put on their member name. TAKE NOTE EVERYBODY :thumbsup:

one came today, that had nothing on, or a track list. i suspect its posstot's as it looked like a carver LOL looks lovely i might add yes.gif

can someone own up, and sort a track list, please :thumbup:

alan

Edited by ajb
Social source share

leave it with me, i'll see what i can do. although people should really put on their member name. TAKE NOTE EVERYBODY whistling.gif

one came today, that had nothing on, or a track list. i suspect its posstot's as it looked like a carver LOL looks lovely i might add :thumbup:

can someone own up, and sort a track list, please :wicked:

alan

WOHHOOOHH!! Yes it was off me. I had a disaster with the first batch of c.d's...saved them all as data instead of Audio. So they don't work on players. So you're all gonna end up with a white "carver". I've sent half off, the next batch is going out on Sat mornin. My apologies for my lack of proffessionalism one and all. I will be posting the track listing up later taters!!

Infact, if you've received yours pm me and i'll send the listing through au personalle!!! :no:

p.s. Will the disc i've copied as data still pick up on the old p.c?? if so i can send out all the artworked label copies!!! can a techno head p[lease help me!!!

by the way, have received Ged's and samuels too.. very nice indeed. thanks chaps!!

Edited by posstot
Social source share

not received any through the post yet yet and i must get mine started now football season has finished

will make a start at the weekend chaps and get these out next week

got a modern swap to do as well

cheers sean

Social source share

Guest imcomunhome

Did mine this weekend (What a mammoth task !) and am about to start posting out. Hope you guys will forgive me but i have to own up and say I'M NOT A DJ :lol: and my collection only spans a few hundred but they are all great soul sounds/dancers to me that i heard at various venues in the day and sought out for that reason. I picked a CD full that i thought should exclude all of the usual more played out suspects (e.g. No Frank Wilson ! :lol: ) but i realise many of them will be familiar to most here. All i can say is i hope some of them strike a happy chord and put as big a smile on your face as they do on mine.

By the way, i have received 4 other CDs so far from Ollie, Andy B, Samuel and Ged. Played em all a few times and they are growing on me fast. Feel kinda priviliged to have access to such a great selection of rare soul. Thanks guys. Keep'em coming.

ATB,

Pete M

PS: Ged: particularly like 'The Cheaters' :lol: .

Social source share

just noticed my details have been missed off the origional contacts list so ajb will be pm'ing my details

thought it was odd i hadnt received anything

:thumbup:

all done sean,

sorry buddy :ohmy:

you should see something now :thumbup:laugh.gif:ohmy:

alan

Social source share

PS: Ged: particularly like 'The Cheaters' :thumbup: .

Cheers Pete, It got 'em asking questions at Morecambe last Sat too. It came out on two labels apparently but I've only ever seen one of each.

Looking forward to listening to some more contributions on the long drive to Cornwall this weekend.

Ged

PS. Sean - I'll try and get another done before I head off on Holiday and post asap.

Social source share

Apologies to all for my lateness this time round.

I was hoping to put some of my other stuff onto my pc but that's proving harder than I thought. :D

Anyway, will try and get that sorted asap. If not, I will have to make do with what's on here already.

So sorry in advance for that :yes:

Social source share

Guest pauldicko

GED - AWSOME CD MATE - WIFES OFF TO YORK RACES ON 15TH WITH GIRLIES - IM BABYSITTING SO ITS MY INTENTION TO GET MINE DONE THAT WEEKEND -

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SENT DISCS SO FAR - MP3 PLAYERS GETTING HAMMER GOING TO WORK.

Edited by pauldicko
Social source share

4 fantastic cd received so far from Ollie , Ged Parker , Samual and John Pearson - fantastic tunes guys - lovin' them all , great variety and lots new to me - can't be any better than that !!!

York Modernist Weekender,15-17 May 2009, Unique event of Northern Soul, Ska, Mod, Motown, RnB Two Tone. Top DJs, live bands, merchandise stalls, camping & caravaning facilities. Full weekend pass £15 (including camping), day pass £5. For tickets & further information:tel 0845 4638719 or www.jimvegaspromotions.co.uk

Social source share

Sent mine this week so all UK soulies should have recieved thiers, thanks to Ged, Andy, Samuel, and Ollie, have them in the van and they make the long drive into London so much more bearable, looking forward to some more!

Best,

John.

Social source share

Really enjoyed John Pearsons CD..some great tunes on there mate...top stuff.

Chris.

thought you would wink.gif

i suspect it'll be one of john reeds favs as well :rolleyes: , and ockers :thumbsup:

theres been some excellent tunes all round, well done everyone

alan

Social source share

Really enjoyed John Pearsons CD..some great tunes on there mate...top stuff.

Chris.

Thanks Chris,

Quite a bit on that CD came from Recordmania over in Stockholm, I was there about 2 weeks ago, great city and the most friendliest people.

Great little record shop packed to the rafters with vinyl, Carl helped me spend plenty of Swedish Crowns, well worth a visit.

John.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!