• Replies 160
  • Views 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

mine went out thursday 14th hope its ok,

pete

worth waiting for Pete - arrived Sat and hey, true to form with all the cds recieved, the wants list getting rather long ....

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, FRID 22 MAY,

MAIN BALL ROOM (largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

GUEST DJs MICK H & PHIL SHIELDS. FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

https://www.imonmyway.me.uk/

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

oh yeah! some great cds popped through the door today from the attic boys and Pete. Nice work!

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Social source share

Good question Alan :lol::lol:

BTW meant to say thanks for organising this :thumbup:

thanks steve, but i just did the admin, its you guys out there that make it happen :hypo:

Edited by ajb
Social source share

All mine gone today :thumbsup:
arrived yesterday - wow - another cd of some crackin' tunes. Well done the Attic boys .

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, FRID 22 MAY,

MAIN BALL ROOM (largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

GUEST DJs MICK H & PHIL SHIELDS. FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

The 8th WHITBY SOUL WEEKENDER. 3- 5 July . Northern Anthems/Modern Up Front Grooves and Classics including an ALL NIGHTER.

Tickets available for ALL WEEKEND or SATURDAY only. Unrivalled East Coast Weekender DJ Line-up in 2 Rooms .

Andy Davies-Soul Sam-Chris King- Colin Curtis- Ginger Taylor- Kev Roberts-Mick H- Sean Chapman- Eddy Edmundson -Snowy- Nige Brown-Neil Jones-Bob Hinsley-Barry Maleady- Richard Cryer -Andy Bellwood -Steve Woomble- Sam Evans- Phil Kingswood--Dave Raistrick- Sam Moore- Liam Quinn -The SOULTOWN/Middleton Crew .

SPECIAL PRICE BREAKS; book on line at

www.goldsoul.co.uk for 'buy 3 get the 4th free' ticket offer.

Saturday only passes at £20 are available on line

Social source share

Sorry Peeps, been a bit delayed on sending the second batch out. Hoping to have them all posted by wed, at the Latest....My printer is out of ink so, as i have mentioned before, here below is the track listing.

Even those who have had my first lot, will be getting your personalised label c.d's too. As i think a few tracks are missing off the end of the ones already sent. As they will work on the p.c....not on a player though, dough.

C.d swapsees for soul-source as follows;

Knight bros. Love can't you hear me Chess W/D

Johnny & Jackie Let's go to a movie baby Anna W/D

Shorty Long Too Smart Tri-Phi W/D

Little Johnnie Taylor Oh how i love you Sar

Count Yates Chimpanzee Regis

Harvey Ooh ouch stop Chess

Elroy "Shadow" Peace Where did i goof Keen W/D

Jimmy Witherspoon I don't know Reprise

Bobby Adams Better days ahead Battle

Al Apollo I'm walkin Cub

J.T Carter The wild ones Decca pink/D

Freddy Jaye Thinkin' of you United Artists W/D

Lavern Baker Shadows of love Atlantic

Cleftones Do You Gee W/D

Kenny Ancel Am i too young to dance Colisium W/D

Valentinos Baby, lots of luck Sar

Little Charles and the Sidewinders Talkin' 'bout you babe Decca

Derek Martin You're too much Roulette W/D

Edy Armen Ask me no questions Capitol green/D

Fred Lowery-Big Bo and the Arrows I'm Sorry Atco

Impossibles It's alright Roulette W/D

Roscoe Robinson What you're doing to me Wand

Jimmy Hanna Happy Hour seafair Bolo

Hesitations She wont come back Kapp

Rose st.John Fool don't laugh Veep W/D

Ron Baxter I've got to know Ole 9

Mighty Lovers The mighty lover Boo-Ga-Loo yellow issue.

Speedy Cal Broom stick rider Musicor W/D

Lost generation You're so young but you're so true Brunswick

O.C Smith Color him father Columbia L.P only

Baby Washington This whole world Veep gospel L.P

Soul City I shot for the moon Mercury W/D

Rick Lovejoy Don't leave me behind Abc/paramount W/D (a thirty second tease only)

From Rock and Soul to x-over, it's all in there.( and there's plenty more where that came from!! :rolleyes: )

ATB MIKE ( can we let peeps know the listing is up thanks again).

Social source share

Should be doing mine tomorrow...i mean later today!

Must say personally i prefered the swap when it was more of a crossover type thing...dont want to be a moaner but thats how it started off with the Lp tracks....

Still, had some really nice Cds through so far.

Chris.

Don't moan then :lol::lol:

Social source share

Guest miff

Just recorded mine, and listening to the test press now, and I like it but I would wouldn't I, something for every one I hope, just got to burn them know, love receiving these CDs But burning them is a bit of a chore :thumbsup: any how hang on in there, there coming

Social source share

my wife and daughter are out of town for the weekend.

got some beer on the way home, and am playing the cds and going through some records.

sounding real good everyone.

balance of my cds will be in the mail tomorrow.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Recived some cracking cds form Chris Anderton,Ok GAZ,Ian Dewhirst,John Lloyd,Attic Boys,ajb,Ollie,J D Pearson,Sammuel Hugosson,Ged Parker,Andy bellwood,some great records in there fella's,my selection will be with you shortly,lots of newies for you.Thanx to all the above for the Cds,this is the only way to hear summert new,again thanx. Graham.

Social source share

Mine will be in the mail tomorrow (Friday) some first class and some second as i didnt have enough first class stamps!

Feedback very much appreciated...

Cheers, Chris

Chris,

We really enjoyed your CD, it arrived in time to go in the car for the trip up to Monumental on Saturday, Now all I have to do is take it out of the car and transfer it to my van without Noreen finding out..............easy! :D

Social source share

Guest Ollie Lailey

Two great CD's Arrived today from Pat And Dave...........superb stuff boys.

Keep em' coming people!

Edited by Ollie Lailey
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

those fantastic cds just keep comin' - everyone different and a real gem - thanks to all so far .

Any idea when those others will be compiling theirs and sending out ?

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in UK) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

FURTHER INFO, REVIEWS, PHOTOS ETC

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

those fantastic cds just keep comin' - everyone different and a real gem - thanks to all so far .

Any idea when those others will be compiling theirs and sending out ?

A million apologies from me guys.

One of the first last time and what looks like the last this time.

Just been down and dug some bits and bobs out of the old boxes and aim to get them recorded by the weekend.

Can someone email me the address list again please?

Many thanks.

Social source share

A million apologies from me guys.

One of the first last time and what looks like the last this time.

Just been down and dug some bits and bobs out of the old boxes and aim to get them recorded by the weekend.

Can someone email me the address list again please?

Many thanks.

Fear not Joan - your not the last

i'm sure it will be worth waiting for thumbsup.gif

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK,

SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England ) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Guest miff

Appoliges from me, Just seem to be constantly at work or going to work at the mo, will get mine posted as soon as i can, not easy when you work nights:no:

Social source share

J' Joan & Pikeys - many thanks for the cds - brill tracks from start to finish thumbup.gif . The 1st track on Pikeys' just out of this world - how do i track one down ?

Apart from 'Miff' , are there any outstanding - i only ask because 1/2 of those i've received are in France and i've lost count of this rather excellent collection.thumbsup.gif

When's the next swap ? - can i put my name down in anticipation? laugh.gif

'best

Andy

NORTH YORKSHIRE SOUL CLUB @ THE MAGNIFICENT RILEY SMITH HALL. TADCASTER nr YORK, SAT 17th OCTOBER

MAIN BALL ROOM (reputedly largest wooden sprung dance floor in England ) & UPSTAIRS RARE SOUL ROOM.

Perpignan Soul Weekender 2010

Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Some of you, eight of you actually, should have Mine as of last Mon morning, the rest are in the Post tray at work as I type this...

thank god, that was allot harder this time round, especially as I'm about to go on Paternity leave tomorrow, I'm glad they have gone out now...

Thanks to everyone who has sent me a CD thus far...

Mal>C :lol:

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!