Rsg Superstar Dj's Keb Danny Baz Pablo @ Buzzard

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Wasn't this first played by John Vincent way before Keb, Wigan maybe?  Keb later reviving it at Stafford.  Can't remember what it was covered as though???  Was it covered?

link

didn't know it had been played that long ago good on you John Vincent....but don't remember it being played....

Social source share

Keb played it as Marsha Gee

link

That's what I was waiting for....Just doing some More MP3's of Leighton Buzzard Allnighter DJ sets, there is a great 1 of Danny Everard followed by by an all Swearing & Cursing as usual Keb Darge & he play's it as Marshsa Gee - The Dance Track....& a whole lot more besides be on soul-source B4 9.30....

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

That's what I was waiting for....Just doing some More MP3's of Leighton Buzzard Allnighter DJ sets, there is a great 1 of Danny Everard followed by by an all Swearing & Cursing as usual Keb Darge  & he play's it as Marshsa Gee - The Dance Track....& a whole lot more besides be on soul-source B4 9.30....

link

Was Danny responsible for Timi Yuro- never be over for me

Social source share

Was Danny responsible for Timi Yuro- never be over for me

link

I wouldn't say he was responsible for it :P But he used to play it a lot :yes: & come to think of it, When I hear Timi Yuro I do think of Young Danny Everard :P Danny & Keb @ Buzzard now @ Sounds on soul-source :yes:

JB

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

wicked.gif Keb  Darge :thumbsup:   Used to play " Peanut Duck " in the late 80's What was it originaly Coverd Up As ????

link

is this a quiz?

can i play?

ok, who bootlegged peanut duck?

and

who did he credit as the composers?

:yes:

Social source share

is this a quiz?

can i play?

ok, who bootlegged peanut duck?

and

who did he credit as the composers?

:yes:

link

Gilly & Jilly,and i dont want to say who booted it!!!he may not want it known?nothing to with me though! :thumbsup:

Social source share

those live tape things are brilliant jon

bring back a lot of memories

presume recorded from the decks? shame you didn't have an effects mike for the crowd noise (at least on the ones i've heard so far) but that's probably expecting too much!!

really great all the same

Social source share

Guest bonsors

I remember Pablo playing this at Cliff Steels do in N/hton back in the 80s

covererd as the Tempests.

Dave f...........

link

Yes, Pablo played it at the Coventry All Dayers in Breaks mid 80s....

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

Gilly & Jilly,and i dont want to say who booted it!!!he may not want it known?nothing to with me though! :thumbsup:

link

yeah.......one of gilly's great stories about this :yes:

as for not wanting to be known, he's been on here this afternoon and not credited himself so i spose we can take it that he doesn't wicked.gif

is it known who the real artist is anyway?

Social source share

those live tape things are brilliant jon bring back a lot of memories

presume recorded from the decks? shame you didn't have an effects mike for the crowd noise (at least on the ones i've heard so far) but that's probably expecting too much!!

really great all the same

link

Yes shame there are no crowd noises on the tapes :shades:But that makes them a bit different than the usual Live Tapes wicked.gif But the best is yet to come :thumbsup: Baz Ryley :yes: What a star he was ( RIP ) Not many DJ's could get away with Shouting & Singing along with the Records the way he did :yes: & be liked....

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!