South Coast Soul Club (eastbourne)

Guest vespastu

Guest vespastu

Our do was in the middle of a south coast trio of do's. Started Friday at the Half Brick in Worthing where Steve and Johnny put on a great night with a crowd of top notch people and music to match :yes:

Then it was our turn on Saturday! Thought is was a gamble moving from the town hall as that is such a great venue :P But boy did it pay off!! For me this was by far the best night we have put on since we started out nearly 2 years ago. Just think the venue was more suited to the amount of people we get through the door!! We were up on numbers . think it was close to our biggest crowd yet. Don't know why this was but maybe the fact that you could smoke helped and the hotel offered digs and we went on till 1am instead of midnight. From early on it seemed packed with great people having a great time so i could relax and not think Fu** where am i going to find the cash to pay for this one!!!

The 2 guest Dj's did us proud and all the music seemed to go down really well. Thanks to everyone who came and made it all worth while! Will defo be putting on another do on at this venue soon :yes:

Then it was off to Brighton's volks tavern on Sunday for another great all-dayer put on by Simon. Always have a good time at this do and it didn't disappoint.

So there you are. South coast clubs well and truly putting the South Coast on the Soul map :P All the best. STU.

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest SteveC

Our do was in the middle of a south coast trio of do's. Started Friday at the Half Brick in Worthing where Steve and Johnny put on a great night with a crowd of top notch people and music to match :yes:

Then it was our turn on Saturday! Thought is was a gamble moving from the town hall as that is such a great venue :P But boy did it pay off!! For me this was by far the best night we have put on since we started out nearly 2 years ago. Just think the venue was more suited to the amount of people we get through the door!! We were up on numbers . think it was close to our biggest crowd yet. Don't know why this was but maybe the fact that you could smoke helped and the hotel offered digs and we went on till 1am instead of midnight. From early on it seemed packed with great people having a great time so i could relax and not think Fu** where am i going to find the cash to pay for this one!!!

The 2 guest Dj's did us proud and all the music seemed to go down really well. Thanks to everyone who came and made it all worth while! Will defo be putting on another do on at this venue soon :yes:

Then it was off to Brighton's volks tavern on Sunday for another great all-dayer put on by Simon. Always have a good time at this do and it didn't disappoint.

So there you are. South coast clubs well and truly putting the South Coast on the Soul map :P   All the best. STU.

link

The Eastbourne event was indeed a raging success. Had a great time and the music was of a high standard and not "same old same old".

I would go as far as to say that this was the best Northern do along the South Coast and I will be there for the next one. Great dancefloor, and an electric atmosphere. Well done Steve & Stu. Whens the next one there?? Just have to extend the 1 am finish now!!!

Guest vespastu

The Eastbourne event was indeed a raging success. Had a great time and the music was of a high standard and not "same old same old".

I would go as far as to say that this was the best Northern do along the South Coast and I will be there for the next one. Great dancefloor, and  an electric atmosphere. Well done Steve & Stu. Whens the next one there?? Just have to extend the 1 am finish now!!!

link

Thanks for your kind words mate :yes: Going to the hotel Thursday to sort out new date and don't think will will have any trouble getting a later finish :yes:

See you soon. STU.

Well done, had a fabby time when I last came down to the other venue, should be a lot easier for us to come along now im working for Dave, will have to try and clash your next do with work so we can make it :yes:

Hello Stu,

A great weekend on the south coast, I managed as you know to go to all 3 events, Worthing great time good friends and good music, thanks to Steve & Stu for taking me there............... :yes:

Saturday night was the best in my humble opinion, an excellent venue with great guest DJs and the residents Stu & Steve............. :yes: Lots of South Coast soulies in attendance.

Sunday was good to to catch up with other South Coast Soulies I had not seen on Friday or Saturday and some SSers I had not met before and some I had met at other venues.

All in all a great weekend............... :P:P

Guest vespastu

What are the future dates - haven't been to the South Coast for a weekend for ages.....I need a break  :yes:

link

We are sorting the date for the next Eastbourne one todayso will post it up :yes:

Guest vespastu

Hello Stu,

A great weekend on the south coast, I managed as you know to go to all 3 events, Worthing great time good friends and good music, thanks to Steve & Stu for taking me there............... :yes:

Saturday night  was the best in my humble opinion, an excellent venue with great guest DJs and the residents Stu & Steve............. :yes: Lots of South Coast soulies in attendance.

Sunday was good to to catch up with other South Coast Soulies I had not seen on  Friday or Saturday and some SSers I had not met before and some I had met at other venues.

All in all a great weekend............... :P   :P

link

Hi Lin Just about recovered from the weekend :P Was a good one :yes:

Doing a scooter do at the harbour tomorrow night with myself playing northern and another guy playing ska and stuff. Come down if your not busy. STU

Guest vespastu

Well done, had a fabby time when I last came down to the other venue, should be a lot easier for us to come along now im working for Dave, will have to try and clash your next do with work so we can make it  :yes:

link

Thanks Janine. Be good to see you. Not seen Dave for ages. How is he?

a great night and great venue! i'll be charging up my chariot ready for the next one and this time im going on the pier with a hankie on my head and a glass of brown ale.

bring it on!!!!!

matt

V.S.C

We are sorting the date for the next Eastbourne one todayso will post it up :D

link

Yes getting the old Motorhome out of the Moth Balls :( Might be down to Eastbourne???? :P With all the old GIT's :D When is your next one :D ....

Keep @ It

:( Jon Buck :D

post-2461-1117631545_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonbuck

a great night and great venue! i'll be charging up my chariot ready for the next one and this time im going on the pier with a hankie on my head and a glass of brown ale.

bring it on!!!!!

Agreed - we really had a good time on Saturday and it was great that (for once) the organisers had no hassle either!!!

Will post up some photo's and playlists, etc. as soon as possible if anyone is interested :P

Great to have met you and Sarah at the weekend, Matt. :D

Steve

EASTBOURNE

Agreed - we really had a good time on Saturday and it was great that (for once) the organisers had no hassle either!!!

:D What Does That Mean :D Had No Hassle :P What Normally Happen's ???? :D thought it was safe @ Eastbourne :(

Jon Buck

Edited by jonbuck
Guest vespastu

Yes getting the old Motorhome out of the Moth Balls :D Might be down to Eastbourne????  :D With all the old GIT's :D When is your next one :P ....

Keep @ It

:( Jon Buck :D

link

How many people can the motor home hold? Maybe we can offer accommodation to the punters :(

Guest andrew bin

Weldone Stu, glad to hear you had a good night, you deserve it mate :D

(Tracie and I have allways enjoyed our visits to Eastbourne, the beer allways tastes better by the sea)

Was matt on his best behaviour (or did he have any pegs stuck to his face :P )

................Andrew

Guest vespastu

Weldone Stu, glad to hear you had a good night, you deserve it mate :D

(Tracie and I have allways enjoyed our visits to Eastbourne, the beer allways tastes better by the sea)

Was matt on his best behaviour (or did he have any pegs stuck to his face :P )

................Andrew

link

Cheers mate. No problem with Matt and Sarah,they where as goo as gold :D

Tell him Snoopy misses him!

Looking forward to your all-nighter.

See you soon and love to T.

Guest SteveC

Weldone Stu, glad to hear you had a good night, you deserve it mate wink.gif

Was matt on his best behaviour (or did he have any pegs stuck to his face laugh.gif )

................Andrew

link

He was very excited Andy :ohmy::yes:

He was very excited Andy  :ohmy:   wink.gif

link

I noticed that too!!!

OK - this is what I had great fun playing out and listening to very loud on Saturday night:

1st set (8pm - 8.30pm)

The Intertains - Gotta find a girl (Uptown)

Mill Evans - Why, why, why (King)

Ortheia Barnes - I've never loved nobody (Coral)

Margie Joseph - One more chance (Volt)

Sidney Barnes - New York city (Blues Tone)

Patti Austin - He's good enough for me (Coral)

Larry Atkins - Lighten up (Highland)

Lorraine Chandler - Tell me you're mine (Giant)

Steve Mancha - He stole a love that was mine (Groovesville reissue)

Nancy Butts - I want to hold your hand baby (Flaming Arrow)

Betty Harris - 12 red roses (Stateside)

Dorothy Williams - The well's gone dry (Goldwax)

Jimmy & Vella Cameron - Lovin' you is such a groove (Reprise)

2nd set (10.30pm - 11pm)

Willie Small - How high can you fly (Jessica)

Cliff Nobles - My love is getting stronger (Atlantic)

Patti Austin - You're too much a part of me (Coral)

Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Get out (Landa)

Tobi Lark - Challenge my love (Topper)

Roy Robert - I know what to do to satisfy you (Tina)

The Metros - Since I found my baby (RCA)

The Magicians - Just a little faith and understanding (Kent anniversary single)

The Parliaments - Heart trouble (Golden World)

Spyder Turner - I can't make it anymore (MGM)

The Dynamics - I need your love (RCA)

The Supremes - Love is like an itching in my heart

3rd set (12.30am - 1am) - double decking with Stu

Marlena Shaw - Let's wade in the water (Cadet)

The Artistics - The chase is on (Brunswick)

Melba Moore - The magic touch (Kent anniversary single)

Edwin Starr - I have faith in you (Ric Tic)

He was very excited Andy  :ohmy:   laugh.gif

link

i blame it on the dodgy asprins and half a woodbine that a tramp on the beach sold me!

somebody else tried selling me something in the public toilets in brighton aswell!! wink.gif:yes:

What I remember spinning is

1st set

21st Century - Shadow Of A Memory - Dot

Tom-Emmanuel & Ron Experience - Why - Golden Three

Continental 4 - What You Gave Up - Jay Walking

Bobby Bland - Shoes - Duke

ZZ Hill - Gimme Gimme - Kent

Exciters - Blowing My Mind To Pieces - RCA

Soul City - Who Do You Think You Are - Goodtime

Tobi Lark - Happiness Is Here - Topper

2nd Set

Ozz & His Sperlings - Can You Qualify - Goldenway