Distortion Audible On Viola Wills - I Got Love?

I've got a copy up for auction right now and it is clean - but there is some distortion behind her vocals at different times during the song. I didn't hear it when I created the sound clip. Strange - sounds like the channel needs to be cleaned or a needle issue or something - except I hear it on three different turntables - and only with this record. BUT - when I play it in Mono on our good turntable - distortion goes away.

So - I'm wondering if this is a pressing issue with the record in general - or just an issue with my copy. If it is pressed in Mono - and that could be all it is - or if it is defective single. I've added a note about the distortion in the Q&A on the auction - but I don't want to stick someone with a bum copy (if that's what it is).

I dunno - any thoughts appreciated...

Social source share

• Replies 2
  • Views 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've got a copy up for auction right now and it is clean - but there is some distortion behind her vocals at different times during the song. I didn't hear it when I created the sound clip. Strange - sounds like the channel needs to be cleaned or a needle issue or something - except I hear it on three different turntables - and only with this record. BUT - when I play it in Mono on our good turntable - distortion goes away.

So - I'm wondering if this is a pressing issue with the record in general - or just an issue with my copy. If it is pressed in Mono - and that could be all it is - or if it is defective single. I've added a note about the distortion in the Q&A on the auction - but I don't want to stick someone with a bum copy (if that's what it is).

I dunno - any thoughts appreciated...

Don't know if it is common with all copies however mine fits your description; distortion in stereo, fine in mono.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!