Phoenix Soul @ Grantham Squash Club With "yocky"

Well it,s only taken us about 3 or 4 years to get Yocky to come down to Grantham for us :lol: think in that time we have had to move venues 3 times :ohmy:

So at last on Sat 25th april he will be live and large :thumbsup: on the stage at Phoenix Soul @ Grantham squash Club, Harlaxton Rd, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 7JX.

Kick off is at 8pm and we run till 12.30, bar till 12.

£4 gets you in.

Barry & Ian will be spinning a smorgasboard of across the board music :ohmy:

Easy access from the A1/A607 Junction, there is a premier inn just 100yds away too :thumbup:

Hope to see you all there thumbup.gif

Ian.

• Replies 34
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest smudgesmith

Well it,s only taken us about 3 or 4 years to get Yocky to come down to Grantham for us :lol: think in that time we have had to move venues 3 times :ohmy:

So at last on Sat 25th april he will be live and large :thumbsup: on the stage at Phoenix Soul @ Grantham squash Club, Harlaxton Rd, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 7JX.

£4 gets you in.

Barry & Ian will be spinning a smorgasboard of across the board music :ohmy:

Easy access from the A1/A607 Junction, there is a premier inn just 100yds away too :thumbup:

Hope to see you all there thumbup.gif

Ian.

a smorgasboard WTF does that mean Porky :)

a smorgasboard WTF does that mean Porky :thumbsup:

As if you don't recognise a food term ya porker !! ( mind you spelling may be a bit swedish laugh.gif ), be nice to see you again mate !! not able to get out most fridays now due to new job !! just off to work now so keep it bumped ok fat boy :thumbup:

Ian.

Well it,s only taken us about 3 or 4 years to get Yocky to come down to Grantham for us :ohmy: think in that time we have had to move venues 3 times :D

So at last on Sat 25th april he will be live and large :unsure: on the stage at Phoenix Soul @ Grantham squash Club, Harlaxton Rd, Grantham, Lincs, NG31 7JX.

£4 gets you in.

Barry & Ian will be spinning a smorgasboard of across the board music :P

Easy access from the A1/A607 Junction, there is a premier inn just 100yds away too :lol:

Hope to see you all there :unsure:

Ian.

Hi Ian

Really looking forward to this one smile.gif:):) We will be coming with some of Team Tarn. ( Brandy Sisters are missing as they have to go for a fitting on their new long line's :ohmy::lol:laugh.giflaugh.gif )

By the way it has only been 3 1/4 years, but will will be there. :P

See you all Saturday

Yocky and Jx

As if you don't recognise a food term ya porker !! ( mind you spelling may be a bit swedish :thumbsup: ), be nice to see you again mate !! not able to get out most fridays now due to new job !! just off to work now so keep it bumped ok fat boy :ohmy:

Ian.

The Chef worries me,

he eats most before placing the crumbs for the general public

Yocky keep that Ian under control.

sorry cant make this one, doing the do at a Phil Collins tribute night in newark,

any righteous lovers of phil collins or is that closet lovers pm me,

wont go on, as digging me own grave.

As if you don't recognise a food term ya porker !! ( mind you spelling may be a bit swedish :thumbsup: ), be nice to see you again mate !! not able to get out most fridays now due to new job !! just off to work now so keep it bumped ok fat boy :lol:

Ian.

Swedish!! does that mean Abba OMG :lol: look forward to seeing Yocky at our plush venue, it's about time.

Oh by the way no we don't play Abba, but we do play right across the board soul music, if it's anything like the last Phoenix event we're in for a cracker.

Barry

Edited by Guest

may even pay this a vist be our 1st time does that make us virgins :thumbup::thumbsup:

You'll be made more than welcome Dave, there is always a 1st time for everything. :lol:

Barry

Guest smudgesmith

You'll be made more than welcome Dave, there is always a 1st time for everything. :lol:

Barry

i always remember the 1st time you bought me a drink Barry :D and the way you cried into your empty wallet tongue.gif

Yep the more the merrier on saturday Dave !!, bring some friends too :thumbup:

Ian.

Hi Barry and Ian

Hope you have a good night on Saturday. :D

Won't be there as you know. Sorry to be missing Yocky. :(

I wonder if he will have those "falling-down" trousers on??!!?? :thumbup::D:shhh:

Ian

Hope you guys have a good time at Soul In The Sun, if the weather stays like this we'll be at Grantham In The Sun :P:lol:

Oh and Ian you may always remember me buying your 1st drink, but I can't remember the last time you brought me a drink :thumbup:

Hope you guys have a good time at Soul In The Sun, if the weather stays like this we'll be at Grantham In The Sun :lol::lol:

Oh and Ian you may always remember me buying your 1st drink, but I can't remember the last time you brought me a drink :thumbsup:

Barry

I don't think I've ever seen him buy anyone a drink :lol:

Sorry we won't be there this time hope you have a good one.

See you soon

Stuart and Linda

Barry

I don't think I've ever seen him buy anyone a drink :no:

Sorry we won't be there this time hope you have a good one.

See you soon

Stuart and Linda

Hey i didn't get where i am today by foolishly buying drinks for everyone :lol::lol:

I always buy you your 2nd drink Barry cos it,s normally 1/2 a coke :wave:

Sorry your going to miss a good night with Yocky, Stu & Ian but we will soldier on regardless :wave: , more room at the bar with Linda not on a session too :)

Ian.

Guest smudgesmith

Hey i didn't get where i am today by foolishly buying drinks for everyone :thumbsup::thumbup:

I always buy you your 2nd drink Barry cos it,s normally 1/2 a coke :P

Sorry your going to miss a good night with Yocky, Stu & Ian but we will soldier on regardless :D , more room at the bar with Linda not on a session too :P

Ian.

Good Afternoon your Porkyness :thumbup: It looks like your gonna get a good crowd in to see the TROUSER DROPPING ONE or is it the fact that you have promised to buy each and every person through the door a drink

Edited by smudgesmith

Good Afternoon your Porkyness :thumbsup: It looks like your gonna get a good crowd in to see the TROUSER DROPPING ONE or is it the fact that you have promised to buy each and every person through the door a drink

Drinks for all will be lined up at 7.30 mate, doors open at 8 and you will find me asleep on the floor under the bar by then :D

I,ve told Yocky he better be wearing a shirt and tie to get in our posh do :thumbup: , just hope thats not all he wears :P:thumbup::P

you coming up fatboy ?

Ian.

Good Afternoon your Porkyness :thumbsup: It looks like your gonna get a good crowd in to see the TROUSER DROPPING ONE or is it the fact that you have promised to buy each and every person through the door a drink

Eyup Andy, you got the day off work mate or do you just happen to have a company computer thats permanently linked to soul source ?? Luv yas. See ya in September / October. Tony T BONE Edgley. The Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

Guest smudgesmith

Eyup Andy, you got the day off work mate or do you just happen to have a company computer thats permanently linked to soul source ?? Luv yas. See ya in September / October. Tony T BONE Edgley. The Aussie Invader. K.T.F.

Ey up!!!!!! youve even got the lingo now Tone :thumbsup:

Good Afternoon your Porkyness :lol: It looks like your gonna get a good crowd in to see the TROUSER DROPPING ONE or is it the fact that you have promised to buy each and every person through the door a drink
Wished i had reputation for playing top sounds like smudge instead of dropping mi keks maybe one day :lol: ps i had the unenviable task of following him and coops at skeg :yes: very hard work after what they played :lol: but the small time boy from Barnsley will do his best see you all saturday.Yocky and Joy. :thumbup: Edited by soulcrew

Drinks for all will be lined up at 7.30 mate, doors open at 8 and you will find me asleep on the floor under the bar by then :lol:

I,ve told Yocky he better be wearing a shirt and tie to get in our posh do :thumbsup: , just hope thats not all he wears :lol::D:)

you coming up fatboy ?

Ian.

What that should read was

Lieing under pump on floor with steady trickle of alcohol from tap directed at open mouth, under bar.

aprox 2 pints every 30 mins

with a break to spin a few heavy records from yer big box.

Guest smudgesmith

Wished i had reputation for playing top sounds like smudge instead of dropping mi keks maybe one day :lol: ps i had the unenviable task of following him and coops at skeg :lol: very hard work after what they played :lol: but the small time boy from Barnsley will do his best see you all saturday.Yocky and Joy. :lol:

Hey up Yocky,your comments are well recieved thankyou. :lol:

This venue is a bit posh..........they check to see if your shoes are cleaned and finger nails trimmed :lol:

OH make sure you have clean undies on! :lol::yes:

Smudge

Don't worry Smifffffy i,ll be on hand to make sure the holy one keeps his holy undies on :lol:

looking forward to seeing Yocky & Joy at our posh do :thumbup:

getting loads of texts & emails asking for directions but it,s still in the same place and hasn't moved since last time :yes:

A1/A607 turning right by the A1 and the priory pub and travel lodge is over the road.

If coming north come off A1 at A607, down slip road turn right at roundabout and go under A1, Squash club is on the left.

If coming south, leave A1 at A607, down to roundabout and go right, down to T junction and turn right, squash club is 300 yds ish on your right

I,ll repeat these later for you Mr Smith :lol:

Ian.

Hey up Tony dont encourage them ime on strict orders from joy now ime in the ambulance service my stripping career is over :thumbsup: Y

Don't worry Yocky, as long as their clean mate, just incase you have an accident. Can you imagine what they would say at the hospital.. ' Oh Joy, Yocky was in a bad way when he came in, but you should have seen the state of his undies ' lol. Anyway mate have a great night and give Smudge a big kiss from us. See yas at Skeggy in September. Tony T BONE and Sue, OZ. Spreading The Faith Down Under.

Well up for tonight, should be a good un' looking to hearing Yocky's spot.

I had a couple of calls last night asking about the music policy, well it is right across the board, you can just about expect anything, oldies to modern, something for everyone, why not come and try us, should be fun.

Barry

I had a couple of calls last night asking about the music policy, well it is right across the board, you can just about expect anything, oldies to modern, something for everyone, why not come and try us, should be fun.

Barry

Yep right across the board, including an oldies spot from Barry :g:laugh.gif sorry i mean Gareth Jones, an oldies DJ from Llandudno paying us a visit with his box !!, Barry will be spinning his usual mix of "Jacko" sounds :lol: and i,ll be going through Motown, 70,s and crossover for a good mix of across the board music.

Ian.

Barry

well records packed just on our way to pickup nell and jean see you in a short while cant wait joy and yocky.