Little Anthony Refund

Guest dundeedavie

surely their bank will be getting a bit pissed off with cheques being bounced ? (never having bounced one i'm not sure of the procedure ) and now that people know legal proceedings are a possibilty don't be surprised if someone does go down that road .

Social source share

Good posts nos: 87 & 89 :thumbup:

Now let me see.

I've got £100 in the bank, I want a £50 record, great - get it. The I have a £100 Utility bill to pay, ok, pay it. The bank won't mind will they?

Then I see another record I want, great, get it, bank won't mind.

lets all do it, they won't mind will they. The Country is in great shape eh!

Not.

P :lol:

Social source share

Good posts nos: 87 & 89 :thumbup:

Now let me see.

I've got £100 in the bank, I want a £50 record, great - get it. The I have a £100 Utility bill to pay, ok, pay it. The bank won't mind will they?

Then I see another record I want, great, get it, bank won't mind.

lets all do it, they won't mind will they. The Country is in great shape eh!

Not.

P smile.gif

Youre post makes absolutely no sense, the point in question is whether or not the police should be involved :lol:

God is my English so bad that no one understands my point. First I'm defending Tracey & Andy then I'm saying that its OK to give out cheques that bounce when I've said neither

READ MY POSTS CAREFULLY (thats shouting)

The English language really shoudnt be that difficult to understand!!!!!!!!!!!

So just to clarify, my point is this:

THIS MATTER IS TOO TRIVIAL FOR THE POLICE TO BE INVOLVED (IMO) They have better things to be doing

People wanting their money back should pursue the matter through the civil courts if necessary

End of.............

Anyone not understanding this I'd advise you to enrol at a local college on an English for beginners course....good luck!

Social source share

Oh for gooness sake,I did,it was me, dont blame Pete. lol

But it was Natwest that first said it !!

They know the story and as there are a few of us (alot of us)? anyone know how many havent been refunded. ? So THEY advised to take it to the police with it being a fraudulent crime... as the member (who worked in the industry) on here has already stated. (sorry lost his post).

Tracey

And apart from the money loss from the tickets, how about those of us who had made hotel bookings, rail tickets ... and we couldnt be refunded cause of having to cancel.

I would also be interested to know... those that havent been refunded are they living far out of Notts, its just that i know a few friends from Notts have been paid, but for those of us outside havent.

Hi there,are you meaning Nottingham and not Notts in general?.If Tracey and Andy didn't pay those who they see first,they might get a baseball bat at the back of the head.

Hope you all get your money back,but don't try to imply its some sh*tty Notts conspiracy - Trandygate!!??- Bonnie and Clyde they are not. :thumbup: ..KevH on Life's computer.

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

Hi there,are you meaning Nottingham and not Notts in general?.If Tracey and Andy didn't pay those who they see first,they might get a baseball bat at the back of the head.

Hope you all get your money back,but don't try to imply its some sh*tty Notts conspiracy - Trandygate!!??- Bonnie and Clyde they are not. :thumbup: ..KevH on Life's computer.

I think she means exactly what you have said in your first paragraph! They would be in trouble if they were meeting people they owe money to every day! lol!

On another note, what's stopping someone doing something similar in another area? Sounds possilbe to me!

Personally I shall give my cheque one more go at the end of the month anf then who knows?

Jo xx

Social source share

They don't owe me money so I will no doubt be told to sling my hook. :thumbup:

It's a really bad show when the promoters can't even be bothered to come on here and say something to the people whose money they have taken.

Oh, my friends cheque bounced as well sad.gif

Well if anyone had just reason to say I TOLD YOU SO it would be you (and Toad).

Except you were told to shut up and stop being negative if I remember correctly.

So I'll take more notice of your predictions in future Joan.

Any tips on this weeks lottery :lol:

Social source share

I'm not saying that its the case in your situation but the law, a court, the pope or even god himself cant physically make someone pay money to a creditor if they dont actually have it.

Its well know that you can get a court judgement in your favour but getting your money back is an entirely different matter.

Their are procedures in place through courts (Small claims) where when the judgement is made -an order against any income is arrested from a PAYE source. So unless they want to work for the rest of their lives on back handers they dont have a lot of room to manouvre.

I have esperience of this myself when a former tennant did a runner owing me £800 in rent and £1500 in damage to the property. I had an order on him for wages arrestment from a PAYE source- Meaning soon as he started working for a normal route wage - It was arrested- Got some money back then he moved abroad!

Social source share

The least they can do is come on here and explain what has happened

An explanation would be nice

two tickets and a hotel cancellation charge of £10 down the line

The promoters havent explained why the alldayer never went ahead

I had my doubts about LA making an appearance but i always thought the alldayer would go ahead with or without LA

surely if the alldayer took place without the headline act none of this trouble would be happening now.

Social source share

I think she means exactly what you have said in your first paragraph! They would be in trouble if they were meeting people they owe money to every day! lol!

On another note, what's stopping someone doing something similar in another area? Sounds possilbe to me!

Personally I shall give my cheque one more go at the end of the month anf then who knows?

Jo xx

Hi Jo,

Thanks for your first para and supporting me. Of course no one knows us and how much we support Notts and how many miles (especially you) travel that far to support events. Never thought someone on the Soul Scene would say something so horrid.

As you know my point was, its far safer to bounce a cheque with people living a distance, then bouncing on those on your doorstep , as they may well be banging on the door. T xx

Social source share

Their are procedures in place through courts (Small claims) where when the judgement is made -an order against any income is arrested from a PAYE source. So unless they want to work for the rest of their lives on back handers they dont have a lot of room to manouvre.

I have esperience of this myself when a former tennant did a runner owing me £800 in rent and £1500 in damage to the property. I had an order on him for wages arrestment from a PAYE source- Meaning soon as he started working for a normal route wage - It was arrested- Got some money back then he moved abroad!

Yep, attachment of earnings order that the employer has to abide by, by law.

Social source share

Guest Sharon Mckinstry

Right, had enough now. angry.gif Plane tickets from Glasgow £157, Hotel £146, Tickets £30. Decided to travel down for the igloo event because we would have lost so much money in cancelling altogether so actually very grateful to the people in Nottingham who DID run an event :ohmy: . Was told not to air grievancies on Soul Source and respected that sad.gif .

Tickets returned recorded delivery, no cheque. Emails sent with polite request for explanation, none given ohmy.gif . Now they're having nights out and buying wedding dresses :lol: . That's just bloody great, take it my invites in the post since I'm sponsoring it! :thumbup:

Social source share

ypu old gossip you, and do your fecking homework properly :P:P:P

here they are on a night out this Saturday just gone!!! Skint my arse!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=65813

is he looking in a sales box? :thumbsup::lol:

Me i'm lucky I put every thing off till tomorrow and then forget so in other words never got round to posting my cash off for 4 tickets...

but I do feel for all you lot that are quids out...

but because the promoters are silent on the whole subject it makes it worse for them and for people waiting for there money back..

Andy and Tracey would be better off coming on here and being honest... sorry we have lost x amount of money we owe x amount of people and we really can't afford it, we will work through the list at this time scale so you will be paid from our own money by (date)..

trouble is they will not get a loan or overdraft now they are bouncing cheques...

hope it gets sorted for all involved...

Social source share

Youre post makes absolutely no sense, the point in question is whether or not the police should be involved :thumbsup:

God is my English so bad that no one understands my point. First I'm defending Tracey & Andy then I'm saying that its OK to give out cheques that bounce when I've said neither

THIS MATTER IS TOO TRIVIAL FOR THE POLICE TO BE INVOLVED (IMO) They have better things to be doing

People wanting their money back should pursue the matter through the civil courts if necessary

End of.............

Anyone not understanding this I'd advise you to enrol at a local college on an English for beginners course....good luck!

Hey there's no need to shout, I am not deaf! :lol:

All I am saying is that if the banks were so leanient towards bounced cheques, we would all be doing it. Hence the rules.

P :P

Social source share

Youre post makes absolutely no sense, the point in question is whether or not the police should be involved :P

End of.............

Sorry, not sure what you're trying to say??? Any chance you could clarify your points in plain english?? :thumbsup::lol::P .

Adam.

PS. Totally agree, IMO the police have far better things to do with their time.

Social source share

I'd still like to know what the police would say if you turned up at the front desk and said "officer I've paid £x to this couple for a Northern Soul event that never took place and I cant get my money back off them. I demand you do something about it"

:lol::P:P:P:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

how funny is that!!!!!

nice one steve

f'kin excellent

What if i popped into my local police station and said 50/100 people have paid for an event that was cancelled, we were sent cheques that have bounced in respect of refunds, what action can we take ?

May not be laughed at as you seem to think wink.gif

Not that i intend to do that ( not yet anyway ) :thumbsup:

I have lost £73 so far, no apology for sending me a rubber cheque , just a curt message saying 'we are sorting it out with the bank ' which was a week ago, still nothing

and although they read this forum they don't respond , disgusting

Social source share

Guest cocopachino

After numerous emails, in which I included my bank details for a transfer as Tracey said the refund would go through much quicker, a cheque arrived last week ~ and that was after waiting for almost two months...... the cheque was returned to me Monday (4th) unpaid, have sent emails since, but no reply....

It's not good is it, why don't they tell us the truth....?

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Steve, me owd mucka, i just need to clarify something from your first post :lol:

Quote "Nearly choked on me Cornflakes"

Would they be Kelloggs. Or have you turned to the darkside ph34r.gif and are

now indulging in Sainsbury's for the nectar points, like our little friend :lol:

Remember Prestatyn :lol:

Best

Very Worried

Social source share

Guest CarlosFandango

ypu old gossip you, and do your fecking homework properly :P:P:P

here they are on a night out this Saturday just gone!!! Skint my arse!

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...i&img=65813

Fuxxxng Great at least I know my £60.00 is being well spent ! ..... At least Andy's got the stripey shirt on, he only needs a mask & a swag bag for Tracey and they've got the set.

Social source share

Guest Ranger

I'm not affected by this as I didn't buy any tickets but I do have some friends who are. I'm not wanting to pass judgement just make a couple of observations.

Every unpaid cheque costs the drawer anywhere between £20 to £40 in charges (although most banks cap the number of charges they'll impose in a single day) So, unless they have money coming in from somewhere, whatever funds they have will be disappearing fairly quickly. One plus point though is that banks seem to be attempting to present cheques more than once before they return them. This usually only happens if the drawers bank has given them an indication that funds might be available if they try again.

Most banks also have a point beyond which they will stop issuing cheque books to people who habitually default by drawing unsupported cheques so if the promoters don't have the money and don't have a stockpile of cheque books it'll be evident fairly soon.

Social source share

I'm not affected by this as I didn't buy any tickets but I do have some friends who are. I'm not wanting to pass judgement just make a couple of observations.

Every unpaid cheque costs the drawer anywhere between £20 to £40 in charges (although most banks cap the number of charges they'll impose in a single day) So, unless they have money coming in from somewhere, whatever funds they have will be disappearing fairly quickly. One plus point though is that banks seem to be attempting to present cheques more than once before they return them. This usually only happens if the drawers bank has given them an indication that funds might be available if they try again.

Most banks also have a point beyond which they will stop issuing cheque books to people who habitually default by drawing unsupported cheques so if the promoters don't have the money and don't have a stockpile of cheque books it'll be evident fairly soon.

My bank presented the cheque twice, and charged me twice for it being returned !! £6 a time :D

Social source share

i feel very lucky that i didnt get around to buying tickets for this fiasco, maybe Trandy should sell of some of those TK Max goodies they got for being Nottinghams Best Dressed Couple ( :thumbup: ) or some of those records they have....cant see them needing them for DJin again...I for one wouldnt go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

i feel very lucky that i didnt get around to buying tickets for this fiasco, maybe Trandy should sell of some of those TK Max goodies they got for being Nottinghams Best Dressed Couple ( :thumbup: ) or some of those records they have....cant see them needing them for DJin again...I for one wouldnt go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i also feel very lucky not to have bought tickets but not for myself , my alarming lack of patience would have been a problem and i can only admire the people affected by this in not taking legal action

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

I took advice from a good friend who suggested that I hang off presenting my cheque until the end of month which is what I will do.

On the other hand I might ask another good friend to pop round and ask them for the cash there and then!

Hey Diane, is that ok with you?

Jo xx

Social source share

Guest soulfullbabe

I took advice from a good friend who suggested that I hang off presenting my cheque until the end of month which is what I will do.

On the other hand I might ask another good friend to pop round and ask them for the cash there and then!

Hey Diane, is that ok with you?

Jo xx

Hi Jo. Will see what i can do for you hun leave it with me. :D . Diane xxxxx.

Social source share

Hi Jo. Will see what i can do for you hun leave it with me. :tumbleweed3: . Diane xxxxx.

can you get ours to ??? :thumbup: only joking hun

Have been thinking that i will call in to my local police station and ask advice from them, ours only opens a few ours a week here in cornwall, so it may prove difficult , ide like to know how many people have not had refunds, and how many sent rubber cheques ? ?

Also thought i may get in touch with local notts paper , 'Best dressed notts couple accused of fraud ' , could be the headline

surely theres a better one than that laugh.gif

Edited by joto
Social source share

Guest Bicks

Getting the local paper (Nottingham Evening Post in this case) is always a good way of bringing people out of the woodwork.

Tell them the story, how many people are involved, how many cheques have bounced, I'm sure they'd be interested and bad publicity, wider than this forum, usually gets people talking.

Social source share

Yes your quite right. The cheques have a RDPR ref on them,meaning that they have had funds in and out and may well have other funds clearing. The only problem now is, if you look on the back of your cheque that has been returned, it now has dates and numbers on, your bank may now not accept the cheque with these on. !! So i was told.

Im waiting for a call back from the Natwest (Notts) and have alredy spoken to the Natwest Fraud department. The Fraud Dept told me it is a retailer dispute and not a fraudulent crime!! Holy Hell. !! But the good thing is that Natwest are now aware that there are many of us. As long as they have a cheque book in hand, they can continue issueing the cheques. !!! Regardless of funds in their account. !! I am assuming that everyone has been paid on Natwest Cheques. This may well not be the case though.

Tracey.

Social source share

can you get ours to ??? biggrin.gif only joking hun

Have been thinking that i will call in to my local police station and ask advice from them, ours only opens a few ours a week here in cornwall, so it may prove difficult , ide like to know how many people have not had refunds, and how many sent rubber cheques ? ?

Also thought i may get in touch with local notts paper , 'Best dressed notts couple accused of fraud ' , could be the headline

surely theres a better one than that :tumbleweed3:

I love this. LOL

Tracey

Social source share

Guest cherly

Promoting and putting on the LEL ALL-NIGHTER , ST Ives,( the first 1 ) . I had no money or investments from others, spent up to £1400 before it took place with advertising in local & national magazines ,5.000 flyers distributed every weekend @all=nighters all over the country (the best part :D ),I paid the venue up front plus the licence fee.

All I got from advance sales was £200 ohmy.gif

So I should guess that Andy & Tracy's costs were so much that they haven't managed to get it all back yet so give them time .

Nice people who thought they could do something special ..

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

Hi Jo. Will see what i can do for you hun leave it with me. :ph34r: . Diane xxxxx.

Any chance you could try for Tracey's money too? They owe her £30 and her cheque has bounced twice!!!!!

xxx

Social source share

Guest cherly

I got your email about the all-dayer event that didn't happen and the bounced cheques.

Can you please give me a call or email me your contact number so I can find out more?

Many thanks.

Jon.

Jon Robinson

Environment correspondent

Nottingham Evening Post

Castle Wharf House, Nottingham

NG1 7EU

Tel: 0115 948 2000 ext 2544

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk

Social source share

If that's what it looks like then this thread is going to get interesting. Might even give the Levine thread a run for its money :D

Message to all promoters in the notts region.. if you numbers have been down then there is a dj out there who would swell your next event by 500 at least.. rolleyes.gif

You would have to spend a few quid on extra security though... :)

Social source share

Guest BigPaul

Message to all promoters in the notts region.. if you numbers have been down then there is a dj out there who would swell your next event by 500 at least.. :rolleyes:

You would have to spend a few quid on extra security though... :lol:

Twat :yes::)laugh.gif

Nearly choked on me Tomato Soup :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest gula

Message to all promoters in the notts region.. if you numbers have been down then there is a dj out there who would swell your next event by 500 at least.. :rolleyes:

You would have to spend a few quid on extra security though... :thumbsup:

ive hurd 2 clubs in nottm wont let them in already :lol::yes::)biggrin.gif:D:D:D 1 is on tonite :D:D:D:D:D:D

gula

Social source share

I got your email about the all-dayer event that didn't happen and the bounced cheques.

Can you please give me a call or email me your contact number so I can find out more?

Many thanks.

Jon.

Jon Robinson

Environment correspondent

Nottingham Evening Post

Castle Wharf House, Nottingham

NG1 7EU

Tel: 0115 948 2000 ext 2544

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk

Cor blimey more exposure by the Notts Evening Post? Surely they will be sympathetic to them on this one, as they were the winners of the TK Maxx best dressed couple in Nottingham!! Fecking Hell I hope they kept the receipts! :thumbup:

Social source share