Little Anthony Refund

bloody hell your taking a risk posting with a name like that :thumbup:

God yeah i now just realise Doh!!! just choked on me chicken Bhuna.

Shall i change it to Tracie. (not living in Notts)

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

Yes your quite right. The cheques have a RDPR ref on them,meaning that they have had funds in and out and may well have other funds clearing. The only problem now is, if you look on the back of your cheque that has been returned, it now has dates and numbers on, your bank may now not accept the cheque with these on. !! So i was told.

Im waiting for a call back from the Natwest (Notts) and have alredy spoken to the Natwest Fraud department. The Fraud Dept told me it is a retailer dispute and not a fraudulent crime!! Holy Hell. !! But the good thing is that Natwest are now aware that there are many of us. As long as they have a cheque book in hand, they can continue issueing the cheques. !!! Regardless of funds in their account. !! I am assuming that everyone has been paid on Natwest Cheques. This may well not be the case though.

Tracey.

That's interesting as mine is a Lloyds cheque

Jo xx

Social source share

That's interesting as mine is a Lloyds cheque

Jo xx

Jo,

Never thought to ask you... how odd, just assumption. Well now... there are two banks involved now.

T. xx

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

Jo,

Never thought to ask you... how odd, just assumption. Well now... there are two banks involved now.

T. xx

I know, it didn't occur to me either until I read that post.

Jo xx

Social source share

Heres an idea , why dont trandy post a list of their records and if folks want, they can have records to the value of the tickets instead?? howzat!!!

Social source share

Aww come on folks, it's all getting a bit 'Crucify Them!' for my liking. What are we going to do - string them up if we see them buying food at Tesco? It might be amusing to bay for their blood on here, but they're still people for God's sake, and you're proposing ruining their lives.

I don't know the couple personally, but know from folk that DO know them that they're not con artists. You wouldn't wish this situation on anyone. If they were your mates, what would you do to help? I'd probably say look Tracey & Andy, you used Soul Source to advertise your event, so you've got to be prepared to use it to keep people informed after it all went tits up. It's the lack of communication & explanation that's really getting people's goat, so get your heads out of the sand, take a deep breath and type 'Sorry again everyone, it's understandable that you're fuming. We haven't got enough money at the moment, but anticipate being able to repay your money by this date, and will reimburse the bank charges you've incurred because of us. Here is the list of people and amounts we owe, and these are the measures we're taking to get the money together as soon as we can...'

Theresa

Social source share

Guest Mark Cartwright

I'll probably get hammered for this, but well said!

I bought 2 tickets as soon as the event was announced and whilst I am disappointed at, i suspect, losing £30, this really does seem to be a well intentioned project that has gone wrong. Maybe they were naive, maybe they should have sought and taken advice - I know some was offered on here. I don't know Tracey and Andy at all, wouldn't recognise them if I fell over them, but until somebody proves otherwise I'm happy to give the benefit of the doubt.

For most of us the money lost is annoying but it ain't the end of the world. I even think, in our heart of hearts, many of us suspected that the event was a bit of a gamble. But I really wouldn't go along with the kind of feeding frenzy that has been raised here. Maybe many of the posts are tongue-in-cheek, I guess humour doesn't always translate into posts on here.

Let's face facts - we've almost certainly lost our money. At least they had the balls to try and pull a spectacular off. I'm not aware of a string of similar failed promotions behind them and from what I've read, they see to be diehard long-standing soulies - if it was an attempt to rip people off then I an't imagine anyone being so stupid to try it so close to home.

Let's keep things in perspective - the only thing they can legitimatly be accused of, so far as i'm concerned, is their appaling lack of communication. I can understand a hesitancy to post on here given the flak they took early on and since the collapse but a few PM's wouldn't have hurt.

Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

Let's face facts - we've almost certainly lost our money.

i think if the rest of the victims believed that it would be a LOT more nasty than it has been

Social source share

Aww come on folks, it's all getting a bit 'Crucify Them!' for my liking. What are we going to do - string them up if we see them buying food at Tesco? It might be amusing to bay for their blood on here, but they're still people for God's sake, and you're proposing ruining their lives.

I don't know the couple personally, but know from folk that DO know them that they're not con artists. You wouldn't wish this situation on anyone. If they were your mates, what would you do to help? I'd probably say look Tracey & Andy, you used Soul Source to advertise your event, so you've got to be prepared to use it to keep people informed after it all went tits up. It's the lack of communication & explanation that's really getting people's goat, so get your heads out of the sand, take a deep breath and type 'Sorry again everyone, it's understandable that you're fuming. We haven't got enough money at the moment, but anticipate being able to repay your money by this date, and will reimburse the bank charges you've incurred because of us. Here is the list of people and amounts we owe, and these are the measures we're taking to get the money together as soon as we can...'

Theresa

Ive kept out of this,but i do know Tracey and Andy quite well,two of the nicest people you could meat,they tried to pull something off that would have been great,but sadly it didnt work out ,they would not intentionaly try and rip folk off ,dont forget an unpaid cheque costs them more money than it does you ,give them time ,they will honour the cheque's ,enough of this trying to hang them,how many of you would even try to put an event like this on not many i dare bet

Bazza

Social source share

Guest cocopachino

Ive kept out of this,but i do know Tracey and Andy quite well,two of the nicest people you could meat,they tried to pull something off that would have been great,but sadly it didnt work out ,they would not intentionaly try and rip folk off ,dont forget an unpaid cheque costs them more money than it does you ,give them time ,they will honour the cheque's ,enough of this trying to hang them,how many of you would even try to put an event like this on not many i dare bet

Bazza

But the fact remains ~ they shouldn't issue cheques KNOWING that there aren't enough funds to cover them, they're making a rod for their owns backs.

Social source share

But the fact remains ~ they shouldn't issue cheques KNOWING that there aren't enough funds to cover them, they're making a rod for their owns backs.

Of course they shouldn't Mr (or Ms) Pachino, it was an ill-judged and probably desperate move, we all know that. And we haven't a clue about the circumstances, because nothing's been communicated. Maybe they were hoping for a loan or overdraft that wasn't granted.

However, it just doesn't sit well with me to destroy some fellow soulie's life for the sake of my 30 quid. The whole thread was starting to remind me of the stoning scene in Life of Brian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm2BsjACkuI I'll take two pointed stones, two flat ones, and a bag of gravel please :huh: Oh and I'd better take a beard too.

Don't get me wrong Davie et al, if I was sure someone had maliciously set out to defraud me of even 30 pence, I wouldn't rest until I'd annihilated them, and I'm a complete bastard of an enemy to have. But these people are not our enemies for God's sake. Could we not have a think about what we might be able to do to help them? Giving them a nervous breakdown is hardly likely to assist in getting our money back. If we continue with a measured approach we'll be much more likely to get a successful resolution.

Right then, my first suggestion is, if they're finding it difficult to face anyone, would they be willing to speak to a third party who could maybe fill us in on what's happening? An accountant or other professional if they've got one? Seems to me first priority is to get the communication channels open again.

T x

Social source share

Whether there was intention to defraud or not is not in question here

What really p***** me off is that they are having holidays, buying wedding dresses and continuing to have nights out soulin :huh:

If i owed anybody anything i would knuckle down and pay it back, one by one if necessary :huh:

I would not spend one penny on myself until i did

If they had explained....sent an email back etc, then i may feel a little more generous, but i still would not be happy if i heard of them doing the things above

I don't know them, i did read traceys rant on here though, where she slated us all

Nice people ? ok Tracey and Andy if you are....then reply, explain your dilema, explain the bounced cheques,

I would like to know about the 'short break, the shopping for a wedding dress, and the night out soulin, as well though

There's nothing to indicate 'lives destroyed' or much remorse in fact, just plenty of ..................... 'carrying on as before'

Edited by joto
Social source share

No doubt you'll be getting your pm's thanking you for the support, the same as what mand and I did when we foolishly backed the palais theory, and no doubt with those pm's, the comments of how we are such tyrants!! they do read whats on here without a doubt and of course still post blatently on events that they are attending.

Indeed I know of some, who would have been prepared to put on the palais as was originally wanted, in the form of a proper dayer with no live appearances. But they got whiff of this and wanted the glory and went into it head down, wanting the glory, On the issue of the live acts, they were offered the very best of support and advice from those experienced in putting on much bigger events but turned it down with venom!.

They deliberately and blatently sold tickets on the weekend of Prestatyn, prior to the announcement on the Monday that the event would not be taking place!! If memory serves me right too they were supposed to have been djaying at a nite somewhere that weekend and let them down without a word and went off flogging their ill fated tickets.

They would have known without a doubt that there was no way on earth that they could have afforded Little Anthoney let alone Ruby Andrews (who incidently was going to be approached to sing Just loving you at said wedding) at the price of 15 quid a ticket, unless of course they had plenty of dosh in the first instance to back it, which of course is evident now that they haven't, but something which I think many were led to believe they in fact had!

If they had the integrity which many on this scene have, they should have held up their hands and said we fecked up, we cant afford the live acts so lets just go with the dayer as was originally intended, if you bought tickets just to see the live acts then have your money back, that would have been the end of it there and then and the dayer could have gone ahead as planned.

As you know this was not to be the case and the posts from her (betty boop aka Tracy) left a lot to be desired, in reply to those whom had every right to question.

Lets look at the hard facts too

Lots of people left without a refund, not just the odd 30 quid, but accomodation that had been booked, days planned off work etc etc we are talking hundreds of pounds on this collectively. The original post from the LATI musician indicated way back then that no money had changed hands, Ruby Andrews management had no knowledge of anyone in Nottingham, the palais had the deposit payed and nothing else, advertising in the Notts post was a freebie, due to TK Maxx's best dressed couple winners enjoying the lime light yet again by putting on this fantastic dayer. As I was recently informed there are lots of unpaid refunds out there, not just the ones that post in our little world here on soul source, but the wider picture, like I said before we are talking hundreds of pounds.

Every promotor no matter how big or small puts their head on the block when organising events and the buck stops with them, they are accountable for their actions no matter how 'nice' they project themselves to be.

Im sorry but in my very honest opinion, they have failed to respond to anyone no matter how the messages pm's or posts are written, and have blatently issued the middle finger to all those that have lost their money, by attending venues, shopping for expensive items etc etc, whilst owing a lot of dosh to others on the same scene, not really my definition of what constitutes 'a soulie'!

Well Im going to give my natwest cheque one last try as its NHS payday tomorrow, but if they for one think that by me representing it one last time and it perhaps bouncing (im forever the optomist) that will be the end of it, then think again, despite many of us geographically being miles apart, its still a relatively small scene, and we will meet and I will get my money back and would encourage everyone to do the same!.

The idea

Social source share

Guest Sharon Mckinstry

I don't know Tracey or Andy and I have no wish to destroy anyone's reputation, I think they have acomplished that by themselves! If you look at previous posts then you will see that people like myself have lost a lot of money. I'm not on a hate campaign as I fully supported them by purchasing tickets in the first place. I expect to be kept up to date on what is happening with MY MONEY but this is not the case. I'm tired of my emails being ignored. All I asked for was an explanation which has not been forthcoming. I also do not expect them to stop living their lives or going about their business. Their arrogance in ignoring peoples questions on here and emails they recieve is foolish and shows a lack of concern for thoses affected by this. That is what most people find so annoying. Going to nights out is in my opinion very insulting as this will be seen as excess money which should be used to reimburse those out of pocket. If this was carried out I'm sure the matter would be resolved quicker and then everyone could put it down to experience and move on but it appears to be Tracey and Andy themselves who are stopping this from happening.

Social source share

Tracey and Andy

As we know you read the forum, you said you were ''sorting it out with the bank''

so whats happening then ? :lol:

Thats weeks ago now, or was that a blatant lie ?

Does anyone have a phone number for them please, pm me with it...

Edited by joto
Social source share

just got this from Tracey and Andy:

STATEMENT

We are in the process of issuing all refunds and all REFUNDS will be given in FULL.......

The delay in refunds and result of bounced cheques are due to the company who were supplying the sound equipment/instruments etc charged us a very large cancellation fee which they took from the account via a holding cheque hence sending the account into negative funds.......... We are in the process of having this money returned and refunds will be back on track.....

Sorry for any delay and disruption........

Tracey n Andy

probably won't placate a lot of people but haven't chased this up to get a reply, so looks like they are sorting it.

cheers

steve

................................................................................

Tracey and Andy

As we know you read the forum, you said you were ''sorting it out with the bank''

so whats happening then ? unsure.gif

Thats weeks ago now, or was that a blatant lie ?

Does anyone have a phone number for them please, pm me with it...

Social source share

Also received that 'statement'

So they must have a contract with the afore mentioned company then ? They gave them a cheque, and yet they claim they didn't know this company would use it ??? RUBBISH

dont believe one word, but if i did swallow it, my next question would be ' why didn't you stop the cheque Tracey' ?

just want our refund, waited long enough

Edited by joto
Social source share

Guest cocopachino

I have also received the ** statement**.

Unfortunately it didn't say *when* it would be sorted, which is a shame, but I guess they're stalling for time.

Social source share

Firstly they were sorting it out with bank !

I work for the co-operative bank, an overdraft shows on an account the next day !

so does a loan , what else is there to sort out with the bank ?

Secondly the story of the sound eq company given a holding cheque in case of cancellation, they get cancelled, and surprise !! they present the cheque ! utter rubbish

just an excuse they thought some of us would swallow :lol:

and still no refund :lol:

anyone got their phone number ? i would like a word or two with them

Jo

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

I don't want to speak too soon but I think my cheque has cleared so I now have my money back - thankyou

Jo xx

Social source share

I don't want to speak too soon but I think my cheque has cleared so I now have my money back - thankyou

Jo xx

Jo,

Have banked mine again.... lets see,but mine is NatWest, so not holding my breath. !!

T xx

Social source share

go to the Niter at six hills this weekend, i believe you'll see them there shhh.gif

if you know them well enough to post up their future plans

then why dont you give them a kick and tell them to post up on this thread and sort this mess out asp!

Social source share

if you know them well enough to post up their future plans

then why dont you give them a kick and tell them to post up on this thread and sort this mess out asp!

They actually posted on one of the event threads that they were going to 6 Hills

Social source share

This thread is rumbling on , and will do until everyone gets their money returned, also... nearly 12000 people have read it, so its popular :boxing:

They're going to a nighter ?? They should be banned across the country until their debts are paid, at least ! Forever as far as im concerned

I don't know how they can show their faces, they must have some B****

Someone mentioned on here that they weren't comfortable with 'ruining their lives' not a chance of that happening, they don't give a S***

Lets hope the promoters have some morals and turn them away

Jo

Social source share

This thread is rumbling on , and will do until everyone gets their money returned, also... nearly 12000 people have read it, so its popular :boxing:

They're going to a nighter ?? They should be banned across the country until their debts are paid, at least ! Forever as far as im concerned

I don't know how they can show their faces, they must have some B****

Someone mentioned on here that they weren't comfortable with 'ruining their lives' not a chance of that happening, they don't give a S***

Lets hope the promoters have some morals and turn them away

Jo

The offending post says:

"we are supposed to be saving up for our wedding............... but may have to attend this one..............."

Think that tells you all you need to know about your 'refund' Jo !

Social source share

The offending post says:

"we are supposed to be saving up for our wedding............... but may have to attend this one..............."

It makes me so mad, ...saving up ? for their wedding .. how about paying your debts first ?

I will be stood in the church, and when the vicar says 'does anyone know of......etc, i will be 1st in the queue to shout out :boxing:

seriously .... life really does just go on for them dosen't it ?

Jo

Social source share

Why not post on the 6 Hill's thread asking someone to mention something to them?

Something like "How about I take this £20 entrance fee and pay one of your debts off. Now home you go you two..." :boxing:

Or what about a Wigan Like banner - "we want our money back!!"

P laugh.gif

Social source share

The offending post says:

There's nowt like cheek is there!

Beggars belief!

Social source share

Why not post on the 6 Hill's thread asking someone to mention something to them?

Something like "How about I take this £20 entrance fee and pay one of your debts off. Now home you go you two..." :boxing:

wish i had the nerve, its ok raving on here, but highjacking someone elses thread just isn't fair :lol:

I would call on the promoters to turn them away, I will even pay their door money for the satisfaction laugh.gif

Jo

Social source share

wish i had the nerve, its ok raving on here, but highjacking someone elses thread just isn't fair :lol:

I would call on the promoters to turn them away, I will even pay their door money for the satisfaction :boxing:

Jo

I admire your patience.

No point in calling on the promoters to turn them away on here though.

So who's going to Six Hills on Saturday? laugh.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, dont shoot the messenger as i dont know them and have no interest in knowing them, but ive been told by people who do know them that theyve jus spent £2000 on a wedding dress, i dont know if this is true, you know what the grapevines like, but if it is then maybe its time all this "give them the benefit of the doubt" was handed over to a higher authority, these people clearly have a priority problem and possibly need the helping hand of the law to give them a gentle nudge (or a f..k..g great smack) to remind them of their responsibilties to the people theyve let down :thumbsup:

Social source share

I hope we get an invite to the wedding, i want to see the dress ive contributed to :thumbsup:

I am furious..... we have their address, maybe we need to take the bull by the horns and go and see them :lol: Maybe altogether

Ive lost £73, plus the deposits on 2 hotel rooms, not as much as some people i know, but enough

I know they read soul source, so Tracey and Andy expect a visit one day, when your least expecting it :lol:

They are liars, nothing they have said has been true so far, two for a pair

How can they plan to start a new life together with all this going on, im stunned.

Edited by joto
Social source share

Guest cocopachino

Has anyone had any money since the big bouncing cheque caper

Ive heard nada and recieved nothing since then

I've heard nothing since the " statement" was issued ~ 29th May 2009

Anyone else....?

Social source share

No refund

No cheque

No comments from them

Interestingly i have heard from the 'notts post' they want to run a story on Tracey and Andy, and their failure to return our money .

I have told the reporter 'Clair' my side of things, i feel ive given these liars every chance to pay me back, Its been one lie after another

1st....sorry for the bounced cheques, they were sorting it out with the bank

2nd.....The bounced cheques were a result of giving a holding cheque to the sound eq company, which was cashed in as they were cancelled, and they were in a process of getting this money back from the sound eq company

To me its all stalling tactics, and yet they can carry on going out 'soulin' and buy wedding dresses

They have no shame....

I sincerly hope the paper goes ahead with the story

Jo

Social source share

Guest soulfullbabe

Can i ask if anyone been payed in cash when you have seen Tracey and Andy out and about ????. I have been fortunate enough to have had my £30 paid in cash by Tracey in my hand quite a few months ago, they were at the last Rugby niter with what they said was enough cash if people wanted refunds that night so mybe they will go there tonight as they enjoyed the last one so much and the people were so much nicer and welcomed them with open arms. I Wonder why Tracey you and Andy were on your own most of the night?????????. You both i consider have ripped off lots of good friends how come you can pay me and NOT them. Diane.

Social source share

Guest soulfullbabe

No refund

No cheque

No comments from them

Interestingly i have heard from the 'notts post' they want to run a story on Tracey and Andy, and their failure to return our money .

I have told the reporter 'Clair' my side of things, i feel ive given these liars every chance to pay me back, Its been one lie after another

1st....sorry for the bounced cheques, they were sorting it out with the bank

2nd.....The bounced cheques were a result of giving a holding cheque to the sound eq company, which was cashed in as they were cancelled, and they were in a process of getting this money back from the sound eq company

To me its all stalling tactics, and yet they can carry on going out 'soulin' and buy wedding dresses

They have no shame....

I sincerly hope the paper goes ahead with the story

Jo

Hi Jo, When did you speak to the reporter Claire at the nottm evening post??. Gonna have to buy it every evening now so i can let my friends know. Diane.

Social source share

Guest soulfullbabe

QUOTE (joto @ Jun 4 09, 11:54 AM) wish i had the nerve, its ok raving on here, but highjacking someone elses thread just isn't fair wink.gif

I would call on the promoters to turn them away, I will even pay their door money for the satisfaction laugh.gif

Jo

I admire your patience.

No point in calling on the promoters to turn them away on here though.

So who's going to Six Hills on Saturday? laugh.gif

They never turned up to sixhills last saturday. im sure that something would of been said to them. I know quite alot of promoters are not happy with them at all, They used a lot of people and shit on them all. Diane xx.

Social source share

Hi Jo, When did you speak to the reporter Claire at the nottm evening post??. Gonna have to buy it every evening now so i can let my friends know. Diane.

Hi Diane

I spoke to Claire on thursday, she had a lot of info, but wanted to know a little more about it, she knew Tracey and Andy from them winning

TK MAX best dressed couple , She also had their contact details, so was going to speak to them to get a comment from them, she also said she would let me know if the story goes ahead. I will of course let everyone know if it gets in the paper

I have also emailed Tracey and Andy to tell them i spoken to a reporter from their local paper, and got no reply as expected

If anybody wants to add anything to the possible story in the notts evening post email Claire.Carter@NottinghamEveningPost.co.uk

Jo xx

Ps They are certainly banned from Newquay, as i do have a say on that one

Edited by joto
Social source share