Little Anthony Refund

Guest CarlosFandango

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/Sixhill...er-t101666.html

Am I missing something here???

Post number 4

we are supposed to be saving up for our wedding............... but may have to attend this one...............

especially for Ted Massey..................Ted please if we attend would you spin JT Rhythm.................. for me (Tracey)....

Tracey n Andy

Am I just being synical or ........................ No they wouldn't have surely :ohmy::):lol:

Social source share

Anybody heard from them ? We haven't heard a thing, no response at all.

The silence is deafening

What should our next step be ? I haven't a clue..... or do we accept we won't get our money returned

Think its unlikely they must be up to their necks in it

jo

Social source share

The silence is deafening

What should our next step be ? I haven't a clue..... or do we accept we won't get our money returned

jo

If you want to go through the effort of going to small claims, then you've got a pretty good case and they would end up paying costs.

But you've got to wonder if its worth the hassle, and just end up taking it on the chin and putting it down to experience.

I suppose the real question is was there intent to fleece you for the price of the tickets, or did things just snowball for an inexperienced "promoter"?

Social source share

If you want to go through the effort of going to small claims, then you've got a pretty good case and they would end up paying costs.

But you've got to wonder if its worth the hassle, and just end up taking it on the chin and putting it down to experience.

I suppose the real question is was there intent to fleece you for the price of the tickets, or did things just snowball for an inexperienced "promoter"?

I went down that road once years back. Claim against a company who owed my business a £4k sum. Won the case, but still did not get paid. :thumbsup:

P :D

The law stinks.

Social source share

My refund cheque also bounced, but to be fair Tracey did initiate an email today to try and sort it out. Fingers crossed!

It reminds me a bit of a few years back when I worked in HR for a company that was going down the pan, and we had the horrible job of deciding who to pay, knowing that we couldn't pay everyone. Different circumstances obviously, but I imagine the feeling is similar - pretty horrible, wouldn't wish it on anyone. I'm sure will be all sorted out soon.

Theresa x

Social source share

I went down that road once years back. Claim against a company who owed my business a £4k sum. Won the case, but still did not get paid. :wicked:

P :)

The law stinks.

I'm not saying that its the case in your situation but the law, a court, the pope or even god himself cant physically make someone pay money to a creditor if they dont actually have it.

Its well know that you can get a court judgement in your favour but getting your money back is an entirely different matter.

Social source share

To rub salt into the wound

came home from work to find a letter from my bank to say cheque had been represented, and again returned,

Ive been charged another £6 , thats £12 in total !

Good news is i also had a brief message from Tracey and Andy saying

'We are sorting it out with the bank'

So i will keep my fingers crossed for us all that we get the refunds we should

Social source share

Going a bit off topic here Joto, but that seems a little harsh on the part of your bank? The drawer should be charged for dishonoured cheques, but not you as it's hardly your fault or even within your control. My bank doesn't charge me. Who are you banking with? I'd be straight on the blower giving them a rocket.

Social source share

Guest Mezhouse

I actually hadn't got round to banking mine and now I'm wondering if it will be worth it. The cheque was only for one ticket and if the bank bounces it then it will cost me that much again! A friend of mine got her cheque for £30 and that's bounced too!

This is just dragging on far too long now!

Jo

Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

I appreciate its no comfort to those people that have not had their ticket money refunded,but can i relate to an incident that has just occurred in Peterborough.

The old Odean underwent a massive refurbishment costing approx £7,000,000 about 5years ago.Many live acts appeared there some were sucessful some not.A few weeks ago a mysterious fire caused the place to close and lots of events were cancelled.The outcry in the local press was enormous,the holding company went into administration and hundreds of people lost money.

Tracy and Andy(who i dont know) attempted to bring to these shores a fine soul act for which they were applauded,sadly through one reason or another it didnt happen.i can only assume some of the ticket monies have been used for expensese connected with the attempt to put the show together leaving a shorttfall of funds for a refund for eveyrone to be repaid.

I did not purchase tickets so have not been caught up in the mess,i have read with interest the threads connected with the Pailais affair.Had i bought tickets i would now let sleeping dogs lie.Should anyone pursue the promoters through the courts you perhaps will win the day but you may still not get paid if funds arent available,Tracy and Andy will have judgements against them and their lives will be messed up for the foreseeable future.

Had the event taken place would these threads carried on for as long applauding them for a sucessful promotion............perhaps not.

Shoot me down in flames if you like beacuse i have nothing to loose,but no one has lost or might loose a life changing sum of money.

Social source share

Going a bit off topic here Joto, but that seems a little harsh on the part of your bank? The drawer should be charged for dishonoured cheques, but not you as it's hardly your fault or even within your control. My bank doesn't charge me. Who are you banking with? I'd be straight on the blower giving them a rocket.

Hi

Ok lets name and shame the Bank YORKSHIRE BANK

The letter states ' A charge of £6 has been debited to your account in respect of this service'

I think i will find its in their t/cs somewhere, so pointless in appealing

Jo

Social source share

I appreciate its no comfort to those people that have not had their ticket money refunded,but can i relate to an incident that has just occurred in Peterborough.

The old Odean underwent a massive refurbishment costing approx £7,000,000 about 5years ago.Many live acts appeared there some were sucessful some not.A few weeks ago a mysterious fire caused the place to close and lots of events were cancelled.The outcry in the local press was enormous,the holding company went into administration and hundreds of people lost money.

Tracy and Andy(who i dont know) attempted to bring to these shores a fine soul act for which they were applauded,sadly through one reason or another it didnt happen.i can only assume some of the ticket monies have been used for expensese connected with the attempt to put the show together leaving a shorttfall of funds for a refund for eveyrone to be repaid.

I did not purchase tickets so have not been caught up in the mess,i have read with interest the threads connected with the Pailais affair.Had i bought tickets i would now let sleeping dogs lie.Should anyone pursue the promoters through the courts you perhaps will win the day but you may still not get paid if funds arent available,Tracy and Andy will have judgements against them and their lives will be messed up for the foreseeable future.

Had the event taken place would these threads carried on for as long applauding them for a sucessful promotion............perhaps not.

Shoot me down in flames if you like beacuse i have nothing to loose,but no one has lost or might loose a life changing sum of money.

Of course the event had expenses, when you promote a gig you accept that, it has to be taken into consideration

we bought 4 tickets for something we didn't get, therefore we would like our money returned, we do not want to cover the promoters EXPENSES , We haven't been asked to, They have just took it ( so far )

If they had had a successful event with profit, would they be sharing it out , i think not :unsure:

WIN OR LOSE its a promoters game of chance

LET SLEEPING DOGS LIE ??

If you feel we should donate our money to this failed event , you could always send me a cheque ! :lol: it can be YOUR DONATION not mine

£73 in total

i don't think anyone here will take action against them, that would be rather stupid and very damaging to all, with little to gain.

I still have faith that we will be refunded :lol:

Edited by joto
Social source share

OK Smudge I'll shoot you down in flames. :unsure:

£73 is a substancial sum for many people in these times, and why should people not get their money back?

There seems to be an awful lot of "benefit of the doubt" going on here.

If someone spent a fifth of that sum on a record that never showed up or a case where the seller wouldn't give a refund or replacement, there would be a thread here with everyone saying "dodgy seller", "avoid this ebayer" etc etc, so why because someone wanted to bring over a treasured live act should we view their refusal to honour their refunds any differently? When you go into business and take people's money you have an obligation to either provide services or give the money back. These folks have taken peoples money and they should pay it back, end of. No bouncing cheques, delays etc. I don't know the people involved but the principle is the same - even if that means getting a bank overdraft facility over the short term.

The point is the world is full of well intentioned fools. Fact is if you are going to try and bring over acts from the USA you better know what you are doing. There are those that do (Wigley, Croasdell, Prestatyn etc etc), and clearly there are those that don't.

Steve

PS: Sorry to hear about the Odean - sounds suspiciously like it might be an insurance scam to me :lol:

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

Guest smudgesmith

OK Smudge I'll shoot you down in flames. :thumbup:

£73 is a substancial sum for many people in these times, and why should people not get their money back?

There seems to be an awful lot of "benefit of the doubt" going on here.

If someone spent a fifth of that sum on a record that never showed up or a case where the seller wouldn't give a refund or replacement, there would be a thread here with everyone saying "dodgy seller", "avoid this ebayer" etc etc, so why because someone wanted to bring over a treasured live act should we view their refusal to honour their refunds any differently? When you go into business and take people's money you have an obligation to either provide services or give the money back. These folks have taken peoples money and they should pay it back, end of. No bouncing cheques, delays etc. I don't know the people involved but the principle is the same - even if that means getting a bank overdraft facility over the short term.

The point is the world is full of well intentioned fools. Fact is if you are going to try and bring over acts from the USA you better know what you are doing. There are those that do (Wigley, Croasdell, Prestatyn etc etc), and clearly there are those that don't.

Steve

PS: Sorry to hear about the Odean - sounds suspiciously like it might be an insurance scam to me :yes:

Just put the flames out Steve :)

I wasn't sticking up for the "Promoters"just stating that if there are not enough funds to pay everyone then there is no point in pursuing a legal avenue.

These people attempted to bring over a US act and were obviously ill informed,prepared or just totally naive,the latter I suspect.

In their original advert it was stated that their intentions were to put on a live act and not to make a profit,Steve you know as well as i do what several hours on the phone to the Us can cost and the "No Profit" statement was the kiss of death when dealing with a large scale live promotion with expenses involved,deposits contracts,printing,advertising etc

Tracy and Andy should have offered eveyone a partial refund and a plaussible explanation ie unexpected costs etc.This ,i feel would have been accepted more readily that the constant "no replies to emails etc"

Apart from that Steve how are you :thumbup:

Social source share

Maybe then they ought to stop flaunting it about a bit i.e going out here there and everywhere,thats some feckers ticket money back thats being spent on a nite out! Personally I wouldnt have the bollox too if I knew I owed money to people on the scene.

Lets state the obvious here and look at the facts shall we?

LA&TI waiting on 8 grand so I assume no money had exchanged. ( Reason given not enough tickets sold to do this)

Palais rental, OK give ya that one, but would have thought it was deposit money rather than full payment.

No Djays paid fact

Printers for tickets flyers etc etc Yeah (unless ya know someone in the trade!)

Going to Prestatyn, STILL selling tickets the weekend prior to announcing the event was off.

Offers of help from experienced promotors on this, Declined.

Only handfuls of people paid at the months end (payday for a lot of people) This could go on for months!

And how many more people who dont post on here have paid for tickets upfront I wonder?.

Like one or two others on here I supported this event and these people who I dont even know or met and like them must have the word T**T tattoed on me forehead for doing so.

Being fobbed off with an email 'we are sorting it out with the bank', dont wash with me I'm afraid all it means is, don't post on soul source about not getting yer money back cos its only a few more days to payday and you'll get yer dosh.

Now tell me if Im wrong 'Tandy Promotions' come on here and state otherwise!!

But make sure if ya do its the truth!!!!!!

Social source share

Going to Prestatyn, STILL selling tickets the weekend prior to announcing the event was off.

TAKING MONEY UNDER FALSE PRETENCE!

AND TOO THINK I GOT FLACK :thumbup:

LOOK BACK IN THE PREVIOUS TOPICS ITS ALL THERE

THEY NEVER HAD THE CASH IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Social source share

Maybe then they ought to stop flaunting it about a bit i.e going out here there and everywhere,thats some feckers ticket money back thats being spent on a nite out! Personally I wouldnt have the bollox too if I knew I owed money to people on the scene.

Lets state the obvious here and look at the facts shall we?

LA&TI waiting on 8 grand so I assume no money had exchanged. ( Reason given not enough tickets sold to do this)

Palais rental, OK give ya that one, but would have thought it was deposit money rather than full payment.

No Djays paid fact

Printers for tickets flyers etc etc Yeah (unless ya know someone in the trade!)

Offers of help from experienced promotors on this, Declined.

Only handfuls of people paid at the months end (payday for a lot of people) This could go on for months!

And how many more people who dont post on here have paid for tickets upfront I wonder?.

Like one or two others on here I supported this event and these people who I dont even know or met and like them must have the word T**T tattoed on me forehead for doing so.

Being fobbed off with an email 'we are sorting it out with the bank', dont wash with me I'm afraid all it means is, don't post on soul source about not getting yer money back cos its only a few more days to payday and you'll get yer dosh.

Now tell me if Im wrong 'Tandy Promotions' come on here and state otherwise!!

But make sure if ya do its the truth!!!!!!

Agree totally

message i recieved from them 'we are sorting this out with the bank'

NOT..... WE ARE SORRY FOR ISSUEING CHEQUES YOU HAD NO HOPE OF CASHING :D

Not one apology, not that it would wash with me

and don't forget, they had a short holiday after the collapse of the event for health reasons , it all had to be paid for :(

Social source share

The silence is deafening

jo

Social source share

The silence is deafening

jo

My cheque bounced twice also around the 8th May. I havent been charged. Im only assuming as im with the same bank as Tracey and Andy i didnt get charged.

The advice from the bank is to get everyones names together and to submit a complaint to the Police. !

Tracey.

Social source share

My cheque bounced twice also around the 8th May. I havent been charged. Im only assuming as im with the same bank as Tracey and Andy i didnt get charged.

The advice from the bank is to get everyones names together and to submit a complaint to the Police. !

Tracey.

Just nearly choked on my cornflakes reading that!!

I think the police have got more important things to do, if your bank have seriously advised this as a course of action its a complete joke - its probably a cop out as its easier than saying sorry theres nothing you can do. Theres no criminal offence been committed here has there?

Social source share

Er...taking money off people and not giving it back is against the law isn't it?

Er.. so you think police time would be well spent investigating this and people should complain to the police then, or do you just want an argument?

Taking money is an offence if it was done deliberately to steal or defraud, this is a business enterprise that has gone wrong leaving creditors, this scenario is being played out thousands of times up and down the country right now with businesses going bang and owing money to people. Lets get the police involved in all these eh?

Social source share

Er.. so you think police time would be well spent investigating this and people should complain to the police then, or do you just want an argument?

Taking money is an offence if it was done deliberately to steal or defraud, this is a business enterprise that has gone wrong leaving creditors, this scenario is being played out thousands of times up and down the country right now with businesses going bang and owing money to people. Lets get the police involved in all these eh?

If they'd took money off me and not provided what it was I'd pay for, then I would have already been to the trading standards office and if that failed I would have gone to the police, what's your problem with that, a lot of people have been ripped off and you're defending that are you - good to know you've got the customers best interests at heart.

And no I don't want an argument, but I'd love to know your reasons for defending them.

Social source share

If they'd took money off me and not provided what it was I'd pay for, then I would have already been to the trading standards office and if that failed I would have gone to the police, what's your problem with that, a lot of people have been ripped off and you're defending that are you - good to know you've got the customers best interests at heart.

And no I don't want an argument, but I'd love to know your reasons for defending them.

OK show me at what point I defended them (tracey & andy)

My ONLY point is regarding the police being involved which is ridiculous.

You failed to answer my question as to whether or not you thought police time and resources would be well spent investigating this matter?

Social source share

OK show me at what point I defended them (tracey & andy)

My ONLY point is regarding the police being involved which is ridiculous.

You failed to answer my question as to whether or not you thought police time and resources would be well spent investigating this matter?

No I didn't, I said that I, personally, would have gone to trading standards or the police if someone stole money off me, so I obviously do believe that is not a waste of police time, or should we let all shoplifters, fraudsters, burglars go free, what about murderers, should we let them off because it's a waste of police resources, Peter Sutcliffe, shall we let him out of prison cos he didn't mean to kill those women?

Thin end of the wedge.

I AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT ANDY & TRACY ARE SHOPLIFTERS, FRAUDSTERS, BURGLARS OR MURDERERS.

hey what about if you bought a record off me for £100 but I accidentally sold it to someone else, but I kept your money anyway.

Would you just let me keep it or would you take steps to retrieve your money?

OH AND BUY THE WAY, IT WASN'T ME WHO SUGGESTED THE POLICE SO TAKE IT ELSEWHERE EH?

Social source share

You started it :lol::lol:

No need for capitols either Pete thats shouting :)

I didn't suggest the police should be involved though, someone else did, I just said that I, me, probably would have done something to try and get my money back by now, whether that involved trading standards, the police, MI5, the CIA or Inspector Gene Hunt.

And I know I was shouting. :lol:

Social source share

I didn't suggest the police should be involved though, someone else did, I just said that I, me, probably would have done something to try and get my money back by now, whether that involved trading standards, the police, MI5, the CIA or Inspector Gene Hunt.

And I know I was shouting. :lol:

Come on Pete, we've both been much more balanced individuals since we stopped posting in freebasing news and current affairs, don't let it get to you :lol:

Social source share

Come on Pete, we've both been much more balanced individuals since we stopped posting in freebasing news and current affairs, don't let it get to you :lol:

Steve, pay me for a record, I won't send it to you but I'll keep your money - what will you do, apart from cry like a girl?

Social source share

Just nearly choked on my cornflakes reading that!!

I think the police have got more important things to do, if your bank have seriously advised this as a course of action its a complete joke - its probably a cop out as its easier than saying sorry theres nothing you can do. Theres no criminal offence been committed here has there?

Just to clear this highlighted bit up.....spent 5 years working as a business manager for a high street bank and yes it is a criminal offence. Issuing cheques without having the available funds to honour them is considered by the banks and the police as fraud, which obviously is a criminal offence. Had to go through this scenario several times with customer accounts with the police being called in on one occasion.

Though I wouldn't recommend taking it to the police as ultimately it is a long, drawn out affair and with no guarantee of getting your money back at the end of it. I do know Tracey and Andy (though not very well) and I really hope that they manage to sort the situation out and get peoples refunds done, my opinion is if they can't currently refund all the monies it would be a far better move to just say so as I think people would be more understanding and patient if they were totally upfront about the situation.

Adam.

Social source share

Just to clear this highlighted bit up.....spent 5 years working as a business manager for a high street bank and yes it is a criminal offence. Issuing cheques without having the available funds to honour them is considered by the banks and the police as fraud, which obviously is a criminal offence. Had to go through this scenario several times with customer accounts with the police being called in on one occasion.

Though I wouldn't recommend taking it to the police as ultimately it is a long, drawn out affair and with no guarantee of getting your money back at the end of it. I do know Tracey and Andy (though not very well) and I really hope that they manage to sort the situation out and get peoples refunds done, my opinion is if they can't currently refund all the monies it would be a far better move to just say so as I think people would be more understanding and patient if they were totally upfront about the situation.

Adam.

I stand corrected Adam, would be interested to know the outcome of any actual complaints though

Social source share

I stand corrected Adam, would be interested to know the outcome of any actual complaints though

I would have thought that it's pretty obvious. It's a classed as fraud to issue cheques where there is no money in the account to honour them. As cheques have been issued where there is no money available, the people who issued those cheques would be arrested and charged with fraud, especially as it appears that there were multiple instances of cheques not being honoured.

Social source share

The two people concerned are members on here aren't they?

The least they can do is come on here and explain what has happened and when people will get their money back without any B/S rather than this wall of silence which causes everyone to see the worst in them. As far as I am aware they are not a limited company and so "going into administration" or "losing all their money" or whatever isn't relevant and they are not protected in the same way as a company which went bust. They are individuals who owe people money, end of.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

I would have thought that it's pretty obvious. It's a classed as fraud to issue cheques where there is no money in the account to honour them. As cheques have been issued where there is no money available, the people who issued those cheques would be arrested and charged with fraud, especially as it appears that there were multiple instances of cheques not being honoured.

I know that it's in most banks terms and conditions that you are not allowed to write a cheque when there's no money in the account-post dated cheques are not allowed for that reason.....

It's all about the intention I think, did they intend to have the money in the account to honour these cheques or did they just send them to fob people off?

I think they got in over their heads with this, I was waiting to get paid before sending my money off! I would have been severely peeved if I was £30 down :lol:

Social source share

This is getting daft, so if I have £100 in my bank and send you a cheque for £50 for a record you give me and then I have to draw the £100 out to cover an emergency that crops up and your cheque bounces, then I've committed a crime and can be arrested?. Thats not OBVIOUS to me I'm afraid.

Or maybe I'm just simple :lol:

Fair enough if you do it intentionally knowing theres no money in you bank on a large scale thats a different story.

I'd still like to know what the police would say if you turned up at the front desk and said "officer I've paid £x to this couple for a Northern Soul event that never took place and I cant get my money back off them. I demand you do something about it"

Social source share

Guest Mrs Simsy

I'd still like to know what the police would say if you turned up at the front desk and said "officer I've paid £x to this couple for a Northern Soul event that never took place and I cant get my money back off them. I demand you do something about it"

:lol:

Try it & let everyone know! :lol:

Social source share

This is getting daft, so if I have £100 in my bank and send you a cheque for £50 for a record you give me and then I have to draw the £100 out to cover an emergency that crops up and your cheque bounces, then I've committed a crime and can be arrested?. Thats not OBVIOUS to me I'm afraid.

Or maybe I'm just simple :lol:

Fair enough if you do it intentionally knowing theres no money in you bank on a large scale thats a different story.

In your first example then the police would not be interested in any way (well not in this country anyway, in certain countries a bounced cheque for any reason is an automatic visit from the police!).

Turn up at a police station and say "officer I've paid £x to this couple for a Northern Soul event that never took place and I cant get my money back off them. I demand you do something about it" then you'll probably be told it's not in their remit and should be pursued through civil action but if you added to that comment with 'and I'm not the only one, there's at least 50 people who are in the same situation' then all of a sudden they will be interested. Although I'll again add it's not worth the effort as it won't help get any money back and would just be a monumental hassle with the only real end result being criminal records/fines/etc for Tracey and Andy and although they have made a mess of this I don't believe it was ever their intention to rip off anybody.

Social source share

laugh.gif:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

how funny is that!!!!!

nice one steve

f'kin excellent

Social source share

Or maybe I'm just simple :ph34r:

I think you answered your own question

Social source share

laugh.gif:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

how funny is that!!!!!

About as funny as piles. Because a lot of people can't afford to just throw money down the drain.

Social source share

And I know I was shouting. unsure.gif

Oh for gooness sake,I did,it was me, dont blame Pete. lol

But it was Natwest that first said it !!

They know the story and as there are a few of us (alot of us)? anyone know how many havent been refunded. ? So THEY advised to take it to the police with it being a fraudulent crime... as the member (who worked in the industry) on here has already stated. (sorry lost his post).

Tracey

And apart from the money loss from the tickets, how about those of us who had made hotel bookings, rail tickets ... and we couldnt be refunded cause of having to cancel.

I would also be interested to know... those that havent been refunded are they living far out of Notts, its just that i know a few friends from Notts have been paid, but for those of us outside havent.

Social source share

About as funny as piles. Because a lot of people can't afford to just throw money down the drain.

i know, i'm one of 'em :shhh:

but, if you don't laugh, you may as well......................well!

Social source share