Lifeline Rare Soul Weekender

Chalky

Not long now for the Lifeline Soul Club's first Real Deal Rare Soul Weekender to be held 3rd, 4th & 5th of February 2006.

at the "Ye Old Bell" Barmy Moor near Retford.

Here's what the Hotel says of its self and having seen it we can only agree!!

"The Ye Olde Bell, one of the most distinctive hotels in Nottinghamshire is set in several acres of beautiful grounds close to Sherwood Forest in the heart of Nottingham's enchanting countryside. It has all the charm and character you would expect from one of England's oldest coaching inns, with its oak panelled rooms, log fires and leaded windows. Guests are assured of all the modern day comforts required by the most discerning of guests. The surrounding area is rich in history. Nottingham and York are less than an hours drive away."

The hotel is sold out but there is a travel lodge close by at Blyth Services from where we will be hoping to run a mini bus from there to the venue for those who cannot get a room at the venue (if there are enough stopping there). There are also B&B's in Blyth itself and the surrounding area. I'll post some further details as soon as possible.

Weekend passes are still available for £35.

The music policy for the weekend will be the same as the successful Lifeline all-nighters, upfront, rare, unissued, cheap, expensive, forgotten &thinking man's and woman's oldies.....anything as long as it isn't played week in week out

DJ's confirmed include Butch, Andy Dyson, Mick H, Soul Sam, Cliff Steele, Chalky, Kitch, Dean Anderson, Arthur Fenn, Tim Brown, Rob Thomas, Andy Whitmore & Christian Brodsjoe.

Others who have gladly given there services free for the afternoon sessions include the London Mafia Marco, Teff and Tony Smith, Hammy (the Scottish one), Ali & John Nightingale, Glyn Thornhill, Brett Franklin, Jamie & Rich (Soulsville), Ged Parker, Mick Howard, James Trouble & others....quality assured I think you will agree!!

To reserve your pass for the weekend or for further enquiries please e-mail Chalky @ chalky@soultown.eclipse.co.uk (or telephone 07743 863 523) or Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com (01302 744927) or Mick @ Trentsoul@aol.com

This will also mark Lifeline's second anniversary :(

All the best

Andy, Mick & Chalky

Edited by chalky
  • Replies 62
  • Views 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Chalky mate, you drive for a living.....this must look like a pinup of Angeline Jolie to you, get a grip man........if it was a selection of rare soul labels....i'd back you....but this dear boy is beyond the pale....

Calling Mike Hughes....if i got banned for 12 hours, for slagging Bruce Forsyth, then i'm certain the Chalkster should take a cold shower....

Brett

Chalky mate, you drive for a living.....this must look like a pinup of Angeline Jolie to you, get a grip man........if it was a selection of rare soul labels....i'd back you....but this dear boy is beyond the pale....

Calling Mike Hughes....if i got banned for 12 hours, for slagging Bruce Forsyth, then i'm certain the Chalkster should take a cold shower....

Brett

Brett my good man, you can zoom out (or in for that matter for a better view of the area :P

off for a cold one beer.gif:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Chalky, can we have a timescale of events for the weekend (not specific dj times, but start , finish times etc)

Plus what time can we arrive on the Friday to book into the room. (plus i can't seem to find it in the Events section ?)

Cheers.... Brett

Ps who else is going to make this weekend.........

I cannot wait for one, it's like Christmas 2, a month down the line :yes:

Chalky, can we have a timescale of events for the weekend (not specific dj times, but start , finish times etc)

Plus what time can we arrive on the Friday to book into the room. (plus i can't seem to find it in the Events section ?)

Cheers.... Brett

I cannot wait for one, it's like Christmas 2, a month down the line :D

Brett, aiming to get the things you asked finalised next week or so when we spoken to the management of the hotel regards booking in, meal times etc. We will be there Friday morning, early :( so you should be able to get passes from say 11ish hopefully, maybe before for any early birds with the intention of kicking off about 12 mid-day with the music :(

As you know afternoon sessions will run until at least early evening hopefully, i'll be sorting the afternoon sessions this week al being welo, have the final list of guests wanting to spin a few.

Will let you know everything ASAP.

Oh and Merry Christmas :yes:

Edited by chalky

Cheers.... Brett

I cannot wait for one, it's like Christmas 2, a month down the line :yes:

Hey Up Chalky,

Are there any passes left???......sounds too good to miss.....Tony

Hey Up Chalky,

Are there any passes left???......sounds too good to miss.....Tony

Ey up Tony, tis too god to miss, the music wil be right up your street :yes: There are still passes left but they are steadily going so get em booked. I've posted details of the Travel Lodge at Blyth, 3 miles away, a few posts earlier. We will be running a mini bus form the Travel Lodge to the venue for those staying there :(:D

Ey up Tony, tis too god to miss, the music wil be right up your street :P There are still passes left but they are steadily going so get em booked. I've posted details of the Travel Lodge at Blyth, 3 miles away, a few posts earlier. We will be running a mini bus form the Travel Lodge to the venue for those staying there :P:lol:

Recommend to anyone booking Travel Lodge at Blyth, to do it online much cheaper. I went to Travel Lodge site, put in Blyth A1, booked each day one at a time. Friday 3rd came up at £26. for room to sleep 4. Then booked Saturday 4th came up at £45. for room (normal price), if need the Sunday night (wkender finished by then) then do the same and Sunday 5th is only £10 per room.

You can only get this offer booking online and doing it day by day. I tried booking day's in one at time and it charged me £45. for each night. :P

Hope this help's and make's sense. :D

Karen.

Recommend to anyone booking Travel Lodge at Blyth, to do it online much cheaper. I went to Travel Lodge site, put in Blyth A1, booked each day one at a time. Friday 3rd came up at £26. for room to sleep 4. Then booked Saturday 4th came up at £45. for room (normal price), if need the Sunday night (wkender finished by then) then do the same and Sunday 5th is only £10 per room.

You can only get this offer booking online and doing it day by day. I tried booking day's in one at time and it charged me £45. for each night. :P

Hope this help's and make's sense. :lol:

Karen.

Many thanks Karen for that, makes sense to me and sure others will find useful :P

WORKSOP is just up the road, Best Western have a hotel on the Market place (bridge Street) The Lion.

They do cheap weekend deals via their website, it includes a full English breakfast, nobody in there this time of year so it should be cheap !! Plenty of places to get food in the daytime as well, if you stop at Blythe you'll have to go into the villiage which is a bit expensive as are the Services where its located.

there is also a Travel lodge at worksop which is usually on the cheap list this time of year, you are about 15 mins from the venue up the A1 and can get your breakfast at Shanes !!!!! :lol: also mill house pub reasonable for meals just over the road (A57)

Edited by consdad

Due to the numerous requests from Lifeline regulars who cannot get for the whole weekend, just the Saturday night only, Andy, Mick & myself have discussed this and decided to issue 25 Saturday night passes at £15. This will entitle who ever takes up this option to get into the main venue form 8.00pm Saturday night until the 6.00am Sunday morning when the Saturday night session finishes. This option will be strictly first come first served.

There are still a few full weekend passes available for those wishing to take advantage of all the sessions over the weekend.

For those attending and not staying in the hotel, bar meals etc will be available throughout from the hotel bar/restaurants.

As said before, Blythe services Travel Lodge will probably be the best place to stay if you are not staying at the venue. We will as previously stated be running a mini bus to get people to and from the Travel Lodge and the venue, free of charge. The mini bus will only run between the Travel lodge and venue and not from other locations.

We will all be at Middleton tonight to take any monies, Andy and myself will be at Piercebridge on the 28th. Any questions, e-mail, PM, telephone or just grab us when we are out and about.

Edited by chalky

Just to let you know the weekend will kick off at 12 mid-day on Friday 3rd February and will finish Sunday afternoon (finish time to be finalised).

Some passes both full and Saturday night only are still available. Andy and myself will both be at Piercebridge next Saturday (28th January) for any late arrangements. Failing that contact us on any of the e-mails or telephone numbers already given previously.

Edited by chalky

:shhh: I f any one decides they can't make it through unforseen circumstances,and wishes to sell there hotel accomadation, i am desperate to purchase.Have passes but really really really want to stay on site.cheers

Buy a tent from Greenwoods for twenty quid and put it up in the grounds - cheap as f*** !

Just a reminder, anyone wanting a pass for weekender, Mick will be at the Orwell on Friday and I think Birmingham on Saturday. Andy and myself will be at Piercebridge on Saturday. Will gladly take your money if you wanna go :unsure::D one not to miss :D

I know Brett's looking forward to this :D:D

Nine evenings in our entire respective feather down beds before this mother of all weekends begins. I see that the event begins 12 noon Friday and doesn't end until the Iranians erupt Armageddon upon the entire Rare Soul World. I'm sharing a room with a Lawyer and a representative for a Fencing Company...The wonderful world of Obscure Soul...all types of fiends and wretched specimens, attractive beasts with great legs, hideous drunks and chemical ridden devils....... Yet all are friends of mine, and I for one cannot wait until I arrive at 9am, straight on to the room at 11am, back in the bar for 11.02am, then talk with the masters of ceremony Mr. W. & Mr. D...........

What movers and shakers will be present, Shane H, Rachel S, Sanquine,Karen C, Nick Hackett, Hannah Moore, Cookie and many more from this very web space..........

You miss this at your foul and filthy peril..........

I start walking tomorrow, with a 200 box.......

Edited by Brett

Just settling in for a weekend home bound, got a glass of Baileys and a room full of vinyl records, just trying to sort out a few travelling companions....keep going back to Little Oscar "I Tried" on Supreme Blues, uptempo rhythm n' soul, a real dancer, also Vivian Copeland "Chaos" D'oro, she has been a bit quiet recently but is also making a push for a definite Friday lunch time appearence. Anyhow all good fun for the run up to this exciting and superlative weekend of Rare Soul....have we any other Soul sources (not already mentioned) coming up/down to the event ?..........Make yourself known to me if you don't already know me, i'll be only to glad to bore the hind legs off anyone thumbsup.gif

Edited by Brett

As Brett knows his DJtimes, I am assuming times are known, how about a list Chalky and start and end times so people can plan their journeys ?

Edited by KarenC

As Brett knows his DJtimes, I am assuming times are known, how about a list Chalky and start and end times so people can plan their journeys ?

There are some times down in the program. Friday & Saturday afternoon/evening volunters are subject to change depending if they arrive on time, if not and nothingh can be sorted then we will have to shuffle about. Friday night all-nighter (8pm - 6am), Saturday night all-nighter (again 8pm - 6am) have been sorted as has the Sunday afternoon 11am until goodbyes around 3pm. Will sort the lists for you impatient ones :thumbsup:

There are some times down in the program. Friday & Saturday afternoon/evening volunters are subject to change depending if they arrive on time, if not and nothingh can be sorted then we will have to shuffle about. Friday night all-nighter (8pm - 6am), Saturday night all-nighter (again 8pm - 6am) have been sorted as has the Sunday afternoon 11am until goodbyes around 3pm. Will sort the lists for you impatient ones :lol:

Cheers Chalky, its the arrival/start and get chucked out times I was more interested in for planning journey :thumbsup:

Cheers Chalky, its the arrival/start and get chucked out times I was more interested in for planning journey :thumbsup:

Start time is 12 noon on the Friday. Will let you know this weekend what time you can have your rooms from but if early you can at least listen to some music and get a drink.

The full address and postcode (for those with Sat Nav) is Ye Olde Bell, Barnby Moor, Nottinghamshire, DN22 8QS. Very easy leave AI at Blyth roundabout, into Blyth turn left in the village on to the road that is signposted Retord (A634 I think), the hotel is 2 or 3 miles at the end of this road (in front of you when you come to the "T" junction).

Edited by chalky

Really lookng forward to seeing you Karen....can't remember last time, was it Keele ?

Think it was the soulsville dayer Brett, when you called me a poof because I wanted a sandwich :thumbsup::lol:

Source Advert