Net Bar, London, 23rd September

Guest Andy BB

Guest Andy BB

Edit...(We weren't the only ones concerned about the lack of a suitable drinking hole...see further down, now we should all get a beer, a bop and a bit of room to breathe before 1.30. Anyone else got a pre-100 meet up planned? Please speak now...)

The throwaway comment "it's a bugger there's nowhere to go before the 100 Club next time" sparked off some frantic negotiations and sent Britain's phone network into overload the day before yesterday.

A nailbiting 45-seconds passed and two calls were made before Adam T uttered the magical phrase "Sorted"

So thanks to Adam, Val, Jason and the girl who cancelled her birthday party or whatever it was we have

The Net Bar

Hanway St (Off Oxford St)

London

7 - 1.30am

23rd Sept.

It's less than a minute's walk to the 100 Club, it's free, Adam T, Val Palmer, Sue, Pete and others will be playing records.

More details may well follow....

Edited by Andy BB
  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The throwaway comment "it's a bugger there's nowhere to go before the 100 Club next time" sparked off some frantic negotiations and sent Britain's phone network into overload the day before yesterday.

A nailbiting 45-seconds passed and two calls were made before Adam T uttered the magical phrase "Sorted"

So thanks to Adam, Val, Jason and the girl who cancelled her birthday party or whatever it was we have

The Net Bar

London

7 - 1.30am

23rd Sept.

It's less than a minute's walk to the 100 Club, it's free, Adam T, Val Palmer, Sue, Pete and others will be playing records.

I`ll see you outside Andy,i wont fit in :unsure: ,no i mean there wont be any room,bit small aint it? :shades:

Guest Andy Kempster

The Net Bar

London

7 - 1.30am

23rd Sept.

lovely little bar, fortunately measuring in at 2 foot 6 it will seem like earls court to me, see you there!

Guest Andy BB

:thumbsup: SEE YOU ALL THERE

I hope so mucker - was hoping you'd be bringing a box with you too.

If you leave The Professionals at home I'll make sure nobody's carrying Jerry Naylor or Chapter 5.

:D

Guest Andy BB

Fear not Big Fellas!

Or indeed big lasses.

Those of you who are more Pint of Bitter than Rum n Coke can bugger off round the corner where a boozer called the Tower Tavern has also been procured for the evening, thus lessening the load on the Net Bar and giving you somewhere to sup before opening time at the 100 Club.

Which is a Very Good Thing because otherwise it was gonna be bloody tight!

:rolleyes:

Guest Andy BB

I hope so mucker - was hoping you'd be bringing a box with you too.

If you leave The Professionals at home I'll make sure nobody's carrying Jerry Naylor or Chapter 5.

:P

:lol::P

I see that Nick will now be DJing down the road at the other do.

Was it cos of what I said about The Professionals!?

:lol::P

We may have fallen victim to the seedy side of Northern Soul promoting with Donna Roberts and Kev Brazil not only putting on a rival venue 30 seconds away from ours, and then nicking our only scheduled guest DJ and then, to add insult to injury, texting MY mates about their night.... They'll no doubt be booking my favourite ever DJ next...

However, undeterred and unbowed and putting our best immaculately shod feet forward we will be soldiering on with an All-Mod DJ Lineup

Joining Adam, Amanda,Val and me on the decks we have E2's former Top Boy - Bethnal Barry Ellis.

See you down there. Quite literally. It's a basement bar you see.

So that's A, A, BB, BB and VP in the BB on Hanway St.

save me a space please within equal distance of the bar,toilet, fire exit and kenny :rolleyes:

andy, is your signature is an obscure style council tune?

i know it but can't think what it is :yes:

Shane

We may have fallen victim to the seedy side of Northern Soul promoting with Donna Roberts and Kev Brazil not only putting on a rival venue 30 seconds away from ours, and then nicking our only scheduled guest DJ and then, to add insult to injury, texting MY mates about their night.... They'll no doubt be booking my favourite ever DJ next...

However, undeterred and unbowed and putting our best immaculately shod feet forward we will be soldiering on with an All-Mod DJ Lineup

Joining Adam, Amanda,Val and me on the decks we have E2's former Top Boy - Bethnal Barry Ellis.

See you down there. Quite literally. It's a basement bar you see.

So that's A, A, BB, BB and VP in the BB on Hanway St.

Have you completely and utterly flipped? Was it just in my imagination that we had a long conversation on the phone about what to do about this night and you told me to go ahead with the Tower Tavern as there is no dancefloor, no room and expensive drinks at the net bar? As far as I am aware Nick and Hannah werent even down to DJ at the net bar. If everyone would like me to try and cancel this doo, however much it cost me Ill do it because the side of mod and northern soul I really hate and always try to stay away from is exactly this - the backstabbing. How f****** dare you put me in the same category as Roberts Im just trying - with your recommendation - to put on a night where we can all dance. And who the hell are YOUR friends I am supposed to have texted. I happen to have MY friends in MY phone not yours. What is this possesiveness about friends? Has someone hijacked your personality? I really cant beleive this is you saying all this.

In utter disbeleif. :yes:

Have you completely and utterly flipped? Was it just in my imagination that we had a long conversation on the phone about what to do about this night and you told me to go ahead with the Tower Tavern as there is no dancefloor, no room and expensive drinks at the net bar? As far as I am aware Nick and Hannah werent even down to DJ at the net bar. If everyone would like me to try and cancel this doo, however much it cost me Ill do it because the side of mod and northern soul I really hate and always try to stay away from is exactly this - the backstabbing. How f****** dare you put me in the same category as Roberts Im just trying - with your recommendation - to put on a night where we can all dance. And who the hell are YOUR friends I am supposed to have texted. I happen to have MY friends in MY phone not yours. What is this possesiveness about friends? Has someone hijacked your personality? I really cant beleive this is you saying all this.

In utter disbeleif. :rolleyes:

:yes::yes:

Bloody Hell!

Yes. Someone has clearly hijacked my personality.

After all, as everyone who has met me for more than 30-seconds will know it is completely unlike me to be sarcastic and I'd never dream of having a joke with anyone.

save me a space please within equal distance of the bar,toilet, fire exit and kenny :yes:

andy, is your signature is an obscure style council tune?

i know it but can't think what it is :D

Shane

Good spot Sir!

It's from the superb It Just Came To Pieces In My Hands.

:rolleyes::yes:

Bloody Hell!

Yes. Someone has clearly hijacked my personality.

After all, as everyone who has met me for more than 30-seconds will know it is completely unlike me to be sarcastic and I'd never dream of having a joke with anyone.

Good spot Sir!

It's from the superb It Just Came To Pieces In My Hands.

OK Andy, That's one of your better disguised jokes!

Incidentally - they have actually booked my favourite DJ for the Tower Tavern already.

I, of course, knew this before I added that line.

To clarify:

I am not moody, nobody has done anything wrong, I did say they should go ahead, it is a good thing, I was laughing about Nick's 'defection', I thought it was funny that Rob had got a text about that do and they are not Kev Robertses. I expect Hipshakin' is now a little embarrased about biting and I think that is quite funny..

I do stand by the bit about us having immaculately shod feet though.

phew!

us mods (not the ones like you lot) were debating whether to ban Andy Bee Bee, move him to freebasing only for 6 months or just boo him while he dj'ed at the Net Bar :yes:

Thankfully, Donna has seen the joke within his cutting post and all is well.

see ya both next week :rolleyes:

Shane

phew!

us mods (not the ones like you lot) were debating whether to ban Andy Bee Bee, move him to freebasing only for 6 months or just boo him while he dj'ed at the Net Bar :yes:

Thankfully, Donna has seen the joke within his cutting post and all is well.

see ya both next week :rolleyes:

Shane

Not you lot as well? Blimey.

Cutting?

It's a sad day for sarcasm when you can't rip the p*ss out of your friends on a public forum...

Not you lot as well? Blimey.

Cutting?

It's a sad day for sarcasm when you can't rip the p*ss out of your friends on a public forum...

==========

I dunno, I wait all day for an argument I can get involved in, so I can pontificate, clarify, manipulate and above all enhance my growing reputation as a 'saviour', and you go and nip it in the bud........oh well back to the ashes squad announcement for me :yes:

Although........... Flintoff or Strauss to lead the squads?

BB or Hipshaker to lead the Mods? :yes::yes::rolleyes:

Winnie:-)

Guest woolie mark

andy

i've heard a rumour that a certain well known former modernist (occasionally known by a nickname with the initials MF) may be in attendence at the net bar and that's why you've shunted nick 'ackitt off the bill - any comment?

phew!

Oh we've got much more style than them Shane :rolleyes:

andy

i've heard a rumour that a certain well known former modernist (occasionally known by a nickname with the initials MF) may be in attendence at the net bar and that's why you've shunted nick 'ackitt off the bill - any comment?

We'll have a few mad feckers there Mark (including me if my shoes get ruined by a river of red bull). Mickey Fingers might put in an appearance and they do a great Mickey finn behind the bar but I can't vouch for any Mod Fathers.

:thumbsup:

We'll have a few mad feckers there Mark (including me if my shoes get ruined by a river of red bull). Mickey Fingers might put in an appearance and they do a great Mickey finn behind the bar but I can't vouch for any Mod Fathers.

:thumbsup:

Edited by DonnaD
Guest woolie mark

:ohmy:

ok andy.....got the message :thumbsup::ohmy::thumbsup:

Andy, Which one is Hanway Street?

Ssssh!

Word of mouth son, we're underground.

Literally.

Turn left at Benjy's sandwich bar - if that's still there like, it was when I worked round there. Or just stand by the corner, cup your ears and listen out for The Jam and that'll be me playing Mod Revival and upsetting everyone.