100 Club Warm-up At The Tower 23rd Sept

Guest DonnaD

The Tower Tavern - on the corner of Cleveland Street and Clipstone Street will be hosting a 100 club warm up on 23rd Sept 8pm - 1:30pm. It's a short stagger from there to the 100 club

DJ line-up will be announced soon

£4 on the door. After expenses all proceeds will be donated to the Fetal Medicine Foundation.

• Replies 63
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The Tower Tavern - on the corner of Cleveland Street and Clipstone Street will be hosting a 100 club warm up on 23rd Sept 8pm - 1:30pm. It's a short stagger from there to the 100 club

£4 on the door. After expenses all proceeds will be donated to the Fetal Medicine Foundation.

its a shame we have to choose as there is already a warm up planned at the net bar nearby in soho.

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=33675

Shane

its a shame we have to choose as there is already a warm up planned at the net bar nearby in soho.

We didn't find out about the plans for the Net Bar until it was too late and the Tower Tavern event was already organised. I was thinking of trying to see if we could cancel it but talking to people I realised that there was room for both events as they are completely different. The Net Bar is a small drinking bar which doesnt fit very many people in so there would still be the problem of where people can go before the 100 club once it is full. Saying that it is areally nice little bar if you want to go along and have a drink, listen to some soul and chat. Dancing can get a bit messy though! The Tower can accommodate the overspill from the Net Bar and is good for anyone who can't wait until the 100 club to have a dance. Drinks are also cheaper at the Tower if your pockets arent very deep. Youre right - it is a shame but better too much choice than too little I guess.

Guest Andy BB

We haven't got a dart board

We haven't got a dance floor

We haven't got much room

We haven't got draught beer

What have we got?

We've got some nice shoes.

Needs two options Shane, ta for the link though. The Net Bar is indeed tres tiny. But as you're from Yorkshire and we don't have a door tax we'll probably see you in there.

:rolleyes:

Guest Andy Brazil

Really Happy to announce that Nick Hackett and Hannah will be DJing - cant wait!

More DJ announcements soon

YES!

-the dynamic duo,

Hard & Fast style

can't wait! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Guest Andy Kempster

where abouts is this in relation to the 100 club?

No more than 10 mins walk max. Its right beneath the Telecom Tower on the Corner of Cleveland St and Clipstone Street

Guest Andy Kempster

No more than 10 mins walk max. Its right beneath the Telecom Tower on the Corner of Cleveland St and Clipstone Street

have you got a postcode for googling please?

Guest Andy Brazil

i'll post up a "journey planner" map when i get home tonight

(if someone else hasn't already done so by then/ hint, )

Guest Andy Brazil

Yes, thats when we met, post 100 club i talk even more nonsense than normal :rolleyes: .

surprising,

i know,

(under the circumstances)

you actually made a lot of sense

-unlike your avatar :sleep3:

See yuz at the Anny?

does Dolly Parton sleep on her back?

-see you there!

Guest Andy Brazil

Is There a dancefloor at the Tower tavern

there is indeed;

(a wooden one :thumbsup: ,-that's why ady's thought of it)

Donna & I will be going for a chat with the owner tonight,

so we'll report back with more info on the venue.

there is indeed;

(a wooden one :thumbsup: ,-that's why ady's thought of it)

Donna & I will be going for a chat with the owner tonight,

so we'll report back with more info on the venue.

Make it 5.30 you can buy me a pint.

And I can whisper in the owners ear that all your punters are notorious trouble makers and he shouldn't touch you with a bargepole :D

Guest Andy Brazil

And I can whisper in the owners ear that all your punters are notorious trouble makers and he shouldn't touch you with a bargepole :lol:

I'd expect nothing less from you BB,

old chap :shhh:

seriously though,

dunno if we'll make it for 5.30

but

if you'll be in the area later,

call(mobile) & we'll have a drink.

-as long as you don't show us all up by getting your usual

"fancy"

tipple,

with a dinky little umbrella in it :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Edited by Andy Brazil

Not only do we have the Dynamic Duo NICK AND HANNAH we also have Scotlands finest Mr KEITH MONEY - what more could you ask for? - I have an idea and I'll be announcing that later today tongue.gif

Can't Wait!

Guest Andy Brazil

--we won't be having any stand-up comedians

--(or the sit-down at the computer variant :rolleyes: )

BUT,

we WILL have some bloody fantastic DJs

for your listening & Dancing pleasure!

to reiterate Donna's earlier post......

Not only do we have the Dynamic Duo NICK AND HANNAH we also have Scotlands finest Mr KEITH MONEY

Can't Wait!

BB

-all's

well that ends well eh!

:yes:

Edited by Andy Brazil

And now for the piste de resistance -

BACK DOOR KENNY

will be collecting his lemonade from his seat ouside the door of the net bar and when BB isn't looking, racing roung the corner to the Tower Tavern just for your listening pleasure.

We need a Kenny substitute to sit outside the Net bar and pretend to be Kenny - any offers?

Guest Andy Brazil

BACK DOOR KENNY

will be collecting his lemonade from his seat ouside the door of the net bar and when BB isn't looking, racing roung the corner to the Tower Tavern just for your listening pleasure.

We need a Kenny substitute to sit outside the Net bar and pretend to be Kenny - any offers?

:D

Nah,

can't be done

they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

k's top quality,

the best of British & German engineering..........

that one's built to last!

p.s.

let's find out at the 100 club how BBs ahhhem,

"top quality"

footwear holds out after treading on the net bars floor,made of broken glass,

sick,& redbull(last two are the same "product" in my book)

better save some wonga for the....ahhhem

cobblers :yes:

Edited by Andy Brazil

BACK DOOR KENNY

They dont get much bigger than him :yes: cant wait :rolleyes:

Guest Andy Brazil

ok folks

here's a link to the flyer

-bit of a last minute,rush-job!

(incorporating original "6t's Rhythm & Soul Society" look)

since Donna , Kenny & I will be playing for the first one & a half hours

It's worth underlining;

6t's Rhythm & Soul Society

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Andy Brazil
Guest Andy Brazil

It won't let me see flyer, as I'm not a member of modculture! unsure.gif

shit!

-sorry 'bout that. rolleyes.gif

i'll see if i can remedy that PDQ!

I've been trying a work-around to the temporary suspension of uploads here on Soul-Source

-anyone got any info on when site maintenance stuff is finished,

so we can upload flyers again?

(I'll check S-S site news section again now just in case!)

owww my brain hurts! :huh:

Guest Andy Brazil

It is indeed. I also notice inflation has caused an increase in the door tax from the £4 in the first post in this thread to £6 on the fancy colour flyer

100warmup_J39.98k.gif

Fancy flyer? (aww shucks :lol:

.................6 quid ??

well if that looks like 6 quid to you Dave;

I

for one certainly wouldn't wanna argue the point with you whistling.gif

(you probably got distracted by the lovely Catherine on the other flyers Dave :yes:

-maybe it'll go some way towards a nice little Rhubharb & custard coloured

Duke for me,

:lol:

BTW

was gutted you weren't at the last Studio one mate

-i'll be sending you a list once i've recovered from

nighter :lol:

regards

A

Like the flyer mate,masters of hard 6ts northern!! Looking forward to this one,will pop into Net bar first say hello to BB then onto the Tower Tavern, DJ's Keith Money,Back of the decks Kenny,Donna,Andy Brazil,Hannabal Moore and can u Hackett with all £ going to a very deserving charity,see you all there whistling.gif

Edited by nick hackett
Guest Marcelle

And I can whisper in the owners ear that all your punters are notorious trouble makers and he shouldn't touch you with a bargepole :lol:

BOO HOO BOO HOO sorry matey we WONT be here or the 100club .... :lol:

But it is for a very special reason thumbsup.gif:lol: that we wont be there as we will be celebrating the WEDDING of one Chris`s oldest & dearest mates ........... "KIDDO & WENDY" yippeee

have a great night (I know you will)

see you soon xxxxxxxx

I have no policy,just be play n/soul from when ever,would you like more or less R+B Col? :thumbsup:

The quota that I can safely handle when I'm in an understanding mood is between 2 & 3 in any one hour. Any more than that & I get seriously narked.......if the event was advertised as northern soul.

I looked at the flyer & knew a couple of the DJs from the northern background, but was frankly a bit worried about the connection to the 'Hard As Nails RnB all niter"