Gambian Soul Project 2

Mandy

The Gambian Soul Project are pleased to announce it's second all dayer ... hopefully to be as good as the first one ranting_1.gif

Saturday 11th November '06

1pm until 1am

Just £5 admission - not bad for 12 hours of non-stop entertainment!!!

Raffle and hopefully an auction on the day!!

Stafford Rangers Football Club, Astonfields/Marston Road, Stafford

(approx 3 minutes from Junction 14 of the M6, two travel lodges just off Jct 14 for overnight guests!)

We are looking for anyone who would like to contribute at least half an hour's worth of DJing for the charity dayer. The last dayer in February had an absolutely cracking line up and we're hoping to get as good this time. If you would like to DJ or contribute anything towards the raffle please PM myself or Lagerlout. We raised the fantastic sum of just over £500 last time and would love to do the same so the children can all have a christmas present each this year :lol:

Any suggestions for raising more money etc would be greatly appreciated.

Details of accommodation and directions at a later date.

Thanks

Mandy, Pete & Jules

Gambian Soul

Edited by Baz
  • Replies 217
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

The Gambian Soul Project are pleased to announce it's second all dayer ... hopefully to be as good as the first one ranting_1.gif

1pm until 1am

(approx 3 minutes from Junction 14 of the M6, two travel lodges just off Jct 14 for overnight guests!)

We are looking for anyone who would like to contribute at least half an hour's worth of DJing for the charity dayer. The last dayer in February had an absolutely cracking line up and we're hoping to get as good this time. If you would like to DJ or contribute anything towards the raffle please PM myself or Lagerlout. We raised the fantastic sum of just over £500 last time and would love to do the same so the children can all have a christmas present each this year :lol:

Thanks

Mandy, Pete & Jules

Gambian Soul

=========

hi mandy

put me down mate if u get desperate for djs

have 45s will travel,,

regards

mark

Had a great response ... thank you all. Have just a few slots left if anyone would like to spare us their time and come and have a good day out too! Anyone who was at the last dayer and wants to DJ again will obviously get preference :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

More details to follow when everything is sorted out.

Had a great response ... thank you all. Have just a few slots left if anyone would like to spare us their time and come and have a good day out too! Anyone who was at the last dayer and wants to DJ again will obviously get preference :thumbsup:

Thanks again.

More details to follow when everything is sorted out.

Miss Wakelam!

You really shouldn't advertise on a national forum that you have a slot that needs filling :lol:

Hope this goes well - can't promise anything like being able to come along, but will definately be able to find a prize for your raffle. Will also do my best to find a man that will allow himself to be auctioned as slave for the day...... I can be very persuasive :D

See you soon xxxx

Miss Wakelam!

You really shouldn't advertise on a national forum that you have a slot that needs filling
:thumbsup:

Kirsty -- only you could think of that one
:lol:

Hope this goes well - can't promise anything like being able to come along, but will definately be able to find a prize for your raffle.
Will also do my best to find a man that will allow himself to be auctioned as slave for the day
...... I can be very persuasive
biggrin.gif

Now there's a good idea ... if you can find any men that is - I've been looking for years
:D:lol:

Thanks for the donation PM me when you've found one and we'll sort out getting it down here
:D

See you soon xxxx

Guest lagerlout

mandy as informed me of the response from all who wish to be involved in the all-dayer and im overjoyed at your generosity.

febs event was brilliant and we raised a large amount for the gambian project.

i carn,t express what it means to myself, jules,and mandy what you kind people do for my little project in west africa.

maybe one day some of you could see it for yourselves, what you bring to these people

thanks again from pete,jules, and mandy @ mission control.

the gambian soul club....

Guest lagerlout

THE MONEY WE RAISED LAST TIME WAS SPENT RECENTLY ON THE RE-BORING OF THE WELL IN THE SCHOOL GROUNDS AS IT HAD RUN DRY.THIS WELL ALSO SUPPLIED WATER TO THE VILLAGE WHICH IS VITAL TO EVERYONE IN THE VILLAGE OF BUSUMBALA.WHAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED IS NOT SO IN GAMBIA.

THE COST OF RE-BORING WAS £300 AS THEY HAD TO HIGHER A MECHANICAL BORER FOR THIS WORK TO REACH THE WATER TABLE AGAIN.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS AS YOUR DONATIONS THROUGH SUPPORTING OUR SOUL DAYERS SAVE LIVES..

PETE...

THE MONEY WE RAISED LAST TIME WAS SPENT RECENTLY ON THE RE-BORING OF THE WELL IN THE SCHOOL GROUNDS AS IT HAD RUN DRY.THIS WELL ALSO SUPPLIED WATER TO THE VILLAGE WHICH IS VITAL TO EVERYONE IN THE VILLAGE OF BUSUMBALA.WHAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED IS NOT SO IN GAMBIA.

THE COST OF RE-BORING WAS £300 AS THEY HAD TO HIGHER A MECHANICAL BORER FOR THIS WORK TO REACH THE WATER TABLE AGAIN.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS AS YOUR DONATIONS THROUGH SUPPORTING OUR SOUL DAYERS SAVE LIVES..

PETE...

Hi Pete,

I have worked closely with a charity myself for the past 6 years that helps the poorest of the poor in Rwanda.

When you know that just £1 can put a child through school for a year... it kind of puts things in perspective just a bit.

You're doing good things mate..... and i for one can't wait for this... gonna be top!

£500? ....surely we can do better than that this time people.. :yes::yes:

Mandy

Hoping to make this one and not have to drive and leave early like last time. Will donate the usual Goodie bags x 2 for the raffle and perhaps people could sponsor me to stop talking for ten minute periods, should think I would have a few takers on that one. :yes:

QoFxx

£500? ....surely we can do better than that this time people.. :yes::yes:

Too right Joan, Spoke to Mandy on sat, and their is a cracking CD on offer for the dayer by a well known DJ, that'll fly out and bring in plenty of wonga, along with my little offer of a CD that i'll be hasseling every one to buy on the day......ALL proceeds go to the Gambian kids wont be taking a penny back for cost.

P.S i think all DJ's should wear a stick on moustache whilst behind the decks :yes:

Guest lagerlout

Too right Joan, Spoke to Mandy on sat, and their is a cracking CD on offer for the dayer by a well known DJ, that'll fly out and bring in plenty of wonga, along with my little offer of a CD that i'll be hasseling every one to buy on the day......ALL proceeds go to the Gambian kids wont be taking a penny back for cost.

P.S i think all DJ's should wear a stick on moustache whilst behind the decks :yes:

hi baz matey

we are thinking of having a gambian soul club t-shirt printed

just waiting on costs from a mate of mandy,s as ive got the design already

from a close friend who designed it for me ..

hi baz matey

we are thinking of having a gambian soul club t-shirt printed

just waiting on costs from a mate of mandy,s as ive got the design already

from a close friend who designed it for me ..

Pete thats a great idea :yes: , any chance of a long sleeve version :yes::yes: . Really looking forward to this event , i went out yesterday to watch the football & got chatting to two guys from Africa & the stories of poverty they told me really bring it home how lucky we are .................... WE will raise more than £500 this time.

Guest lagerlout

Pete thats a great idea :yes: , any chance of a long sleeve version :yes::yes: . Really looking forward to this event , i went out yesterday to watch the football & got chatting to two guys from Africa & the stories of poverty they told me really bring it home how lucky we are .................... WE will raise more than £500 this time.

no probs garv will have a special one made up for you.. :yes:

Guest lagerlout

Shall we all stay sober for this one , for a change :yes:

Will there be prizes for the best tash :yes:

at the end of the night you,ll be able to shave off all the taches with your electric razor... :yes:

Me & Sarah have just booked the Travel Inn that is nearby. Mandy says it is about 3 mins away. If anyone wants the details it is:

Travel Inn

Hurricane Close

Stafford

Tel 0870 9906478.

You can book online, which was quite easy to do, it was £47.00 for a double & £48.00 for a twin.

Hope we make plenty of money for a really good cause & lots of the lovely people from soul source come & give their support. And I hope Kirsty finds someone nice to raffle :huh:

Great idea Mandy & Pete :thumbsup:

Kx

Guest lagerlout

Me & Sarah have just booked the Travel Inn that is nearby. Mandy says it is about 3 mins away. If anyone wants the details it is:

Travel Inn

Hurricane Close

Stafford

Tel 0870 9906478.

You can book online, which was quite easy to do, it was £47.00 for a double & £48.00 for a twin.

Hope we make plenty of money for a really good cause & lots of the lovely people from soul source come & give their support. And I hope Kirsty finds someone nice to raffle :huh:

Great idea Mandy & Pete :thumbsup:

Kx

hi kirsty

will be great to see you both there,last event was a scream.

pete x

Guest lagerlout

count me in again :D

pete, sort us out with some traditional dress again. i want a purple one this time with a matching fly squatter

Shane

shane got you sorted with traditional wedding gownd

shane got you sorted with traditional wedding gownd

:D Can we marry him off to Bladeforlife? :lol: the perfect odd couple :lol:

Edited by Baz

Especially for Mr Bond i shall be playing a climactic set of Disco and Philly greats!!!

So Baz, don that white suit, pull on those cuban heels, dig out your best medallion and lets see you strut it some!!!! :wave:

And dont forget your WODD's :wave:

Guest lagerlout

mandy,s p.c. as mandy,d out and as to go into the computer hospital for a week,so anything regarding the all-dayer please i.m. me.

i will help with any conserns and in the word of meatloaf " but i wont do that" :wave:

pete/jules lager

mandy,s p.c. as mandy,d out and as to go into the computer hospital for a week,so anything regarding the all-dayer please i.m. me.

i will help with any conserns and in the word of meatloaf " but i wont do that" :D

pete/jules lager

Pete, I still have the stuff piled up in my garage for you and that cheque.

Give me a call and we'll sort out a meet. :wave:

Promise I won't bring Shane :D

PS. Do you think that SSCDT t shirt can raise anything this time ? :wave:

Guest lagerlout

Pete, I still have the stuff piled up in my garage for you and that cheque.

Give me a call and we'll sort out a meet. :D

Promise I won't bring Shane :D

PS. Do you think that SSCDT t shirt can raise anything this time ? :wave:

you said that last time and low and behold there he was in the boot. :wave:

PETE...

This shows just how much good the money does!

Count me in again and more power to your elbow Pete and Jules. :wave:

at the end of the night you,ll be able to shave off all the taches with your electric razor... :rolleyes:

:lol:wink.gif Can't wait to see what the star prize is this time , maybe we should have a prize for the best prize.......................more beer landlord.

Guest lagerlout

:yes::P Can't wait to see what the star prize is this time , maybe we should have a prize for the best prize.......................more beer landlord.

mak you know you loved your prize.. :D

Think Mandy asked me to put the kit in ........ no problems

Would be great to see some old faces again as I don't get about so much these days

We all know this is 'gonna be a big thing' expecially as its for a worthy course as well.

Looking forward to this - big style

TaTar 4 now

Shute

Im making a weekend of it Mak :D Is Sweetsoul the night before btw?

Well Gary let me tell you , you'll a weekend to get over it. :thumbsup: .

beware of ladies who drink cider :D

Yes, Sweetsoul is on the night before so I will give that a miss. I will be there again next week though.

Guest lagerlout

looks like this is gonna be another storming event..sleaford was great but this stafford event could be bigger, fingers crossed. its picking up momentum like a dung beetle pushing down hill. :yes:

Guest Marcelle

Hi you lot .....

will anyone involved in this be at Bidds 23rd Sept ????

So we can pass on some raffle prizes ......... too big to post :yes:

(prizes to include aging Dj Mace :yes: )

Cheers xx

Guest lagerlout

Hi you lot .....

will anyone involved in this be at Bidds 23rd Sept ????

So we can pass on some raffle prizes ......... too big to post :yes:

(prizes to include aging Dj Mace :yes: )

Cheers xx

hi marcelle

thanks for the donation of prizes...im sure one of the gambian soul club crew will be at bidds and bring it along to the dayer.....once again thanks

pete

Guest Phil Richards

The Gambian Soul Project are pleased to announce it's second all dayer ... hopefully to be as good as the first one laugh.gif

1pm until 1am

We are looking for anyone who would like to contribute at least half an hour's worth of DJing for the charity dayer. The last dayer in February had an absolutely cracking line up and we're hoping to get as good this time. If you would like to DJ or contribute anything towards the raffle please PM myself or Lagerlout. We raised the fantastic sum of just over £500 last time and would love to do the same so the children can all have a christmas present each this year :shhh:

Thanks

Mandy, Pete & Jules

Gambian Soul

Have some cd's you can have for your raffle if you want them

Guest lagerlout

:lol: be brilliant for a flyer too :(

Looks like the niffty work of Mr Abbott :(

mr abbott did this for us when he came over to the gambia on a visit earlier this year. whistling.gif

think this would make a great T-shirt ...what you think

Love it Pete................ my long sleeve one will be the talk of London town :tumbleweed3::thumbsup: .

cant wait for this event

Guest Marcelle

hi marcelle

thanks for the donation of prizes...im sure one of the gambian soul club crew will be at bidds and bring it along to the dayer.....once again thanks

pete

Your welcome .... now all I need to find is a box & ribbon big enough to put .......... Mace in :tumbleweed3: xx

what prizes would you prefer....

can organise records (obviously old duffers from Michaels collection), booze (I could be persuaded to part with a bottle of Moet for a good cause), warm lingerie :unsure: (for the knicker sniffers), could even make some kind of furry wanking mit :huh: (I'm very good at crafts!).... :lol:

Pretty much doubt I'll be able to attend as my lovely husband is on call out every other weekend - probably till the end of the year - and theres already a cross in my diary for that date. :lol:

If you can let me know which prize will be best suited for your purposes I can either post them down, or take em out with me - or even meet up with someone. I'm fairly flexible (but not as flexible as I was before I had kids) :tumbleweed3:

Source Advert